Lovely toucan-themed room with window and bookcases. Amenities include 2 twin beds, dresser, closet, WiFi. Shared kitchen, shared living room. Spa year round. Pool in summer. Easy access to all freeways, not far from airport and downtown.
Check out our other listing: Tropical Garden in Sacramento for $46/night! Our rooms are often booked for months at a time, so check in advance to see what's available.
The second twin bed is a pull-out bed, and has a rudimentary mattress.
- Our listing is child-friendly.
- We welcome non-smoking guests.
- We request that quiet time be from 11:00 pm until 10 am.
- If you have your T.V. or any sound-making device on beyond those hours, we request that you use a headset or use a low volume on the device. Please feel free to make yourself at home in our home within the parameters described under "guest access."
- When family is home, shared use of family room.
- Absolutely no downloads allowed that may be construed as “piracy.”
- Plenty of street parking is available.
Use of kitchen is pretty free, however there are a few kitchen rules, especially for long-term guests:
- There is filtered drinking water, dishes and pans available for your use in the kitchen. Since this is a shared kitchen with the owners, please ask about use of the oven and kitchen to make sure that usage times are mutually convenient.
- Please do not consume any of the owners’ food or beverages, plastic containers, aluminum foil, etc. unless invited to. No access to owner’s supplies. If you are running low on toilet paper, please ask and we will provide you with more.
Use of paper goods for long-term guests:
- Please use the dining room or the kitchen island for most of your meals, since guests are asked not to remove dishes from the kitchen. Paper goods are available for occasional, not everyday use. If you prefer to eat in your room on a daily basis, please provide your own paper/plastic utensils and dishes.
Clean-up of shared spaces:
- If you are using a shared space, like the kitchen or bathroom, please clean up after yourself right away. This includes putting your dishes back in the cupboard after each meal.
Clean-up of your room and bathroom:
- The cleaning fee charged ensures that all guests will receive their rooms in clean condition, however monthly guests are expected to wash the bedsheets and towels provided at least every 2 weeks; and are expected to clean and vacuum their own room and bathroom on a regular basis. If monthly guests wish to request additional cleaning of their space during their stay, an extra cleaning service can be requested for an additional fee.
Refrigerator and pantry for long-term guests:
- Refrigerator space is available in the fridge on the patio. Easy access from kitchen.
- A small space is available in the pantry for your use if you are staying for more than 3 days.
- Please be mindful that the bathrooms are mostly private, but are sometimes shared by owners when they have visitors, or otherwise.
- Use of washer, dryer in garage possible. Long term guests may be charged a fee depending on their frequency of laundry use.
Storage space, especially for long-term guests:
- You should have ample storage space for your personal items in the room. There is 2/3 of a closet and a large bureau reserved just for you. You may store your suitcase in the garage. The owners request that you not put any of your own personal items on their shelves or in their cupboards. There is a possibility of a small storage space outside if you have your own covered plastic container. Limit: 1 per guest.
- You'll receive a house key for the duration of your stay.
- Check In: 4:00 PM
- Check Out: 11:00 AM
Hi, my name is Rocky and I have been a coach for most of my life. Most recently, I am the leader of a men's group which helps other men strengthen and deepen their relationships with family, friends and the community. I have also coached college tennis for most of my career, and now coach tennis individually. I also work as a care provider in a senior living center. I love cooking, reading, gardening and travel. My wife is retired and she also enjoys tennis, hiking, reading, gardening and cooking.