Remodeled private cottage for your Ocean Beach experience: includes private secured parking, key-less lock, cable TV, high speed internet and outdoor shower to freshen up after a day at the beach only three blocks away. Dining and Shopping located nearby.
Thank you for considering our remodeled craftsman cottage for your lodging experience in Ocean Beach (a community of San Diego). The smoke free, 500 square-foot, one-bedroom cottage, includes many amenities such as strong high speed internet and key-less locks that one needs for a care free and memorable visit to this beautiful community. The cottage includes the following:
•Queen size bed with quality mattress
•Closet with mirror closet doors
•Black out shades
•Folding luggage stands
•Night stands with built in USB ports and Smart Phone chargers
•Ceiling fan with remote control
•Double pane and double hung windows for additional sound proofing
•Standard sectional couch (bedding available upon request)
•48-inch Flat Screen Hi Definition TV
•DVD/Blu-Ray player with surround sound capabilities
•Basic cable and Roku for streaming movies
•Double pane and double hung windows for additional sound proofing
•Fully equipped kitchen with cooking and eating utensils
•Sink with dish rack
•Oil, spices, sugar, etc
•Ziplock bags, aluminum foil, plastic wrap
•Quarter dome shower enclosure
•Ceiling fan with heater
•Magnifying mirror with light
•Complimentary shampoo and soap
•Complimentary towels (more available upon request)
•Built in dining table for two
•Hot and cold bottled water dispenser
•Complimentary coffee, tea, and half/half
•Built in desk
•Pens and paper
•Horizontal sliding window screen
•Secure single car garage
•Remote control garage door opener
•Washer and dryer
•Strong hi-speed wireless internet
•Key-less locks that are re-programmed to a unique code for every guest for easy self-check-in at your leisure
•HBO (free) and Netflix (requires membership) available through Roku
•Out-door shower with hot and cold water stocked with shampoo and soap
•Iron and iron board
•A twin size air mattress with electric pump available and bedding upon request.
•Beach towels, boogie boards, and beach chairs. Coolers are provided upon request for use during your stay.
•Air conditioning for hot days when the sea breeze fails
•Outdoor seating area
•His and Hers beach cruiser bicycles equip with baskets and locks for riding around Ocean Beach, available upon request (See photos).
• Travel crib made for baby, infant, or toddler.
• Infant/toddler high chair.
• Workout bench and dumbbell weight set.
Areas of Interest:
•Sandy and spacious beaches with plenty of good surf (3 blocks)
•Abundant restaurants and shopping within (1 to 6 blocks)
•Ocean Beach Pier “one of the longest in the Western US” (7 blocks)
•Nature trails, coastal bluffs and tide pools (7 blocks)
•Sunset Cliffs Natural Park (1 mile)
•Mission Bay Park “Robb Field” (2 blocks)
•Downtown San Diego (6 miles)
•San Diego International Airport (4 miles)
•Sea World (2 miles)
•San Diego Zoo (6 miles)
We hope you consider your stay at our cottage. For information and services my wife and I as we are located next door and available 24/7, and of course we will respect your privacy at all times.
About Ocean Beach: Although Ocean Beach (OB) has a history dating back to 1887, the community today is eclectic in nature developed with older restored craftsman cottages to multi-unit apartments to modern sustainable homes. The somewhat bohemian and “funky” nature of Ocean Beach is what gives it its classic unspoiled beach town appeal. The economy of Ocean Beach is dominated by small, independent retail businesses and has actively opposed chain businesses opening but a few exist like CVS, Rite Aid, and Starbucks. Grocery stores include the Ocean Beach Peoples Food Store (Natural Foods) to Stumps Market. Chain Super Markets such as Vons or Ralphs are located within 3 miles. The Newport Avenue commercial district located 6 blocks from the cottage is filled with antique shops, boutiques shops, clothing stores, restaurants, breweries, bars, night clubs, and surf shops.
Every Wednesday is the Ocean Beach Farmers Market where you can find fresh cut flowers, locally grown fruits and vegetables, unique foods, arts and crafts, and live entertainment.
Ocean Beach is community oriented and includes organizations such as the Ocean Beach Town Council, the Ocean Beach Main Street Association, a Kiwanis club, the Ocean Beach Planning Board, and the Ocean Beach Historical Society exist. Local events include the Ocean Beach Street Fair and Chili Cook-off in late June, 4th of July Fire Works, a jazz festival at the foot of Newport in late September, the Ocean Beach Christmas Parade in early December, the Ocean Beach Kite Festival on the second Saturday of May, and the Ocean Beach Canine Carnival on the Sunday before Halloween.
The Ocean Beach Municipal Pier, built in 1966, is the longest concrete pier on the West Coast at 1,971 feet. The pier supports a restaurant and bait shop (Ocean Beach Pier Cafe), which is located about 200 yards down the pier. It is open 24 hours a day. The northern end of O.B.'s waterfront is known as Dog Beach. It's open 24 hours a day for leash-free dogs. And lastly, Ocean Beach and adjacent Point Loma are home to a sizable population of feral parrots and their offspring, known locally as the "O.B. air force." The sub-tropical climate is nearly ideal for parrots. The parrots, mostly Amazons, are most active and vocal at sunrise and sunset. During the summer the parrots often perch on the street trees in front of the cottage.
Accès des voyageurs
Guest will access through the garage or front door of their detached cottage.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
We live next door and are always available for questions or assistance. However, we respect your privacy. If you would like information about the area feel free to knock on our door or just call.
Yet four miles away, Ocean Beach is under the San Diego International Airport flight path and from time to time beginning around 6:30 a.m. until 10:30 p.m. you may hear jets landing or taking off. The cottage has double pane windows so noise should be limited. However, ear plugs are available in the unit.
By booking with Arwa and I, you agree to the following House Rules which are meant to avert any confusion:
1) Treat the house as you would want others to treat yours.
2) No Parties: If you’re coming to San Diego to party you’ve picked a great city to do so. Unfortunately, just not at our place. Though we’re sure it won’t come to it, serious complaints of unruly behavior will unfortunately result in guest being asked to leave. To respect the cottage, property, and the neighbors right to quiet and enjoyment, please reframe from any type of parting or gathering of groups three or larger at the cottage.
3) No smoking on the property including within the garage and front yard. Unfortunately, based on smoking issues in the past we have had to eliminate smoking from anywhere on the property altogether. If smoke damage is discovered after departure, an additional cleaning fee will be deducted from the security deposit to remove the smoke smell.
4) The housekeeper will arrive shortly after 11:00 a.m. to clean the house on the day you check out. Please do not stay beyond 11:00 a.m. without prior consent from the host. If the housekeeper is unable to start on time, a fee of $75.00 per hour, or any fraction of an hour past 11:00 a.m. will be deducted from the security deposit.
5) Please inform us immediately if there are any issues with the home including typical home maintenance issue that may cause damage to the home if not remedied immediately. This includes a leaky faucet or a burnt out light bulb. We want your visit to be as pleasant as possible. the cottage is inspected prior to your visit for issues and should be in top shape for your visit.
6) People other than those in the Guest party may not stay overnight on the property. Any person on the property is the sole responsibility of the primary guest.
7) The primary Airbnb contact/guest, the one the communication and payment was completed from is required to stay at the cottage for the duration of the reservation. Subleasing the cottage is prohibited.
8) We supply beach towels, chairs, and boogie boards for your enjoyment. If the beach accessories are lost, damaged or destroyed the cost to replace the item(s) will be deducted from the deposit.
9) Please do not parallel park next to the cottage in the alley. Unfortunately, neighbors have complained due to limited access through the alley when a guest parallel parks next to the garage door in the alley. If your vehicle cannot fit in the garage please park on the public street or inform the host for a solution.
10) For security reasons, please keep the garage door shut always other than for egress and ingress purposes.
11) The owners of the cottage do not assume liability for the loss, theft, damage or injury (or death) to persons or their personal property. Guests agree to indemnify and hold the owners harmless for any liabilities, theft, damage, cost or expense whatsoever arising from or related to any claim or litigation which may arise out of or in connection with Guests' use and occupancy of the vacation rental, including but not limited to claims for personal injury or property damage/loss. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to visit the premise.
My wife and I are empty nesters and long time residence of San Diego. We have owned the cottage for five years and recently remodeled to provide additional comfort to you, our guest. Although we live next door, the cottage is secured with fencing for your privacy and security. We are prompt to assist whenever needed and look forward to having you as our guest.
Will and Arwa