Our charming, lovely colonial Shophouse on Petain Road in the hip Jalan Besar neighbourhood is the perfect place to rest and relax while exploring the exciting area of Little India as it is situated on a calm, and elegant residential street! ;)
Centrally-located to many awesome eateries, hawker centres, food streets & local bars/cafes, it is just a short 5min walk to Farrer Park MRT station:). City Square Mall and the infamous 24-hour Mustafa Shopping Centre are also within a 3-5min stroll.
*** Please Note ***: This listing is *NOT* for the entire shophouse, but for our entire Photographer's bachelor pad located on its own floor -- it is ONE of the 5 private en-suite bathroom lofts offered in our Shophouse :).
Experience the eclectic charm of living in a refashioned and reloved colonial-era Shophouse! High lofty ceilings, large spacious rooms, 42 Petain Row is one of 7 iconic, beautifully-conserved Singaporean Shophouses - home to the bustling, vibrant Jalan Besar.
Our large 600 sq ft pad was inspired by the industrial grit of black-and-white rock n' roll music photography; apart from our one-off grungy pieces and artworks that we've collected over the years (occupational hazard!), it also comes with extremely soft and clean bed linens for the queen bed, freshly laundered sets of towels, an electric kettle, hair dryer, mini-bar fridge for storing any food items or drinks, as well as a 40" flat screen TV....with lo' and behold - Netflix!! (For all the traveling couch-potatoes out there who just want to enjoy a lazy night in with a movie and snacks..;))
This loft studio is on the second storey of the Shophouse in the back wing, up a short flight of stairs, and a single bed with its own mattress, pillow, and clean linens can also be prepared should you be traveling with extra companions. For lazy sleepers who prefer to wake up late and laze around in bed in the dark... we have fully black-out and sheer blinds + black-out curtains installed at the windows as well as a black-out screen on the door so you'll never have to be woken up by that nasty sliver of light....;)))!
Your Loft is fully self-contained and there will not be any sharing of space. It comes with:
- Localized Air-Conditioning
- Equipped with Unlimited High-Speed WiFi
- Ensuite Bathroom with Mirror, Towels and complimentary Shampoo & Shower gel
- High-Pressure Hot Water Shower
- Comfortable Living and Working Area
- Comfortable Sleep Environment and Quality Bedding
- Electric Kettle
- Complimentary Coffee/Tea sachets
- Iron & Ironing Board (*available in the common Ground floor area*)
- 40" Smart TV (*only Netflix programs*)
- Mini-Bar Fridge
We also have the following Shared facilities on the ground floor of the Shophouse:
1) Laundry area with Washer, Dryer, Iron, Clothes Hanging Stand + Complimentary Detergent so that you may have your long-awaited Laundry Day and recharge for the rest of your trip! ;)
2) Kitchen area with Full Cooking Facilities + my Personal Collection of Dry Herbs and Spices + Sauces/Oils. Guests are allowed complimentary access to this for their own light cooking/food prep. Feel free to use as many utensils and dishes as you like, but please remember to wash them after use and return them to the common area.
3) A Lush and Eclectic Waiting Lobby/Entrance Foyer for all guests to enjoy with some of our curated memorabilia and books amidst lovely plants and foliage:D
Accès des voyageurs
Your spacious loft is completely private and located on its own floor with it's own en-suite bathroom, we have also provided some useful, basic necessities listed above.
The kitchen, iron, and laundry area is located on the common ground floor of the Shophouse, and we allow all our guests to use these free-of-charge as long as they return things to the way they are:).
Échanges avec les voyageurs
We are not staying in the Shophouse at the moment but all enquiries are welcome throughout and we'd be happy to help with suggestions on where to go and what to do (especially with our in-house food and drink aficionado!) to fully enjoy this locale and your holiday in Singapore:)!
You also have the option to self-check in or have either myself or someone else greet you upon arrival at the Shophouse, please do let us know which you would prefer. ;)
• DO kindly provide a brief description of all persons staying in the apartment/your purpose in Singapore when inquiring. This will help speed up our booking selection process. ;)
• DO read through the detailed information about our space on the listing before inquiring/making a booking request so that you are completely up-to-date on what to expect in our home before confirming:)!
• For long-term staying guests, we are also able to organize a lovely cleaner who stays next door to come over and clean your apartment at her usual hourly rate.
• DO note that apart from the standard items we sometimes stock in our central fridge such as butter, olive oil, and sauces - the rest of the food and drink items belong to our other staying guests and are therefore not for general consumption. :)
• As we are an Airbnb home not a hotel, we appreciate your common courtesy and understanding to tidy up after yourselves before you leave! :)
We love sharing our home with you all, and we hope that you will enjoy our humble abode as we strive to fine tune how to make your stay an even better one! :D
- - - Parties/Events/Photoshoots are not part of this booking usage and is a separate price/mix-barter, please do message to enquire on availability!
- Please make sure to include the **TOTAL Number of Guests** staying when enquiring or requesting, so that the Airbnb Occupancy rates shown to you are accurately reflected, because the current default setting is for a **Single-Occupancy rate**.
- Please kindly keep voice levels to a minimum when outside the apartments and in the stairwell/common areas from 9PM-9AM so as to not disturb other guests on the other floors:)) Failure to comply or any noise complaints received can result in the loss of security deposit.
- Please do turn off the lights and air-conditioning when you leave the house so as to save the earth (!)
- NO shoes in the house, kindly remove them when you enter our common waiting lobby area and you may use our indoor House slippers provided instead:)
- If you use the kitchen/have any trash, please do clean up after yourselves/kindly place them in the large green bin right outside the house before you leave! :) We also allow only light cooking in our kitchens, NO heavy/oily cooking please.
- Loss of any house key(s) will result in a loss fee of $30/individual key.
- Be gentle with our lovely furniture and items as if it were your own so others may enjoy our home the same;)
- And lastly, extra guests (not included in our booking arrangement) are *not* allowed unless priorly agreed with us, as this apartment and shophouse is meant first and foremost for the use of our official, staying guests. We reserve the right to terminate any stay if otherwise. :) Thank you!
Si vous annulez jusqu'à 7 jours avant le voyage, vous recevez un remboursement à hauteur de 50 %. En cas d'annulation au cours des 7 jours précédant le voyage, la réservation est non remboursable.
Cet hôte a 388 commentaires pour d'autres propriétés.Voir d'autres commentaires
Hi there, I'm Shu! ☺
A self-professed food-lover and design-aholic;) I believe in living well, laughing often and loving much thus my ardent quest for great food and conversation has led me on all sorts of travels around the world. Likewise, an undying thirst for design and all things beautiful always has me trying to bring the world back to our own doorstep in Singapore;)!
As a guest, I appreciate the low-down and tips on unusual experiences and amazing food/drink joints that only locals know about;) I also make it a point to treat the homes I stay in with great care and respect, leaving everything as it was when I arrived - I believe the experience of staying in someone else's home is priceless and ought to be treated in kind☺
As a Host, I take great pride in keeping our Shophouse Enclave a truly unique and lovely experience for all our guests because what I love most about our home are the people we share it with!:)
So if you are a design aficionado/food-lover/culture vulture, or just basically an easy-going person without major hangups looking for a home-away-from-home with great personality, do drop us a request as we would love to have you! If all else fails, just be nice and I'm sure we'll love you anyway;))