Our charming, lovely colonial Shophouse on Petain Road in the hip Jalan Besar neighbourhood is the perfect place to rest and relax while exploring the exciting area of Little India as it is situated on a calm, and elegant residential street! ;)
Centrally-located to many awesome eateries, hawker centres, food streets & local bars/cafes, it is just a short 5min walk to Farrer Park MRT station:). City Square Mall and the infamous 24-hour Mustafa Shopping Centre are also within a 3-5min stroll.
Experience the eclectic charm of living in a refashioned and reloved colonial-era Shophouse! High lofty ceilings, large spacious rooms, 42 Petain Row is one of 7 iconic, beautifully-conserved Singaporean Shophouses - home to the bustling, vibrant Jalan Besar.
*** Please Note ***: This listing is *NOT* for the entire shophouse, but for our entire 2-storey Duplex Loft Maisonette - it occupies two whole private floor levels and is one of the 5 lofts with an en-suite bathroom that are offered within our Shophouse :).
Our spacious, 1,200 sq ft double-level Duplex Loft Maisonette is the largest of our apartments... Made up of 2 connecting floors (4th & 5th storey) at the top of our Shophouse, and perfectly-suited for larger families or groups of friends travelling together who like the idea of staying in the same living quarters but with their own separate spaces! This duplex was also designed to be self-contained, with flexible/multiple sleeping configurations based on your group's needs… ☺.
4th Floor Amenities:
- Kitchenette equipped with its own microwave oven, mini fridge for storing any food items or drinks, electric kettle, kitchen cutlery, plates & glassware for 7pax, sink, and a single induction cooker plate, and of course….amazing cookbooks by THE man himself - Ferran Adria! - for your greedy reading!
- A vintage, teak-wood Dining table to have lovely home-cooked meals from
- 40" Flat screen TV…with lo' and behold - Netflix!! (We've got you covered on the entertainment front with rainy days in..;))
- En-suite bathroom with a tub, mirror, and freshly laundered sets of towels + turbo hairdryer
- Gorgeous, antique Four-poster King bed with extremely soft bed linens, as well as a super comfortable hotel-grade mattress with memory foam topping
- Living lounge area with a beautiful original, French Chesterfield sofa made of soft, supple calf leather, and casual boho bean bags for loose seating arrangements;)
- TONS of space to store your clothes (and all that shopping…tsktsk!) with our built-in wardrobes
5th Floor Amenities:
- A large, comfortable Queen bed with soft pillows and clean, quality bed linens that can sleep 2 people
- Two Single beds that can 1) be kept separate, or 2) joined together to form a King bed (depending on individual guests' sleeping preferences)
- A second large casual living area for guests to hang out and relax over late-night conversations or planning of the next day's activities…;)
- Our awesome sofa can also be converted into a bed that sleeps 1 person (a pillow, and clean linens can also be prepared should you be traveling with an extra companion who uses this bed)
Please note that our Duplex Loft is located on the top floors of the Shophouse up a flight of stairs — do take your time with carrying your luggage up as there is no rush and the steps are largely spaced out with landing foyers in between :) Also, the steps between the 4th & 5th floors are a little small, so please do take extra care to watch your footing when going up or down them! :p
Accès des voyageurs
Your Duplex loft is completely private and comprises two floors with it's own en-suite bathroom, kitchenette, and the other basic necessities listed above.
There is also a Central Kitchen and Dining + Iron/Laundry area located on the ground floor of the Shophouse (this ground floor is shared), guests are allowed to use it as they please for light cooking/food prep; although your Duplex Loft is more than sufficient for cooking/dining within should you prefer to enjoy in complete privacy;)
Échanges avec les voyageurs
We are not staying in the Shophouse at the moment but all enquiries are welcome throughout and we'd be happy to help with suggestions on where to go and what to do (especially with our in-house food and drink aficionado!) to fully enjoy this locale and your holiday in Singapore:)!
You also have the option to self-check in or have either myself or someone else greet you upon arrival at the Shophouse, please do let us know which you would prefer. ;)
• DO kindly provide a brief description of all persons staying in the apartment/your purpose in Singapore when inquiring. This will help speed up our booking selection process. ;)
• DO read through the detailed information about our space on the listing before inquiring/making a booking request so that you are completely up-to-date on what to expect in our home before confirming:)!
• For long-term staying guests, we are also able to organize a lovely cleaner who stays next door to come over and clean your apartment at her usual hourly rate.
• DO note that apart from the standard items we sometimes stock in our central fridge such as butter, olive oil, and sauces - the rest of the food and drink items belong to our other staying guests and are therefore not for general consumption. :)
• As we are an Airbnb home not a hotel, we appreciate your common courtesy and understanding to tidy up after yourselves before you leave! :)
We love sharing our home with you all, and we hope that you will enjoy our humble abode as we strive to fine tune how to make your stay an even better one! :D
- Please make sure to include the **TOTAL Number of Guests** staying when enquiring or requesting, so that the Airbnb Occupancy rates shown to you are accurately reflected, because the current default setting is for a **Single-Occupancy rate**.
- Large Gatherings/Events/Photoshoots are NOT part of this booking usage if not priorly agreed upon. We reserve the right to cancel the reservation and evict if a guest is found to be using our home for non-residential purposes without prior agreement/if they have extra unaccounted-for guests in the house.
- We have a "Quiet House Rule" FROM 9PM TO 9AM in our house, so please kindly keep voice levels to a minimum when outside the apartments, in the common ground floor areas, or when you are coming/going up the staircase (sound can travel easily to other rooms even when you are talking in the stairwell due to our Shophouse acoustics so please be mindful of other guests esp. if you are Checking-in late or Checking-out early with roller luggages!). Failure to comply or any loud noise complaints received from other guests can result in the partial loss of one's Security deposit.
- Use of our Washer & Dryer is restricted to the hours of BETWEEN 11AM-7PM ONLY so as to not disturb other guests while they're resting:))
- Turn off ALL lights and the air-conditioning when you leave the house so as to save the earth (!)
- NO shoes in the house, please remove them when you enter our common waiting lobby area and you may use our indoor House slippers provided instead:)
- If you use the kitchen/have any trash, please clean up well after yourselves/place them in the large green bin right outside the house before you leave! :) We also allow ONLY light cooking in our kitchens, NO heavy/oily cooking please.
- Any FOOD STUFFS/SWEET drink items found to be LEFT OUT in the open in your loft with the potential to attract pests WILL result in an extra Airbnb Cleaning Fee deductible via the Security deposit. Please kindly store your food in the fridge provided, and tie up your trash so prevent the smell from attracting pests and ants from the outside in as the impact would be long-lasting even after you've checked out:). We take maintaining the cleanliness of our place very seriously and we hope you do too.
- Loss of any house key(s) will result in a replacement fee of $15/individual key.
- Be gentle with our lovely furniture and items as if it were your own so others may enjoy our home the same;)
- And lastly, please do not invite extra guests (not included priorly in our confirmed booking arrangement), as this apartment and shophouse is meant first and foremost for the use of our official, staying guests. :) Thank you!
Cet hôte a 448 commentaires pour d'autres propriétés.Voir d'autres commentaires
Hi there, I'm Shu! ☺
A self-professed food-lover and design-aholic;) I believe in living well, laughing often and loving much thus my ardent quest for great food and conversation has led me on all sorts of travels around the world. Likewise, an undying thirst for design and all things beautiful always has me trying to bring the world back to our own doorstep in Singapore;)!
As a guest, I appreciate the low-down and tips on unusual experiences and amazing food/drink joints that only locals know about;) I also make it a point to treat the homes I stay in with great care and respect, leaving everything as it was when I arrived - I believe the experience of staying in someone else's home is priceless and ought to be treated in kind☺
As a Host, I take great pride in keeping our Shophouse Enclave a truly unique and lovely experience for all our guests because what I love most about our home are the people we share it with!:)
So if you are a design aficionado/food-lover/culture vulture, or just basically an easy-going person without major hangups looking for a home-away-from-home with great personality, do drop us a request as we would love to have you! If all else fails, just be nice and I'm sure we'll love you anyway;))