Our house is situated in a beautiful, tranquil area with rolling hills near the village of Bardigues.
The garden has lots of privacy & is fenced. From the terraces & large swimming pool (6x11 m) you have a beautiful valley view!
The village of Auvillar, listed as one of the most beautiful villages in France is only 4 km away; there are bakery, minimarket, restaurants & post office.
Larger supermarkets, pharmacies & all other amenities can be found in the nearby town of Valence d’Agen (15 min).
Our house is situated in a beautiful, tranquil area with rolling hills & orchards near the village of Bardigues. It has a fenced garden of 5.000 sq. m., four spacious bedrooms, two bathrooms (one ensuite), a kitchen, a dining room and a living room.
The garden has lots of privacy and is completely fenced, making this house also very suitable for children and pets. There are also plum, persimmon, cherry & apple trees in the garden; our guests can help themselves to these fruits when they are in season. From the terraces and the swimming pool (6 x 11 meters), you have a beautiful valley view!
Our house is located in the ‘department’ of Tarn et Garonne:
By car 5 minutes highway checkpoint of Valence d'Agen
By train 15 minutes Valence d'Agen rail way station
By air 25 minutes Agen airport; 45 minutes Toulouse airport; 1 h 20 minutes Bordeaux airport
It is 20 minutes walking distance (almost 1.5 km) from the village of Bardigues, which has a renowned (French) restaurant with excellent wine list, Auberge de Bardigues.
The village of Auvillar, listed as one of the most beautiful villages in France is only 4 km away. Here you will find a bakery, small supermarket, several restaurants and the post office.
Larger supermarkets (Intermarché, Lidl), pharmacies and all other amenities can be found in the nearby town of Valence d’Agen (15 min. drive).
Attractions around Bardigues:
The ‘department’ Tarn et Garonne is a particular agricultural area with many fruit trees and orchards. The many small and quiet roads throughout the hilly area are ideal for cycling and walking.
* Auvillar (4 km, 5 min): at a short distance lies the beautiful village of Auvillar (1,000 inhabitants) on the river Garonne, which is listed as one of the most beautiful villages in France.
* Espalais (5 km, 5 min): just slightly behind Auvillar is Espalais, which has a 9 hole golf course.
* Valence d’Agen (12 km, 15 min): a little bit further is Valence d’Agen (5,000 inhabitants); it has a railway station, a center with all amenities and some larger supermarkets.
* St. Nicolas de la Grave (15 km, 15 min): watersports is available at St. Nicolas de la Grave, about 15 minutes’ drive from Bardigues. In this large lake the rivers Tarn and Garonne merge.
* Moissac (23 km, 20 min) with 13,000 inhabitants is lying on the river Tarn and a stage of the pilgrimage route to Santiago de Compostela. Moissac is a well known wine area between the hills and beautiful buildings, such as the Abbey of Saint-Pierre (Unesco).
Walking: from Moissac the hike Les Coteaux the Boudou starts. This is a walk of 16 km through vineyards and orchards, which partially follows the road from Le Puy (GR65).
Cycling: Voie Verte du Canal des Deux Mers. This is a trip along the beautiful ‘green road’ which crosses the entire department of Tarn-et-Garonne, starting in Moissac.
* Agen (35 km, 30 min) has 35,000 inhabitants and is the nearest regional center. Nearby Agen is the popular family theme park Agen Walibi.
* Montech (35 km, 35 min): the forest of Montech has two beautiful trails in the trees, which are accessible to everyone from 3 years.
* Cahors (75 km, 1 h 15 min): lying on the River Lot, is a famous wine region (Malbec grapes).
* Lauzerte (38 km, 40 min): when you drive through the beautiful regional roads from Bardigues to Cahors, you will come across the fortified town Lauzerte. It is on the list of most beautiful villages of France. The village is the heart of the AOC Chasselas de Moissac (since 2003) and the production of melons of Quercy. In addition, the region is known for its orchards, sunflowers, corn and lavender.
* Toulouse (91 km, 50 min): a lively, cozy and historic city.
* Albi (160 km, 1 h 20 min): a Unesco World Heritage site, Albi is a unique ensemble with lots of historical buildings.
* Bordeaux (167 km, 1 h 30 min): the most famous wine area of France.
* Rocamadour (173 km, 1 h 50 min): overlooking the Alzou canyon, the medieval village of Rocamadour is a marvellous balancing act. It was also the much-venerated sanctuary of the Black Virgin. The drive to Rocamadour takes about two hours, but this is a day trip very easily combined with visits to Lauzerte and Cahors.
* Carcassonne (184 km, 1 h 40 min): a medieval fortress and a Uncesco World Heritage site.
When you continue your holiday from Bardigues …
oTo Andorra (Pas de la Casa) 2 h 45 min
oTo Figueres (Dali Museum Spain) 3 h 00 min
oTo the Spanish border 2 h 45 min
oTo Barcelona 4 h 15 min
oTo Biarritz 3 h 00 min
oTo the Atlantic Ocean, 2 h 30 min
oTo the Mediterranean (Narbonne) 2 h 00 min
oTo the Pyrenees (Bagneres-de-Luchon) 2 h 15 min
oTo Perpignan 2 h 30 min
oTo Languedoc (Serviers-et-la Baume) 3 h 45 min
oTo the Cote d’Azur (Cannes) 5 h 15 min
oTo Italy (San Remo) 6 h 00 min
Accès des voyageurs
Guests have access to the whole house and garden. We kindly ask guests to treat our house and garden with respect.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
We are always contactable by mobile phone and e-mail. For emergencies, related to the house, we do have a local contact person available to help.
There is a guest information booklet available in the house. Details can be found there.
Usage of the swimming pool is at your own risk. Children are not allowed in the pool area without supervision of adults / parents. Pets are not allowed to swim in the pool.