You drive down a lovely leafy country road then up a hill to get to my place: Angram House, Number 19. You’ll love the clean modern rooms, the free generous breakfast, the peaceful friendly ambience, superb sunset views from the gorgeous wrap-around verandah, the private dining rotunda for eight, the half-acre of fragrant hedges, trees and shrubs, the vegetable gardens, the wild birds and wallabies. Good for groups (sleeping eight in four rooms), families, sports teams or business people.
This is a modern six-year-old high-set mansion with a lovely garden and a splendid verandah. It's fantastic for memorable group meals in the private rotunda, unless the odd storm or August westerlies are blowing. The bedrooms are spacious, comfortable, clean and beautiful - all with quiet garden views. The place is completely private and surrounded by tall red gum trees. The garden features fragrant shrubs: banks of prostrate star jasmine, hedges of muraya (mock orange) and swathes of gardenia. Young jacaranda, poinciana, magnolia, liquid amber and frangipani trees add even more grace and fragrance.
The Logan Motorway is visible in the distance through the trees, so there is some minimal traffic noise which might be noticeable on the verandah by those coming from the bush/country. We prefer to think of this place as an oasis of natural beauty, pulsing with birdsong, hidden in the middle of a vibrant city.
Accès des voyageurs
* Please note: we cannot allow guests to use our kitchen for their own cooking.
* You may have your own key and private front door entry.
* Three luxury guest bedrooms upstairs with your own lounge and bathroom.
* A large rumpus room downstairs called The Den, sharing a double bed, a single bed, a private garden deck, laundry and a toilet.
* Guests can access the whole house, except the main ensuite bedroom, where the owner lives.
* A half acre of landscaped terraced gardens, with two rock walls, two outdoor swinging meditation seats and three small vegetable gardens, on different levels of a sloping block, plus three hens and two bantams in their "Cluckingham Palace".
Échanges avec les voyageurs
* We enjoy taking new guests for a guided tour of the house and facilities.
* We love to talk with visitors if they have questions or show interest.
* We're happy to make suggestions for your explorations or entertainment.
* We don't offer self-catering facilities.
* Clothes washer and dryer available - also plenty of internal and external clothes lines.
* Lovely walk or run along beautiful Murrays Road [see photo] still sloughing off the last remnants of the mud from the 3 metre flood in April 2017 - enjoy spotting the native birds, lizards, wild ducks, scrub turkeys and wallabies.
* No public transport closer than a 20-30 mins walk from the house.
* You need a car to be here, and parking is free, safe, secure and plentiful.
* You could see wallabies, scrub turkeys, a possum or rarely, a koala.
* You will hear many birds, including kookaburras, greet the dawn every morning and chatter happily about their day at sunset.
* Mobile phone reception is excellent and there is unlimited Wifi access.
* We love our new grandfather clock, with Westminster/Big Ben chimes every quarter hour, ceasing during the night from 10pm to 7am.
* Sports teams may sleep on the floor of the rumpus room, while their parents, coaches or teachers enjoy the beautiful rooms upstairs.
* Catered breakfast is INCLUDED! You may choose to eat out at night or prearrange to share our healthy dinners [usually Jamie Oliver] ($20pp covers costs). Happy to cater for vegetarians, vegans or gluten free.
* Netflix and Apple TV are available on a big screen in the TV lounge for your entertainment.
Please treat everything and everyone here with awareness, care and respect. Sorry, no children - the high verandah would send my hair white. Water is relatively scarce, and electricity is expensive in Queensland, so it is greatly appreciated if you aim to keep your showers to a maximum of 4 mins, and turn off lights, heaters and fans when you leave rooms. Appreciate no hard heels or suitcase wheels scuffing the polished Sydney Blue Gum floor.
Cet hôte a 35 commentaires pour d'autres propriétés.Voir d'autres commentaires