Classic but modernized waterfront cottage on a chain of lakes. Spacious living areas are furnished for comfort. The level outdoor space - with BBQs, decks, docks suitable for motorized boat, fire pit, screened gazebo and waterfront with a gradual slope ideal for bathing -will ensure an enjoyable stay. There are no shared areas. The house, docks, grounds and waterfront are solely for your use. Kayak and paddle boat provided. Canoe and fishing boat with motor available for rent.
- This is a roomy, four bedroom cottage. One bedroom is converted to a sitting and reading room but still has a futon bed. It has two nice sized living areas with exceptional views. There is one bathroom, a kitchen and a dining area. The fully screened and wired gazebo is an excellent space for outdoor dining or an evening drink. The cottage is very well equipped with everything you may need for your stay.
- The lot is large and level with grassed area for recreation and a private beach. The dock is perfect for sitting by the water or mooring your boat. An additional floating dock adds to the fun. Outdoor recreation equipment is on site and available.
- Excellent views all around and very private but still close to Kearney. It's a short drive to Huntsville and Burks Falls if you need access to more shopping and restaurants than the "biggest little town" of Kearney offers. Also near the entrance to Algonquin Park with a Park Office in Kearney.
Accès des voyageurs
- The garage is for storage of equipment used to maintain the property. We can accommodate parking or recreational equipment storage with advance notice.
- The basement is not finished. It is really just a tall crawl space. It should not to be entered unless there is an emergency. Under no circumstances should children be allowed to play in this area.
- The linen closet in the house is off limits to guests as we store extra linens and towels here.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
- My wife Joanne and I will be nearby. If you have any unexpected problems or questions they will be quickly addressed.
- We will provide as much or as little contact as you desire. We are usually on the lake daily and not opposed to taking guests for a ski or the kids tubing.
- While biting insects are at a minimum after mid June, you may want to take preventive measures such as by wearing a bug shirt, long, loose clothing and/or insect repellent particularly at dawn and dusk.
- Some classic games and novels are provided for your enjoyment including some outdoor games. There is also local info in the magazine rack.
- The cottage lifestyle suits casual clothes, particularly around the campfire where sparks will often burn small holes. Also, please take reasonable precautions to leave the outdoors - outdoors.
- The cottage is decorated in "cottage chic" with antiqued mirrors, antique dressers, handcrafted wood furniture, local art, leather couches, and white-washed walls. Sofa covers are available if you think you need them.
- The mattresses are high quality offering very good support with quality mattress covers, duvets, and pillows. Linen service is available.
- There is a dog tie out stake and cable on the shelves above the washing machine if your dog wanders.
- There is a family of loons that makes its home in the crown land next to our property and can be heard and seen throughout the day particularly during quiet times such as early morning.
- The property has a large population of humming birds, finches, chickadees, nut hatches and other birds in the summer. They are quite enjoyable entertainment. Feel free to refill the feeders.
- We are visited by a pair of beautiful, wild turkeys often and regularly in the Fall. We also enjoy Fall colours.
- The public boat ramp is located just past our cottage off Hwy 518 on the right. Unrelated to this, the outhouse is fully functioning and usable.
- There are approximately three miles of private, maintained walking trails available across from our driveway/road, in an undeveloped tract of property courtesy of our neighbors.
- This cottage is not suitable for loud parties. Noise and voices really carry over the water. Quiet hours are from 10 pm.
- A permit from the town of Kearney is required for fireworks. Watch for fire bans and observe the fire information on the sign on Hwy 518.
- PLEASE READ:
- A selection of water safety gear and water craft are provided. Please take appropriate measures to ensure these items are properly used and secured, and cleaned/wiped down after use.
-We have a canoe and small power boat which can be rented for a reasonable fee.
- The hammock is relaxing. It is not designed for or safe to be used as a jungle gym for children. Misuse may result in serious injury.
- Please be mindful of water usage in the house. The plumbing is modern but still on a well and septic system.
-The use of bottled drinking water or water from the community centre in Kearney is recommended.
- The air conditioner is not a central unit but a portable one capable of keeping the central area cool on hot days .
- Avoid parking or driving on the seeded areas.
- No ATV riding on the property or on Beaver Lake Lane except to transit to the highway or to ATV trails.
- Towels and linens are provided on request. Please bring your own, 2x queen beds, 1x double, 2x singles. --Linens and towels can be provided at nominal additional cost ($5 per person per stay). Blankets, linens and towels are for indoor use only; outdoor towels and blankets not provided.
- There is a television and DVD player. Satellite television and WiFi service provided. Guests are responsible to use the internet in a manner compliant with applicable laws and will bear the cost of accessing any pay for view services.
- Bins will be provided for separating trash into biodegradable, plastic, paper, and waste; recycling in clear bags is required. We will take all the recyclables and trash to the dump.
- Be mindful of the wildlife. Any food trash left outside or recyclables not rinsed may result in unwanted interactions with the local inhabitants.
- Any changes in the number of over night guests from original booking must be approved by the host.
- The wood burning stove is for heat and ambiance. While it is fully in compliance with all current codes misuse can result in injury. It cannot be used for cooking or a clothes dryer.
- Do NOT put anything at anytime on the top of the wood burning stove. It's been tried before and didn't end well.
- We will provide a bundle of wood for the stove or a campfire. Additional wood can be purchased or brought by you. You are also more than welcome to retrieve cut deadwood from the bush.
- The kitchen is fully equipped with everything you may need: Pots, pans, cutlery, dishes, K-cup machine, drip coffee maker, toaster, basic spices and essentials and much more. Please make use of these items but leave them in good shape for future guests.
- The oven tends to run hot.
- We love pets and do allow them as guests. Be a responsible owner and help us continue our pet friendly policy by ensuring your animals leave no evidence of their visit. Any damage caused by pets will not be considered fair wear and tear.
- NO smoking in the cottage and pick up your butts outside please.
- There is an "emergency bin" with candles, holders, and a lighter above the washing machine for if/when the power goes out. It's romantic?!
- OOPS! Things happen. Just let us know so we can make repairs.
- Sorry, this is not a party cottage; refrain from cursing, loud music, noises and use of fireworks between 10 pm and 9 am. Respect nature, the quiet, and the neighbors, please.
- Do NOT leave the campfire unattended at any time and ensure the fire is out at bedtime. Be CAREFUL with fire and check the local fire conditions. Campfire bans may be in effect during periods of extreme fire conditions.
- Thank you much for your attention and visit. It's much appreciated.
Happily retired and love to travel.