LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!! My apt is in the heart of Old City within steps of all the historical sites and with easy access to public transportation. It is close to some of the city's best restaurants, bars, and shops, and its historic charm (with all the modern comforts, of course) make it the perfect place from which you can explore all that Philly has to offer. It is also a short walk or quick subway ride from the Convention Center making it a great option for business travelers as well.
My condo is in the heart of Old City within steps of all the historical sites (Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Constitution Center, Betsy Ross House, Elfreth's Alley, etc) with easy access to public transportation and the Convention Center. I have lived in Philadelphia for over 10 years and Old City remains one of my favorite neighborhoods in the city. In addition to all of the historic sites, some of the city's best restaurants, coffee shops, clothing boutiques, and art galleries are all within steps of this apartment. And while this apartment is close to the nightlife in this neighborhood, it is far enough away to escape the noise on busy weekends. This location has a Walk Score of 100 out of 100:)
The condo is a 700 sq foot loft-style apartment with oversized windows and soaring ceilings in an old hoopskirt factory (you know, the kind of skirts the ladies used to wear in the late 1800s) that has the original wood floors and beams and an exposed brick wall. The interior, however, was fully gutted and renovated 8 years ago, so it offers the historic charm that is associated with that area of the city as well as the modern comforts (ie. washer/dryer, dishwasher, central heat and air, flat screen TV with Roku, and wifi).
There is an elevator up to this 5th floor condo, but there is a narrow, spiral staircase inside the apartment which is used to access the open-style bedroom (which means there is no door) and bathroom. Thus, this apartment is not recommended for people with mobility issues or small children. I have listed that this space could accommodate 3, and thats by using the extra wide, extra comfy sofa as a twin sized bed (linens provided).
Accès des voyageurs
The entire condo.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
I love my city and love sharing its hidden gems with visitors. So, I am available by phone, text, and email to share information, tips, and advice that can make your trip more enjoyable and memorable.
This is a historical building, so there are a couple quirks, which add to its charm of course:) The ceiling of the apartment is 14 ft high, but in the loft/bedroom area (which is over the kitchen) the ceiling is only a little over 6 ft high and there are two 12 in wooden support beams running through the loft. So, the ceiling height under these 2 wooden beams is only about 5'1". I am 5'4" and have to tilt my head slightly to walk under the beams. My husband is 6'3" and obviously has to duck his head while walking under the beams, but can stand normally otherwise when in the loft. So- use caution when in the bedroom area and DON'T HIT YOUR HEAD!
**Here are the things that are REALLY important when staying in my loft, so please read them and be respectful of them so I can continue to be a great host for you and other AirBnBers:)**
* DO NOT put anything besides toilet paper (ie- no paper towels, no trash, no wipes, no tampons, no condoms, etc) into the toilet. This is a very old building with precarious plumbing… and you only have one bathroom in the place, so let’s make sure it doesn’t stop working:) (For the record, we've never had a problem yet, but I sure don't want you to be the first one to!!)
* NO ENTERTAINING: I am perfectly happy having people pop by to pick you up, but I would prefer that you not use our loft to entertain them. I am more than happy though to help you find other places to spend time with your family and friends (and I have lots of good suggestions!!).
* NO SMOKING: There is no smoking of any kind in the loft. If you need to smoke, you need to go outside.
* QUIET HOURS ARE 10PM-7AM: Be mindful of your noise level. This is a really cool old building, but the walls aren’t too thick, so your neighbors can probably hear more than you think they can;)
* NO CHILDREN UNDER 7 - The open, narrow spiral staircase and loft space with open railings make this apartment not young-kid-friendly.
* ASK IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR ISSUE: I'm almost always available by text or phone and also live about a mile away, so just ask if you need something or want to know something. I appreciate the opportunity to make things more comfortable for you:)
**Whew! Let's do something more fun now. :)