Our apartment is a large Victorian double upper in the UNESCO world heritage site, with a quiet and spacious bedroom overlooking private gardens. We are only 5 mins walk from Princes Street, the Usher Hall and Traverse Theatre and, in August, the Edinburgh Festivals. We are a stone's throw from the Modern Art Galleries (National Galleries) and Stockbridge's boutique restaurants, bars and retailers. There are bus & tram stops nearby and Haymarket Station is only 15 mins walk.
We are a 5 minute walk from the west end of Princes Street. The nearest bus stop (Dean Bridge) is about 50m away with buses to and from the east end of Princes Street. The nearest tram stop is 'West End Princes St'. From this tram stop it's a 10 min walk, or you can get a bus from Queensferry St (2 stops). Trains: we are slightly closer to Haymarket Station than Waverley Station - you can walk from Haymarket in 15 mins, or jump in a taxi and you'll be with us in 5 minutes.
- We have a cat and a youngster.
- This is a working family home with the usual start & finish times that school and work involve, so we would ask guests to be quiet if they come in late.
- We offer guests breakfast (cereals, porridge, fruit, bread/toast, fruit juice, tea/coffee) in our family kitchen/dining room, and tea/coffee making facilities are in the bedroom.
- On street parking is available free of charge from 5.30pm on Fri through to 8.30am Mon, and overnight from 5.30pm to 8.30am during the week.
- There are two flights of stairs up to the apartment and another internal flight of stairs up to the bedroom. No lift.