Our flat is located in the historic suburb of Chalepa 25 minutes walk from Chania historic centre. The north facing veranda provides an amazing view of the horizon as well as cool breezes throughout the summer. You can enjoy the greater area of Chania with Chalepa as your base. Easy access to and from the airport.
• Smoking is allowed only at the balcony
• We recycle paper plastic and glass, and the recycle bin is in the west veranda just outside the kitchen
• The water is drinkable, if you want filtered water you can use the Brita filter carafe. Just make sure there is always enough water inside to cover the filter.
• Please do not use the BBQ, it is out of order
• If you want to use the dish washing machine, there are tablets in the cupboard under the kitchen sink to your right, behind the garbage can
• If you want to use the cloth washing machine, there are detergents and softeners in the cupboard above the machine. There is a dryer in the bathroom, but you can also use the cloth hanging equipment in the veranda outside the main bedroom.
• The wifi network name is MMAK and the password is dimitris2007 (small letters, no gaps)
• Hot water is provided by solar heating, so you don’t really have to do anything for hot water. In case you need more hot water, then you have to lift the lever marked “thermo” in the electrical board found on your left, as you head towards the bedrooms, in the beginning of the corridor. After about 15 minutes you have hot water.
• Do not throw paper in the toilet because the tubes are small and things get stuck inside them !
• For coffee there is a pot for filter coffee, and for espresso you can use the espresso machine, just take care that there is always water in the tank. Also please take care not to lose the small black plastic valve in the bottom of the handler under the perforated pot where you put the coffee. It gets easily lost when cleaning it.
• The house is perfect for the summer, you will see that the north facing veranda is always cool except a few hours in the afternoon. If you leave the house, in order to find it cool when you come back close the “volets” of the west window and balcony (outside of kitchen) and the volets of the north veranda door, and leave the glazing open.
• At night do the same thing and do not leave any doors or windows completely open because mosquitoes and other insects from the trees outsite might pay a visit.
For the beach, If you have a car, we definitely recommend Falassarna beach (1,0 hrs) and Elafonissi beach (1,5hrs). For shorter trips, there is Marathi beach (20 mins) and Stavros beach (20 mins)