Our cabin is about five miles outside Talkeetna and is an authentic Alaska experience with comfort!
You'll love this cabin because of the wooded setting and the private, quiet "get away from it all" location. Our place is good for couples, solo adventurers or anyone looking for a place to relax and decompress. Important: We are 150 miles by vehicle to Denali Park if you are planning on going to the park.
Come on in and get cozy in our "Tiny House" Burl Cabin! That's what many of our guests have called it. They tell us how cozy, private and peaceful it is. The hot tub is now available for the winter season.
Important note: THIS IS A DRY CABIN. There is NO SHOWER in the cabin. Happily, there is a toilet inside the cabin. We supply fresh water in a dispenser and bottled water.
The Alaska-themed rug and locally-made wood details (side tables by the couch and in the loft) are practical and beautiful. The artwork in the cabin by Alaskan and Northwest artists give the cabin a unique! (or quirky!) touch.
There is no internet or TV in the cabin. (You came to unwind and relax, right?) If you need internet access, the library is just about 2.5 miles down the road towards Talkeetna. Most of the businesses in town also have wifi. There is an ATT cell tower about a mile away. There is an awesome Mustang styled radio. (Not many stations here though! You can get Talkeetna's station KTNA.)
The cabin has a cool retro mini refrigerator and matching microwave, a Keurig coffee maker, coffee, tea and sugar, stevia and creamer. There is a water dispenser that we fill with our clear, cold well water just prior to your visit. Take a look in the little bear on top of the microwave. Not a full kitchen so we hope you will enjoy some of Talkeetna's quirky, but good restaurants and roadhouses.
The Queen size bed in the loft has a memory foam mattress and a heated mattress pad to keep you cozy, comfortable and warm on cold nights. The futon on the ground level folds into a bed if you need extra sleeping space.
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A DRY CABIN. That means no running water and NO SHOWER in the cabin. Talkeetna Roadhouse offers showers for $5 (your towel), $6 their towel.
The cabin has an inside (composting) toilet. It's very similar to a regular toilet, but no wasted water. It is clean, no smell, and no outhouse!
Follow us on (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) for updates and to see what's new.
Accès des voyageurs
Guest space is the cabin and parking area in front of the cabin.
-The hot tub is ONLY available during the winter months, generally October through April. If the hot tub is a priority for you, please ask before booking.
-You must sign a liability release prior to use.
- It is available for guest use from 7 pm to 9 pm and only if we are home. (We are usually home.)
-The hot tub is next to our house, about 150 feet from the cabin.
-We provide towels, you provide swimsuit.
-When it gets warm and bugs come out, we drain it for summer.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
We are almost always here. If you have any questions or problems, please call or text. (If you see us outside, you can holler!)
If you'd like to meet the horses or dogs, let us know. They are always glad to meet new friends.
Please be safe. We live in moose and bear country. Really. When you are here, be aware of your surroundings. When coming and going, take a look around and make sure no moose or bear are hanging out near the cabin. If they are there, stay in the cabin and wait. Eventually, they'll leave.
We have three dogs, three cats and two horses. Please drive slowly when you are here. The dogs tend to be very vocal when visitors arrive. They are friendly, but we will make sure they don't bother you.
The horses are curious and cute, but please no petting. For your safety, stay out of the horse field.
We live here in the log cabin. We garden, sew, make soap, go fishing and always have projects going on.
- This is a quiet neighborhood. Please respect our neighbors and observe quiet time after 10 pm.
- No Pets.
- Check in time 3 pm - 12 am midnight
-Check out time is 11 am.
- YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SAFELY CLIMB A LADDER to access the bed in the spacious, stand-up loft. If you are unable to safely climb the ladder, there is a futon on the ground level that folds out into a bed. We also have an air mattress available if needed.
- No smoking in the cabin. Our cabin is in an old growth forest, so for safety and to prevent a forest fire, if you do smoke, please stay in the gravel parking area in front of the cabin. Please place the finished cigarettes in the supplied container.
- No cooking on premises. Please enjoy some Talkeetna's great inns and restaurants. We can give you suggestions!
If your stay is 2 nights or more, we come in daily to re-supply and check the toilet.
- Check out time 11 am. Please leave the key on the counter near the water dispenser and lock the door when you leave.
- 5% bed tax is included in booking price.
- Additional guests are welcome up to a maximum of four people staying with prior approval. Additional fee: $20 per night per person
- NO CLEANING OF FISH ON PROPERTY. This is for your safety and ours. We live in bear country!
I, and Curt, are semi-retired RN's. We love living in this quiet place where we live. We tend our animals, garden, fish, do a little traveling and visit our kids and grandchildren as much as possible. I (Karen) also sew, quilt, and make soap and other luscious body products.
We love unique places with a touch of luxury. We love simple, great food. When we travel, we want a place that is clean and with a few luxury touches such as great sheets, unique furnishings and good food. Oh, and coffee, must have excellent coffee.
This is what we strive to provide in our cabin. It is simple, but it's comfortable, there is original artwork in the cabin, it has an over-the-top cute retro fridge and microwave, and is peaceful. I would even say Zen-like. :*) It's a place to read, listen to music or sit on the deck and listen to birds.