Our 2 bedroom cottage is custom built and PERFECT for a romantic get-away or family vacation. With a stunning ocean view, it's a 10-15 minute walk to the beach, and a short bike ride to town. If you are a nature lover, this place is perfect as it is nestled in a tranquil cacao forest. You will wake up to sounds of wild parrots and howler monkeys. You will go to sleep to the sounds of the ocean and our nocturnal friends, and occasional fruit falling on the roof.
Our home sits on an ocean view mountain top on the Caribbean side of Costa Rica, near Playa Cocles. We are located 300 meters from the beach on a working cacao farm.
Accès des voyageurs
You must have a 4WD car or be able to climb a moderate slope for certain parts of our road. Our guests are welcome to walk the grounds of our private road to a private waterfall. We just ask that you respect our neighbors who are trying to do the same. We do conduct chocolate tours during certain times of the day, so we ask that you be mindful of the short time that the tour is next door.
Because we are a vacation rental home and not a hotel, there are no permanent residents on the property and as such it is of vital importance that you coordinate your check in several days before your arrival. The property manager will organize her day to make sure to be at the property at a time that is convenient for you. and for this to happen, there must be plenty of communication well ahead of time.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
We have a wonderful property manager who has a wealth of information and solutions for any needs you may have.
It becomes very dark after 6:00 pm therefore having a flashlight is highly recommended for evening walks.
For our beach lovers: snorkel, mask, fins and two body boards are available for a small fee. (Much cheaper than the daily rental in town)
- No unannounced overnight guest are allowed.
- If you are expecting another guest, 24 hour notice is required and an additional fee may apply.
- We kindly ask you to respect the quiet hours between 10:00pm and 6:00am. (Please note there is a late check in/out fee)
- Please don’t wear shoes inside of house
- Keep in mind, in the jungle, ants and insects are not far away, so please keep kitchen surfaces clean unless you want to share your food with them.
- On the day of check-out, we kindly ask that you rinse the used dishes before you leave.
- Like everywhere in Costa Rica, toilet paper and sanitary products must be discarded in the bin and not flushed down the toilet.
-A flashlight is a necessity if you are returning to the property on foot at night.
À partir du 1 décembre 2017 - 28 février 2018, la durée minimum de séjour est de 2 nuits.
Seer was first introduced to Puerto Viejo, 22 years ago and lived here for 2.5 years. (Although in his heart, he never left). He is now considered a local. Michelle has been coming here for 9 years and enjoys the serenity and slower pace of living. It has been a lifelong dream of theirs to have a home in Costa Rica. The plan is to retire here when they are older but until then, they are excited to share their home with you. The design of the home is truly unique. They made sure to include the true Costa Rican style living experience, infused with modern upgrades to make sure that everyone is comfortable here.