We live in a lovely village, with farmland all around, and views to the Pentland and Moorfoot Hills in the distance. The Scottish landscape painter, Sir William Gillies lived here. There is a ruined church to visit, and just a mile away is Arniston House. We are ideally located, close to Edinburgh, and The Borders. Our home is on a recognised cycling route, and there are a number of walks, straight form the door, including a circular Village walk of approximately one and a half miles.
The road is quiet, and the house is quite private, (the last in the village) not overlooked at all. If it's warm enough, you can have breakfast outside ! We also have a small caravan in the back garden (good for a gin and tonic!), where you can sit and watch the sheep go by. Please note there is space for you to park your car in the front driveway.
Accès des voyageurs
You will have your own bathroom, with a bath and separate shower, opposite the bedroom, on the ground floor, also a dining and sitting area to yourselves, in my attic studio, just one flight up. There is a sink, and kettle for your use, with coffee and tea, maybe even some homemade biscuits too! Feel free to bring in a carry out or picnic.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
I look forward to meeting you. I'll serve you breakfast - juice, fruit, cereal, eggs (cooked any way you want), and artisan or homemade bread, marmalade and jams. I can give you advice and recommendations on places to visit, and also cafes and restaurants.
We are a very quiet village. The nearest shops, pubs and restaurants are 2 to 3 miles away, and the nearest recommended restaurant (The Sun Inn), 6 miles.
I can provide a simple meal for your first night, if you let me know in advance.
- Parking available on property.
- WiFi is available but please note this is a rural area and you may have to slow down your pace!
- Access to the sitting area is via a staircase and may not be suitable for disabled people. The bedroom and bathroom are both on the ground floor.
- The nearest public transport ,Bus and (The New Borders) Railway is approximately 2miles away. We may be able to arrange transport to these points.
- Coffee and Tea making facilities are provided in your sitting/dining area which is in my attic studio.
- We'll have lots of information, books , maps, and leaflets and are more than happy to advise you on places to visit and eat.
- Edinburgh is approximately 13 miles away. The X95 bus takes about 40 minutes. By car it takes around 30 minutes and the train from Gorebridge station will get you to Edinburgh Waverley even quicker.
- A continental type breakfast will be set in the dining area and my husband, Graham, has offered to cook eggs any way you want!
I work part time, taking tours of Art Galleries and Museums in Edinburgh. I also run Tapestry Weaving Workshops from my attic studio at home. I am hoping some of my students might also do Airbnb! We live in a wee village south of Edinburgh, and enjoy pottering around the house and garden, walking and cycling in the lovely countryside at our doorstep, and taking trips into Edinburgh for art, theatre, music, and lots more! We love Airbnb, and have travelled throughout Europe, The USA, Ireland and the UK, meeting lots of fantastic people!