You’ll love my son's old room because of its familial coziness, comfy bed, quiet, brownstone building and neighborhood, and the subway/bus connections. It's great for couples, solo adventurers, and business travelers.
It's within walking distance to Central Park, Morningside Park, Columbia University, St. John the Divine, The Apollo, even City College; there are nice cafes and many restaurants, a supermarket, 24/7 corner deli, major A/B/C/D/1 trains, and several useful buses.
This is my son's old room that I'm offering as a guest room. I dreamed of turning it into an office--hopefully one day!
Accès des voyageurs
Guests travel through the (privately occupied) duplex (must be able to traverse and carry luggage up two flights of stairs, plus a stoop outside the building). The main bath next to your room is shared for bathing, but I will make every effort to give you priority and privacy!
Échanges avec les voyageurs
I live in the home full-time and will often be around if you need directions or advice, or have any questions about New York, etc. I'm happy to interact or afford you your privacy.
I have two cats who share the space and are used to a lot of leeway, though I will try to keep them out of your room! (Keeping the door closed helps with that). I don't smoke and won't host any soirees while you're sharing the space to give you as much quiet and solitude as you desire.
- The main (and only full) bathroom is shared for showering but I will make every effort to give you priority and privacy, it is next to your room.
- Just to note, the rest of the house (other than your room & bathroom above) is privately occupied except for one's necessary passing through
- For the allergic: My two cats share the house, though I will try to keep them out of your room!
- No visitors allowed who are not registered with the booking guest (e.g., local friends, hookups), though there are some great bars and cafes nearby to socialize. One traveling companion/significant other is fine, of course.
- You will have your own set of keys that must be returned by the end of your stay and not shared, so you are free to come and go as you wish; your room will have an interior lock for when you are present (no key) and will not be entered unless there is a legitimate emergency (fire, etc.). Trash can be emptied in the kitchen or left outside your door and I'll dispose of it for you.
More than four decades and still going strong in New York City! Love art, literature, movies, creativity, animals.