Are Renga Retreat is a private, quiet retreat in paradise. We are a 2 minute walk from the beach. You can enjoy beach walks, laze around the pool, relax in our covered outdoor area or sunbath on our private deck. Nearby are a number of restaurants and places to enjoy a cocktail or dinner. Our cabana on the beach is a special place to watch magnificent sunsets or see the whales cruise by, after a busy day of sightseeing, snorkelling or shopping. Bus access is available at the gate every hour.
Staying with us you will have access to our home. Bedroom 1 has a queen size bed and bedroom 2 has a super king bed that can be split into 2 king single beds. Your bathroom has shower, toilet and hand basin, (hair dryer, heating hair straightener & dressing gowns are provided), there is a separate laundry, toilet and change area near the pool. We have a large outdoor deck area with living, dining and BBQ area. The pool, garden & deck area is a fabulous place to sunbath, swim and unwind. Kevin and I can prepare meals with prior notice and this is additional to the room rate. We have a safe for you to store your valuables and we will provide you with access to our security system. Our place is fully fenced so is very secure. We are both tidy and clean living and we will expect guests to be the same, we will appreciate guests respecting our home. My husband has a coffee machine that only he uses however he is a great Barista and there is nothing like a good espresso first thing in the morning down on the beach. Magic our friendly dog lives with us and she is very people friendly.
Accès des voyageurs
All parts of our home except our personal bedroom and bathroom. Guests will be welcome to order breakfast or dinner the day prior or if they want to prepare own food our expectations are that all cleaning up is done by the guests so kitchen and BBQ is left clean and tidy. We have a BBQ with oven out on the covered deck area and an oven, microwave and hob top inside. We have ample fridge space and a small amount of freezer space is available.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
Kevin and I are available to pick you up and drop you off to the airport for a fee and because we live here we can provide you with all sorts of information about the island. At times we can offer our small car for hire, we also have snorkelling gear and golf gear available for a small fee and can provide you with information on various tourist attractions, things to do and dining options. We have an exercise bike here at the house and guests are welcome to use this.
Note: The current location map is incorrect - for the correct location check out Are Renga Studio - we are right next to them (We are trying to change the map but it will not allow us to do this)
Please note that both of our bedrooms are upstairs and we do not have access for wheelchair to these bedrooms.
- Continental or cooked breakfast can be supplied as extra
- Two scooters are available to hire from us
- Two sets of golf clubs (mens & womans) are available for hire
- Guests are provided with beach towels and mats
- Dinner or lunch can be provided for additional cost
- We can arrange tours, island nights, fishing charters, restaurant bookings etc
- Snorkeling gear (goggles, snorkel and fins) are available at a small cost
- No glassware is to be taken into the swimming pool
- We ask that guests rinse off shoes, snorkeling gear, feet and legs at our outdoor shower before coming inside or into the pool after being at the beach
- We suggest all guests bring insect repellant
- Smoking is allowed in the outside area - please use ashtray provided and be aware of others when smoking
- If guests use kitchen, BBQ or laundry it is expected that they are left tidy and clean
- Prices: $120 per bedroom. Bedroom 1 has Queen size bed, Bedroom 2 has King size bed that can be split into 2* King single beds
- Our home is clean & tidy - we have an expectation that guests will respect this so we can continue to share our home with like minded people
- Transfers: pick-up and drop off from or to the airport is available @$12 per person one way. If there are four people a maximum of $30 one way will apply
Kev and I are originally from New Zealand. We have lived in the Cook Islands since 2009 and for the past 7 years we owned and operated a restaurant here in Arorangi. We are both in our 50's and love living here in paradise. We have a lovely home here in the village and want to share this with travellers who come to Rarotonga to enjoy what the island has to offer and who would prefer to stay in a private home. Kev and I are very social and relate well with all kinds of people, we know the island and have experienced most of the tourist attractions and visited many of the resorts and restaurants. We do have a very well behaved dog (Magic) who you will meet when staying with us.