Spacious custom log home tucked away on a very remote lake, deep into the woods. This log cabin offers 3 bedrooms, including a 2nd story loft with sleeping for 6...two full baths…2nd story deck, great for barbecuing or just relaxing overlooking the lake. Brown Lake is very private and offers great pan-fishing (bluegills, Crappie, Bass & more). There's no public lake access, and only a couple homes on the lake making this a unique week, or weekend experience. Need to get away, this is it.
Secluded lakefront property. 4 flat screen TV's, sound bar. Games and puzzles. Plenty of seating for gatherings and dining. Basketball court.
Accès des voyageurs
Pick up snowmobile trail #59 at the entrance of the driveway and snowmobile for hundreds of miles. Bring your own sleds or rent them locally.
Great fishing on Brown Lake!!
Two kayaks and one canoe are available (Row Boats and Kayaks are a seasonal item) and a great way to get close with nature and view the abundance of waterfowl.
Great area for bird watching.
Close to all area wedding venues (12 Corners, Sundance Studios, Blue Dress Barn, Hidden Vineyard, Millcreek Barn).
SWMI Wine Trail, wine tours available and nearby wineries.
Great variety of locally grown fruits & vegetables. Visit one of the many road-side stands close by.
Notre Dame football games 30 miles away.
Golf getaways. (Point O' Woods Country Club - 10 miles, Harbor Shores - 16 miles, Lake Michigan Hills Golf Club - 14 miles, Berrien Hills Golf - 17 miles Club, Indian Lake Hills Golf Course - 10 miles)
Exercise equipment is available in the basement...weight bench, treadmill, elliptical and free weights.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
Owners on site in adjacent property. While we always respect our guests' privacy, we are available any time you have an issue or question. Don't hesitate to send us a text or give us a call if something is needed. Wilson, our 10 year old black lab is friendly to adults and children. While he is primarily a house dog, he will sometimes wander the property often seeking belly-rubs and friendship from guests.
If you're looking for a pamper getaway, you should book a Day Spa. This property can test the outdoorsman inside all of us. So pack your flannels and hiking boots and enjoy your private outdoor playground. 20+ acres for you to explore...woods, surrounding orchards, and trails await you. There's fishing for young and old, kayaking on your own private lake. (check with the homeowner for information on MI fishing license, it's so much easier than you might think). Two small fishing boats with electric trolling motors are available to you. These are very simple to operate! Please let us know in advance if you think you'll be boating so the boats can be prepped for your visit. (Boats are seasonal, weather dependent). Let this vacation experience bring out your true rugged individualism. There's a large fire pit out back with seating for 10. Bundled firewood is available from most of the local stores and gas stations. Some items for roasting marshmallows and hot dogs are provided. A large campfire grate is also available if you chose to grill over an open fire.
1. IN THE EVENT OF EMERGENCIES or repairs requiring immediate attention, please contact David at (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN), or Sherri at (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN).
2. Occupancy limit is 6. Any occupancy beyond 6 can be done so at a charge of $30 per person, per night. This requires Homeowner approval. At least one adult over the age of 25 must reside at the Premises during the entire stay. Please, do not leave minors unattended.
3. A well-behaved dog may be allowed. Additional dogs allowed at $25 per day. No cats please. Guest will be charged for all necessary repairs, cleaning, fumigating and the like to eliminate any pet damage. Pet must be on program for flea/tick prevention. Pet must be crated if left alone in the house.
4. Homeowner will arrange for normal cleaning.
5. Guest will leave the Premises in the same overall condition as they received it. Guest is responsible for any additional stains - this includes the counters, floors, stove, and outdoor deck. Please place all trash bags in the garage container. Additional cleaning beyond what is deemed “normal” will be billed at $75 per hour.
6. Guest is responsible for all damage, injury and/or loss to the Premises arising out of or occurring during Guest's use and occupancy of the Premises, ordinary wear and tear accepted.
7. Guest agrees to accept the Premises in “AS-IS” condition, and hereby releases Homeowner and will indemnify, defend and hold each of them harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, expenses and attorneys' fees arising out of or relating to Guest's use and occupancy of the Premises or Guest's default hereunder.
8. Periodic exterior maintenance (lawn care, gardening, etc.) may need to be performed during your stay. Every attempt will be made to coordinate maintenance with Guest’s activities so as not to disturb their visit.
9. No-smoking please. All occupants shall refrain from smoking indoors or within 20 feet of any house. Do not dispose of butts in the lawn, fire pits, planting beds, or the woods, as this can be very dangerous.
10. Absolutely no fireworks nor firearms are allowed on the property. Use of either will result in forfeiture of security deposit and immediate dismissal from the property.
11. The Homeowners cordially invite you to use and enjoy the Premises and the surroundings of property. ENJOY YOUR STAY!
Sherri and I have been happily married for 30+ years. Having raised our 3 terrific children in the busy suburbs, we then set out for the next phase of our lives. We purchased property and moved to a country retreat in Keeler, Michigan. Here we enjoy hosting friends and family, taking pontoon rides or relaxing on the deck. When the weather is nice, we tend to grill out more often than we'll dine in. We continue to stay active rehabbing or updating our properties. I'm a sports enthusiast and Cubs fan, and enjoy anything outside. We love our Ol labrador Wilson, and when the kids all come home with their Labs at the same time to visit, we can have as many as six dogs here. Of coarse, they immediately gravitate to the lake. We look forward to meeting you and being your hosting.