Be transported to days gone by at our lovingly restored traditional Saxon attic and enjoy a picture-perfect view over Mount Tampa and the neighboring rooftops in a unique place full of character and romance.
You'll have an authentic local experience staying at our family's private guest house that's right in the heart of the city in one of Brasov’s superb historic buildings.
Also included: free parking on premises, breakfast bar, spacious lounge w/ rooftop terrace, and private fitness studio.
Part of Kronhaus, our family's private 650m2 guest house that occupies half of the cellar, the entire second floor as well as this whole 2-story attic of the 1928 historic building on 25 Nicolae Balcescu Street, it is ideally located in the central old city fortress area of Brasov.
Initially designed to be the new home for our growing family, it was carefully restored and revamped over the span of more than 7 years, giving homage to the original Saxon architecture, and lovingly decorated in a traditional yet personal style that exhibits harmony, order, and a friendly charm.
The whole house stands apart as a clash of new and old - a place in which traditional architecture, antique furniture, select art pieces and intricate details rooted in rich local history, meet modern amenities like smart home automation, high-speed wifi, air conditioning, underfloor heating, solar panels, secure parking with IP video surveillance and state of the art fire prevention systems.
Our guests describe it as "the perfect instantly-feel-at-home retreat" or "a place full of character and romance with a picture-perfect view over Mount Tampa and the neighboring rooftops" but we like to simply call it Home and we invite you to do the same next time you visit Brasov.
Accès des voyageurs
You'll have unrestricted access to:
- a big private living room area that seats up to 17 people. Perfect for lounging, reading, watching TV or playing games at the stealthy, antique 2in1 foldable chess and poker table. We have chess pieces, a checkers board, poker cards and dices on hand.
- a spacious rooftop terrace with BBQ potential that seats up to 12 people where you can enjoy a romantic view over the neighboring rooftops while you have your breakfast, cigar or a sip of wine in the evening.
- a self-service cold breakfast bar that comes equipped with a microwave, fridge, toaster, coffee grinder, coffee machine, egg boiler, kettle and cold tea press and that is usually stocked with bread, biscuits, homemade jam, butter, eggs, milk, cereals, cacao, coffee, tea, sugar, assorted seasonings and different sauces.
- another private reading/lounge area for up to 5 people
- our private fitness studio that's right downstairs in the same building. It has a separate gym and a dedicated room for yoga, meditation or other fitness activities and also features a spacious lounge area, a changing room with lockers, a private restroom with bidet, 4 extra-large showers, and a make-up corner.
The fitness room fits up to 10 people, features hardwood parquet flooring, high ceilings with integrated Harman Kardon surround system, a whole-wall mirror with ballet bar, and comes equipped with extra-thick, non-slip yoga/pilates mats, gymnastic balls, steppers, and small free weights.
The gym room comes equipped with a classic treadmill, an elliptical treadmill, a rowing machine, different custom designed ab, chest and leg workout machines, and free weights.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
I or my son Serban, who's co-hosting with me, will most likely interact with you during your stay. We share an office space at the location so you'll be able to reach us there during weekdays, between 10:00 AM - 4:30 PM as well as through Airbnb, by email or directly on the phone. We also live in the vicinity and can drop by quickly if needed.
We are both local natives as well as seasoned hosts and avid travelers and want you to have a great experience visiting Brasov. We can help you make the most out of your trip by recommending local events, activities for groups and families (sports/entertainment/children and baby-friendly), sight-seeing attractions, top restaurants (vegan/local/haute cuisine), secret spots, budget-friendly shopping & grocery tips, 24/7 pharmacies, local repair shops and much more.
1. All our rooms are kept to a high standard - spotless, tidy and brimming with meaningful decor. Please feel free to reach out to us directly if you experience any sort of discomfort or lack of cleanliness during your stay so we can take immediate action. Your feedback is highly appreciated and very much welcome.
2. Our free secure parking places in the inner yard are subject to availability so please let us know in advance if you require a spot. If neither one is available on your selected dates you can always pay for public parking in the vicinity using 50bani coins at the ticket machines, or directly through SMS. (approximate cost is 3 EUR/day)
3. Because of architectural constraints, the bathroom in the attic has a low ceiling which might not be perfectly suitable for tall people. For more comfort, or if otherwise needed, you can always use the main bathroom with shower that's in the main hallway.
4. We use scent dispensers throughout the house to keep everything fresh. Let us know if you have any sensitivities to them so we can turn them off and went out the place before your arrival.
5. For stays of 3 nights or longer, we kindly insist to clean the apartment and change your towels, bathrobes, and bedsheets every 2 nights. Extra cleaning fees will apply on days 3, 6, 9 and so on.
Cet hôte a 8 commentaires pour d'autres propriétés.Voir d'autres commentaires
Hi, my name is Gabriela.
I'm a mother, a grandmother, a former performance athlete and a hopeless animal lover :)
I've spent the past 25 years managing multinational companies, building homes and establishing my own businesses. I'm fluent in English, French, Italian, German and Romanian and I'd be happy to share my home and life stories with you, your family and your friends.
Let's get to know each other!