An ocean front cottage with gorgeous views. A wonderful place to relax for a weekend getaway or an extended stay to recharge your batteries in a calming and tranquil setting.
This recently built ocean front cottage is a wonderful place to come and relax for a weekend get away or for a extended stay to recharge your batteries in a calming and tranquil setting. Gorgeous views from your living room/dining room table are just the beginning of your relaxing stay. Entering from the deck, you are immediately greeted by hardwood floors, vaulted ceilings, Fir doors and trims, and Cherry cabinets in the kitchen. The perfectly situated Queen size alcove just off the kitchen and living room can be saved for later for a small child's nap, or a place to curl up and take a snooze in the middle of the afternoon.
The freestanding gas fireplace will keep you cosy warm throughout your stay, any time of year if needed, while reading a book with a glass of wine or munching on appys prepared in the fully functioning kitchen
If movies are your thing, a large 55 inch flat screen smart TV could be a perfect conclusion to a day of adventure cycling around the island on bikes (4 with helmets) that are provided, or a tour around on the water in the Kayaks (includes life jackets) that are stored under the deck. If you prefer to bring your own power boat, there is a mooring buoy in front of the cabin (be sure to mention it in your inquiry so that I can give you some helpful suggestions for launching. Some of the San Juan Islands are as close as 15 minutes away and many of them have a dock to tie up to.)
It is hard to beat waking up in the morning watching the sailboats from your California king size bed in the master bedroom...or listening to the creek making its way along side the property till it goes over the edge of the rocks into the ocean.
On a good day, you may be fortunate enough to see our adopted Eagle (Zorro) perched in the trees, or the deer that come through the property foraging for food. If you enjoy eating smores around an open fire, wood is provided and the outdoor fire pit that boasts an ocean view is a great place to to keep anyone entertained. The Deck in the front of the cottage, though small, allows for those morning coffees in the crisp air. Did I mention the cappuccino machine? Or if you prefer, when the sun is shining, the deck by the entrance is always comfortable both in size and in temperature in the comfort of a wooded view ..
Accès des voyageurs
Welcome to Lummi Island!
We would like to say thank you for this opportunity and we look forward to furnishing you with a relaxing, enjoyable and comfortable place to kick up your feet for a while!
Directions to the cottage from the I-5 going north are as follows:
1. Take exit 260 (Lummi Island). At the stop sign take a left turn onto Slater rd. Cross over to the
freeway and continue for approximately 4 miles till you come to the stop light at Slater Road and Haxton Way. The Silver Reef Casino should be on your left. Make a left turn onto Haxton Way and follow for approximately 6 miles this will include two roundabouts where you go straight through. The Ferry terminal will be on your right-hand side, and it is marked by a designated ferry lane that begins as the ocean comes into view. (Follow the directions of loading onto the ferry. Please go slow as lots of people are making their way onto the ferry without vehicles).
2. When you arrive at the ferry terminal, the cost of the ferry is about $20. Cash and all major credit cards (except American Express) are accepted. Debit cards are accepted too if they have a major credit card logo. The ferry runs from 5:30 am till 12:00 am and approximately every ½ an hour on week days and from 7:00 am till 12:30 am and every hour on weekends and holidays. NOTE: There is no fuel station on Lummi Island. If you are driving here, make sure you have enough in the tank to get around. Also, there are no restrooms at the mainland ferry dock or on the ferry.
3. Our address is 2794 North Nugent Road, Lummi Island. Turn right on to the road as you get to the entrance of the roadway while leaving the ferry. There are two mail boxes that have been added since we have moved in, so it may be a little difficult to see the address stake that is just before our driveway. Watch for the cedar hedge that creates a hollow over the driveway. The cottage is to the right through the trees.
4. The Key - Info about key location will be messaged to you a few days before you are due to arrive.
5. The chairs that surround the fireplace coffee table that is in the middle of the deck have the cushions in the deck box up against the privacy divider. Feel free to use them as the chairs would be rather uncomfortable without them. The fireplace is for show as it has not really worked that good since we purchased it.
6. Upon entering the cottage, the thermostat is on your left. For extra heat, there is an additional wall mounted propane heater in the hallway downstairs, this one works off a turn style knob, turn up as needed. For night, there is an electric fireplace in the bedroom with an electric on/off remote control switch. The switch on the back of the fire place also allows you to have the fire place on with or without heat.
7. Our sanitation is on a septic system so please only send toilet paper down the toilet.
8. A Large garbage can is provided outside if the bathroom or kitchen garbage needs emptying during your stay. For bottles, cans or paper, we do use recycling bins that are just outside by the car park. At the end of your stay, it would be appreciated if you would put the garbage in the supplied bin outside, and the garbage cans, can be left up at the road for emptying.
9. If cappuccinos are your weakness, there is a Cappuccino maker next to the sink on your right. The instructions are in the drawer beneath the machine the general store carries a great organic coffee, well worth a try.
10. Two kayaks are available for your use. Life jackets are underneath the deck. For your own safety, please use the life jackets when using the kayaks. The water temperature is about 40 degrees at times so hypothermia is a real concern. There are three bikes and helmets inside the cabin which are lots of fun to tour around the island with. The bikes and kayaks are to be used at your own risk.
11. The general store on the Island works well if you need any additional items. The store opens early about 6:30 am and stays open till about 8:30 pm.
12. The restaurants are; The Taproot, the Beach House, and Willows Inn (reservations are required for the Willows Inn). I suggest you make those reservations a couple of weeks before you come to visit.
13. Please check if burning bans are in effect. The fire ban sign is located on the road as you exit the ferry parking area on the island side. Or, most everyone you see will know about the ban if it is on. If fires are allowed, please use the fire ring. Wood is supplied.
14. There is a 55-inch smart TV for internet. If you have Netflix, key in your code and enjoy the movies. The remote is on the green cabinet beside the couch. We do have WiFi, however we do not have cable for the TV.
15. If you have a pet, please keep your pet on the property by leash. This would be the safer route to take. I would hate to have an accident because not all car drivers may pay attention to pets on the road.
16. We share our shore line with our neighbours, however each one of us have separate property lines. Although my neighbours are very kind, access to the water should be done via the property that you are staying at. Thanks for that.
17. At the end of your stay, if the dishes that were used could be washed and put away, the main thermostat for heat turned down to sixty, and all others turned off, this would help us conserve energy. Accidents happen. If anything is broken during your stay please let us know so that we can replace/repair it for our next guests. Again, that would be appreciated.
18. If you have any questions please keep my cell phone handy (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN). We would love to hear what you thought about this vacation rental as we want you to be 110% satisfied!
19. An important aspect of your stay is your refund check. Refunds typically are sent back within 5-7 business days from when you leave the cottage. If for any reason you have not received it, please let me know.
20. Please remember our check in time is at 4:00pm and our checkout time is at 11:00am.
21. Have a wonderful time!!
Peter and Rebekah
Our family loves the water, whether that is boating, swimming, fishing or kayaking or just being close to it, it is wonderful! So while we were viewing some listings for waterfront property, this one caught our eye. It showed a view from the living room window of a sailboat slowly making its way west on a light breeze. The attraction was immediate, what could beat those gorgeous views of the ocean, we needed to check it out. As a cabinet maker, stepping inside I was instantly drawn to the high end finishes, The simple yet creative layout drew me in. I was impressed with how the cottage was flooded with natural light from the large windows, yet how the purposely placed trees maintained the properties privacy. so we decided to make it our tranquil retreat. This cottage has two floors, The kitchen, living room and bathroom on the Main, and a large master bedroom (by Lummi Island standards) on the lower floor, making the most of ocean views. Also, the laundry is located on the lower floor. No need for curtains here however blinds are at the ready to ensure a restful sleep to even an insomniac. Where would the kids sleep you may wonder...well the unique and cosy alcoves provide the kids with their own adventure. The opening off the kitchen with room for a queen size bed creates the feeling of sleeping in a ship complete with it's own porthole to the outside and a tastefully added light fixture. It was always our intent to find a place that didn't feel like a regular house, but a cottage on the island...rustic, yet elegant.
There is a $25/pet fee (+ tax) per night.
- Cleaning fee is $75 + tax
- Tax rate is 8.5%