$100 per person/nite. House is ON the Lake, just off our patio and down some sweeping steps to our two docks. Great for boating, fishing, skiing, tubing, swimming. Natural surroundings for hiking, biking, snowmobile and ATV trails, hunting, napping, etc.. You’ll love our creature comforts, all the benefits of a cabin without the roughing it part. Our place is great for couples, families (with kids) and big groups. Fire Pit outside. Sunning Deck on roof.
2 Kayaks available for a fee. Please Ask!
We have two docks at the base of our stairs. Our boat occupies a lift on the 2nd dock.
Pets are welcome but please no cats due to owners allergies. Renters must clean up after their pet's outside business.
All dinnerware, flatware and cookware is supplied. You are responsible for you own food and beverage. Additional refrigerator and freezer are available in the basement for your convenience.
We do have wifi enabled thermostats so the house will be warm and toasty when you arrive. If we are not there to greet you we will leave detailed information for turning on (when you arrive) and off (when you leave) the water supply, water heater and septic system.
Please note that we do have WIFI but it is NOT High Speed. It is part of our land-line and is not suitable for Streaming Movies.
Accès des voyageurs
We have a coded electronic lock with codes available or we can meet you at the location when convenient or required for large groups.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
We are reachable via text throughout your stay.
We will supply directions on how to turn on water heater.
Notes are placed throughout the house to assist with TV/Cable; Wifi; Fireplace and basic supplies. Use of our two charcoal grills is included.
- Smoking Outdoors ONLY
- More than two pets on a case by base basis
- House is NOT Child-Proof so caution with your youngsters must be take.
- Parking for 4 to 6 vehicles
- Pets must be crated at night and their outdoor 'business' disposed of.
MAJOR HOUSE RULES
(Due in part to previous guest’s antics)
1. No Fireworks after 10pm
2. No loud music outside after 10pm
3. Loud music indoors is ok if all windows and doors are shut.
4. No Beer bottles, fireworks, or non-combustibles in firepit. (Firepits are not meant for ‘science experiments’.)
5. Firepit-just because something CAN burn doesn’t mean it should go into firepit.
6. Firepit must be completely out, no embers remaining.
7. If you use our watercrafts or games please return them where you got them.
8. You are NOT allowed to use our chainsaw or axes.
9. Do your dishes.
10. Please use the available cutting boards for food prep and do not cut directly on our countertops.
11. If you spill something on the floor please make an effort to wipe it up.
12. Games and toys are for both our use and your use; please don’t think of them as gifts you can take home.
13. If you leave food and drink thinking we’d appreciate it, sorry but for safety reasons anything left in an opened container by a guest in the food and drink category is thrown out. So please take your opened or partially used food items with you.
14. Yes, you are welcomed to use some of our pantry items if needed such as spices, cooking oils and flour.
15. If you forget personal items at our place and want them returned please contact me as soon as possible. I have a general philosophy for things I don’t recognize of “when in doubt, throw it out”.
16. When you are checking out please strip the beds you occupied and leave sheets, pillowcases and towels in our laundry room.
Sorry for so many ‘rules’ but I’m learning I can’t make assumptions. Also drowning is strictly prohibited. Always swim with a partner and follow boater safety regulations.
I spent over 20 years in advertising as a commercial film producer before transitioning into retail where I owned a game store and an art gallery. I am currently enjoying a hiatus where I get to be a house-husband and explore my artistic side.
AIRBNB suggests I answer the following questions:
1. Five things I can't live without: Air; Water; Food; My Wife & Children; My sense of humor.
2. Travel Style: Having travelled as part of my job (100,000 air miles a year) I prefer to stay close to home with occasional car trips to my hometown, Sweet Home Chicago.
3. Life Motto: "Always take care of those who take care of you."