This is a wonderful home for relaxing and finding your own space! There are 3 levels, plenty of bedrooms and two separate living areas. The lower level has a nice big entry area to remove shoes and drop your luggage after you arrive from your journey. You'll enjoy sunny afternoons and great views of Lake Tahoe and the surrounding mountains, plus a huge sundeck with a hot tub. Beach, pier, swimming pool (summer only) and tennis courts all within walking distance from the house. Enjoy! No garage.
Upstairs: This level has two bedrooms and one bathroom, and it's a great space for entertaining with an open floor plan combining the kitchen, living area and dining room under vaulted ceilings. Floor-to-ceiling windows bring in the afternoon sunshine, and the wood burning fireplace is nice on cold winter days - and the hot tub and lake-view sun deck are steps away.
Top Level: The top level has a sitting / game room with a foseball table. There is one large "slumber party" style room with 4 twins and a full bathroom.
Downstairs: Has a comfortable living room with a big comfortable sectional couch and a 60 inch high definition TV, plus 2 bedrooms and a full bathroom. There's also a desk that is great for a small laptop workspace. The laundry room is a few steps up from the lower level.
There is only 3 car parking and no street parking in the winter.
Sorry we can not accept pets. Thanks you for understanding.
Accès des voyageurs
Winter access is given through the garage and the code will be passed along a few days prior to arrival.
Hot tub access is included on the private deck, however renters will need to shovel their way to the hot tub if there has been a heavy snow.
The HOA is CLOSED FOR THE SEASON ( Opens May 30th, 2017)-POOL- top of Observation. Take a left at the top of Trinity onto Observation then take a look on your right for all the parking spots.
HOA Beach- head down Observation and turn right again on Edgewater - this dead ends into the HOA Gate.
The pool- park- tennis-BBQ- picnic tables, golf and bocci courts is at the top of observation- Turn Left on Observation and go to the top of the hill and look for the parking on the right. The pool has everything but towels.
The Beach head down Observation go down to the bottom and turn Right on Edgewater it dead ends to the beach. All you need is beach toys and towels. Fishing is allowed at the end of the pier early in the am hours.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
We live close by, so we're happy to assist should you need our help. Please call us with any questions or send us a note (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
We only allow 3 cars, because that is all that will fit in the driveway. There is no street parking and parking 3 cars is hard when there is a massive snow storm. In a major storm you will need to shovel access to the hot tub and clear the cover. Please do not use a shovel when you are removing the snow off the cover. Thanks!
Things Bob and Roxie like to do.
1.Go to the PDQ market and get a sandwich for lunch- it's a nice drive down the west shore (located in Tahoma).
2. Take the sandwich to Bliss State Park and picnic.
3. Fish the Truckee River.
4. Kings Beach- Hiro Sushi (8159 N Lake Blvd)
5. Stop in at Speed Boat beach located on Yacht in Kings Beach.
6. For a quick and easy pack lunch that is supper healthy: New Moon on the west shore on the corner of 89 & Granlibaken rd..
7. Truckee for diner at Pianeta - 10096 Donner Pass Rd, Truckee, CA, Bar of American and the Truckee Diner
8. Steamers Pizza in Kings Beach (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) North Lake Blvd
9. Must go to Sand Harbor - it’s the most amazing beach plus you can rent kayak’s.
10. If you have kids… pony rides in Alpine Meadows, Truckee Variety store fun toys, Tahoe City Chocolates in the Tahoe City Boat works mall, Squaw Valley- harness trampoline jumping, arcade, Starbucks coffee, zip line and rock climbing, Tahoe City commons beach in the heart of town has a large play park and Sunday concert in the park and it’s free.
11. Movie night in Tahoe City on the beach on Wednesdays
12. Get a massage - Massage on the Lake located in Tahoe City.
13. New Leaf Acupuncture in Kings Beach- Dawn.
14. Dam Café and Tahoe House for Breakfast- Dam Café is better but if there is a line or you like sweets go to the Tahoe House. Both are located in Tahoe City on the West Shore.
15. Red Box locations- Squaw Valley 7-11 or 7-11 at Dollar Point or Savemart in Tahoe City.
16. Rent a boat - email us for the contact info.
17. Raft the Truckee River- buy raft before you come to Tahoe.
18. Clothing for adults Fine and Funky ( store Closing) in the Boat Works Mall Tahoe City- For the kids Ruffles and Ruffnecks in the Tahoe City Cobblestone.
19. Wild Flower viewing Antoine Meadows- get a map from Olympic Bike Shop
20. Hike to 5 Lakes (take lots of water) - trail head is via Alpine Meadows Rd.
21. Rent bikes from Olympic bike shop in Tahoe City and bike to the west shore 64 acres along the Truckee River- End up at the river ranch for burgers on the river.
22. If your into hiking go to Emerald Bay and Hike the Falls. The best time is the spring because the falls are powerful. In Sept there is an amazing fish hatch in the riverbeds that is available for viewing. OR eagle Rock.
23. Have fun and Kick back.
24. Diner in Tahoe City - The Pfiefer House has awesome Schnitzel and Apple Strudel; Wolfdales for fine dining; Lake Tahoe Brewery; Burger's & beer at the Bridgetender; SunnySide for deck dining on the lake; Jakes and
25. Climb china wall on Donner Summit.
26. Horse Back ride at the alpine meadow stables.
27. The Tahoe City Golf Course has the great breakfast.
28. Squeeze In- and the Truckee Diner have the best Breakfast in town.
29. Kids Golf in Tahoe Vista.
30. Truckee community center and Incline Village Rec center have indoor pools- if you want to swim this winter.
31. The resort at Squaw Creek has all kinds of events for the kids- crafts and movies. Check out the calendar left in the house rental binder.
32. Ice Skate at Northstar and go to diner at the Pizza Place in the village.
HOW TO START A FIRE IN THE FIREPLACE
1. Put two large logs — the bigger the better — in parallel about 15 inches (38.1 cm) apart. Make sure they're perpendicular to the pane of the closed glass doors, or fireplace opening. These large logs will be the bed of the fire and contain the embers to feed it.
2. Place one cross-bar across the two large logs. This log should be about the diameter of your forearm, and it should rest parallel to the pane of the glass door or fireplace opening, closer to the opening of the fireplace.
•This cross-bar will hold the other firewood and keep an air vent open where the fire can draw fresh air to feed it from underneath.
3. Crumple newspapers (not glossy paper) on the bottom of the fireplace. Alternately, use other tinder like dried twigs or wood shavings as a base.
4. Place some kindling on top of the newspaper. Do not put any larger logs or fuel on top yet. If you can stack the kindling in a grid fashion, leaving plenty of space in between for air to pass through.
5. Light the fire from the newspaper or tinder. Make sure that the kindle starts to burn — you'll want to hear crackling noises.
6. Place some logs in between the large logs on top of the cross-bar. Again, these logs should be (about half the diameter of your forearm, resting parallel wit the cross-bar. Keep this arrangement at all times: two logs, one cross-bar on top and firewood held by the cross-bar.
Please follow these rules:
-Hot Tub NOTES: this is very important - please read and if you cannot follow instructions please do not rent this house. Please note that the hot tub is not always accessible in the winter time due to the large amounts of snow. You may need to shovel a path to the hot tub - NEVER use a shovel to get snow off the hot tub cover. Always place the water proof cover over the tub as found when you arrived and the cable on the tub as found on check in. Throw away your drinks after you use the tub. Place two spoons of chemical before and after you use the tub.
-No Smoking (if you smoke please do not rent this house - it is all wood and we do not want to chance the risk of fire. If you smoke please stay somewhere else.)
- No Pets
- There are rental notes throughout the house.
- Please strip all the sheets and start a load of laundry.
- Don't leave the windows open if you leave the house.
-There are two HOA keys on the front doors - hanging on the hook in the downstairs entry.
- Please bring your own beach towels.
- DO NOT leave the trash in the garage - there is a bear box outside the garage on the side of the driveway. Take out the trash when needed as we do occasionally have bears roaming in the neighborhood (usually late at night /before dawn). If the trash is full text for a special pick up.
- The hot tub is always warm and just has one knob to turn on the jets.
- Check in is at 4PM and check out is at 10AM: the cleaners usually can wait 15 min if you are running late.
- A few days prior to arrival we will give you the lock box code so you can check in at the house - lock box is on the front door.
- This is a quiet, primarily residential street - no parties, large gatherings, or events allowed! Violating this rule will result in the cancellation of the remainder of your stay, and you will be removed from the property. A good rule of thumb is to keep the maximum occupancy (day or night) pretty close to what's on the reservation. Having a couple friends over for dinner - not a problem. Having your 30-person extended family over for a barbecue - not what we are interested in renting this home out for. We ask that you please read the full listing text to make sure the place will work for you. We are not able to offer refunds after check-in for guests who simply missed something in the listing.
- Guest agrees to assume responsibility for transportation to the property. Inconvenience caused by weather, disruption of utilities, or winter road conditions may occur at times in snow and mountain country and do not invalidate this Vacation Rental Agreement, nor will these circumstance warrant any financial compensation.
- Tenants agree to hold owner harmless as to any damage or injury to self or property resulting from accident, injury, or loss due to rain, snow, sale of property, flood negligence, fire, theft, construction or other reasons.
- We reserve the right to cancel this reservation, without further notice, if payments are not received by the due dates specified by airbnb or you exceed the number of guest. Failure to comply with any of the terms contained herein may result in the loss of your rental deposit. In the event you must cancel this reservation, you may notify us in writing.
- If traveling at night carry a flashlight.
- Lock box is on the front door. Please be very careful as there is falling ice and snow in access areas.
- Wash BBQ grill in sink after cooking on it.
- Please do not place the Bromine in the Hot Tub filter area.
- Our hot tub has a non-lock cover with a cable and a hook ( always leave cover on Hot Tub.
- 3 cars maximum allowed for overnight parking.
Thank you and Have Fun.
House Managers: Roxie and Robert Ormsby
Hello, and thank you for viewing our property. We look forward to hosting you at this exceptional lakeside home in Tahoe’s magical Dollar Point! Roxie and I own Ormsby Real Estate, and we have been managing vacation rentals for 20 years. We can also assist you with in depth real estate information should you want to explore home ownership in Tahoe. We will be available to assist with any needs you may have – we want you to have a great time in our town!