Situated on 27 wooded mountain acres and located 24 minutes from downtown Chattanooga Tennessee, this place is perfect for romantic getaways and family friendly activities -- walking trails, Cloudland Canyon State park, hang gliding, antiquing, Mentone Alabama, and several Civil War historic sites.
If you love to cook while on vacation, we have double ovens, gas range, and plenty of workspace -- and two grocery stores minutes from the Cottage.
You won't want to leave our cottage hidden on the mountainside. Every room has lovely views of the mountain forest. Come relax on our front porch, practice your yoga on our Barn Deck, cook up a gourmet (or not) meal in our spacious, well-appointed kitchen, or take a stroll on our trails.
Our Cottage is professionally decorated, bridging the gap between country and farmhouse aesthetic with built-ins, tongue and groove ceilings, and comfortable spaces to relax, rest, and breathe in nature.
Accès des voyageurs
Entire house and 27 acre grounds. Please contact us if you are looking to host an event and will want barn access or other services, which have a separate fee.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
We are nearby and want to ensure you find Oakleaf Cottage to be the best place to stay and unwind.
We offer grocery delivery -- give us your grocery list, and we will pick up all items and deliver to you for $75 charge over cost of grocery items.
We can arrange flower delivery.
Mixed flowers arranged in vase - $50.00
Half dozen roses arranged in vase – $65.00
Full dozen roses arranged in vase – $85.00
We are happy to let you know of all upcoming local events and weekly Farmer's Markets you may want to attend while here. Just let us know what you like to do, and we'll send you our top lists!
Pets are permitted only with expressed permission and agreement of the Guest to the rules
No parties or events without talking to Host
Children must be supervised at all times
Check-in is after 3pm
1) Guest and all members of guest's party shall hereby indemnify and hold harmless the Host against any and all claims of personal injury or property damage or loss arising from the use of the premises regardless of the nature of the accident, injury or loss.
2) Guest and all members of the guest's party expressly recognize that any insurance for property damage or loss which the Host may maintain on the property does not cover the personal property of the Guests.
3) The Guest making the reservation shall identify the number of additional members of his or her party at the time of reservation request. No additional guests shall visit the premises that are not included in the reservation without the expressed permision of the Host. No events shall be held on the premises without extensive discussion with the Host.
4) The Guest making the reservation shall pay for any damage done to the premises over and above normal wear and tear even if said damage was done by another member of guest's party and accepts full responsibility without exection for the behavior of another member of the guest's party or another person visiting the guest.
5) Firearms of any kind are not permitted on the property. Any guests discharging firearms shall be asked to depart immediately and will forfeit any and all monies associated with the rental of the home.
6) Fireworks of any kind are not permitted on the property. Any guests discharging fireworks shall be asked to depart immediately and will forfeit any and all monies associated with the rental of the home.
7) Guest expressly recognize that rental of the Cottage does not include cleaning of guests' mess beyond typical use. The Guest making the reservation agrees to leave the Cottage in reasonably clean and tidy condition, including properly washing and storing any kitchen wares, dishes, silverware etc. even if said use was done by another member of the guest's party and accepts full responsibility without exception for the behavior of another member of the guest's party or another person visiting the guest. Should the Cottage require extensive cleaning, guest may be requested to pay an additional fee.
8) The property has two HVAC units zoned for various areas of the Cottage. Thermostats are set at 75 degrees in summer for cooling and 67 degrees in winter for heating to conserve energy. Guests must obtain caretaker permission to change the thermostat settings before adjusting or guest will be assessed an excess electricity usage fee, to be determined by the host.
9) No animals or pets of any kind will be brought on the property.
10) No smoking is permitted inside the Cottage. Smoking is permitted outside, all ashes and cigarette/cigar/pipe debris must be placed in a designated container to protect the environment.
11) Guest's children and children of the guest's party under the age of 18 must be supervised at all times by the guest or a designated adult over 21 years of age.
12) There shall be no burning of candles inside or outside the Cottage.
13) A small campfire is permitted - flames should be no taller than 2 feet and the width no more than 3 feet. Guests must douse the area with water heavily after use to ensure the fire is out. Guest must obtain Host's permission to have a campfire. Any guests starting a fire without permission, or who do not take great care in the size of the fire, shall be asked to depart immediately and will forfeit any and all monies associated with the rental of the home.
14) Oakleaf Cottage's Hosts are available 24/7 in case of emergency.
15) We ask that guests do not strip the beds. Viewing the towels and linens after a guest departs and before washing provides us the opportunity to address any accidental spotting or stains that may have occured during use. Should there be any stains due to makeup/facial creams, guests will be charged a fee according to our replacement cost.