This cozy, private suite is your perfect home base for a relaxing getaway, family vacation, university visit, a Rochester conference, and festivals. Enjoy an entire walk-out—a ground-level suite with private entrance, off-street parking, and beautiful patio with relaxing garden views. The fabulously situated mid-mod Rochester ranch has a comfortable, casual feel – the ideal setting for recharging while you spend your days discovering a world of Upstate New York wonders.
The Garden Pathway Suite is a warm and welcoming spot to rest your weary bones. This comfortable private suite was created to give solo adventurers, couples, and small families a genuine at-home feeling while on the road. It’s a peaceful, private space in a mid-century ranch home -- nestled in a creekside garden spot in Irondequoit, New York — the perfect place to regroup and enjoy some downtime before setting off once again.
Follow the newly installed garden pathway to your perfect home base. You’ll appreciate the secure private entrance, dedicated off-street parking, and convenient keyless entry. Walk through the door into the common area, where you might enjoy a night in, playing games or watching movies from the ultra-cozy couch and chairs. It’s here that you’ll find the futon for extra seating or sleeping space.
Mid-century modern aficionados and lovers of all things vintage will appreciate the original pink-tiled bathroom and sunshiny yellow eat-in kitchen. The fully equipped kitchen offers plenty of room for enjoying takeout from one of the local favorites listed in our welcome binder, or for stocking groceries and preparing meals.
Savor the privacy of the bedroom, which has a dresser and closet just waiting to house your wardrobe. Kick back on the brand-new mattress for a sweet night of sound sleep. Other guests will sleep comfortably on the new full size futon with deluxe mattress in the common area.
During the warmer months, enjoy your morning coffee or nightcap on your fully furnished private patio, where you can look out on the beautiful lawn shaded by weeping willows. The suite also has all the amenities business travelers could need – in-suite washer and dryer, WI-FI, and indoor fireplace.
Accès des voyageurs
If Rochester and the surrounding Finger Lakes region is your vacation destination, you’ll find our accommodations a pleasant and convenient spot from which to navigate the area. We are located less than two miles from Lake Ontario, Irondequoit Bay, and the Genesee River; near beautiful Ellison, Tryon, and Lucien Morin parks for hiking, mountain biking, and cross-country skiing; public and private golf courses; and a short drive to downtown Rochester's City Center. Nearby family-friendly attractions include Parkside miniature golf, Seabreeze Amusement Park and Seneca Park Zoo. Whether you love snow sports, water sports, or just having a sporting good time, you’ll find your sweet spot within minutes of this home.
Off-street parking for two vehicles is included. The apartment’s private entrance is equipped with SmartLock doors for your convenience. The garage and store room on the property are OFF-LIMIT areas.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
FOR ARRIVAL, there are a couple of options:
1. I can greet you personally to share helpful information about the house and neighborhood. I’ll also give you your key code.
2. If I am unable to greet you, or if you will be arriving late, you will receive a unique key code that will allow you to gain entry to the apartment. For your safety and convenience, this four-digit entry code (specific to you) will be active throughout your visit so that you can come and go as you please without the hassle of a traditional key.
A welcome binder will be available upon arrival with our recommendations for several great places to eat and visit during your stay. We’ve also included menus of our favorite take-out restaurants, just in case you want to stay in for the night.
I can be reached by cell phone at any time.
We would really appreciate your feedback about your stay and what you liked about the garden pathway suite and neighborhood.
We have a guest journal you are welcome to provide feedback in for our future guests and to help us become better hosts. We love to hear your ideas, recommendations, and your experience while visiting.
PLEASE LEAVE US A REVIEW ON AIRBNB's WEBSITE. We appreciate it!
We have found that the best way to keep the home in beautiful condition is if everyone understands what is expected. It’s important to read the information below so that there are no surprises. Feel free to contact us with any questions you have.
1. CHECK-IN/ ACCESS:
• Check-in time is 3 PM. If you would like to come in earlier, please contact me and I will make arrangements; if you’ll be arriving later, please let us know in advance so we can arrange for a problem-free arrival.
• For your convenience, we installed an electronic keyless entry door lock. A four-digit entry code will be provided during your visit so you can come and go as you please without the hassle of a traditional key.
• You are welcome to enjoy the full apartment and the backyard. Ample storage for coats and luggage is available. We do, however, have a few OFF-LIMITS AREAS noted below and helpful signs around the home to help clarify.
For your convenience free parking is available for up to two cars in the driveway, (south side of the driveway, right in front of the garden pathway to the apartment.) Please allow enough room so I can get my car in and out of the garage. Additional parking on the street, right in front of the house is available April-Oct.
3. SHOE-FREE HOUSE:
This is a shoe-free house. Please take off your shoes when indoors so we can keep the dirt and germs outside.
The house is SMOKE-FREE. Smoking is allowed outside only, a minimum of 20 feet from entrances. Please NO smoking on the Patio. All butts must be completely extinguished and disposed of in the proper receptacle provided. Evidence of smoking indoors will result in a $150 fee taken from the security deposit. To minimize fire risk, we DON'T allow candles, open flames, or fireworks of any kind!
5. GOOD NEIGHBOR POLICY:
QUIET HOURS are from 11:00 pm to 7:00 am. Please be mindful of other residents. Loud parties and large gatherings are NOT allowed. Excessive noise and trespassing onto neighboring properties is strictly prohibited.
6. NO PETS are permitted on the premises at any time. For guests concerned about pet allergies, the homeowner does have a very sweet cat that is NEVER allowed into the suite. So you can be assured the suite is dander free! If evidence of a pet is found, the Guest will be charged for additional cleaning.
Renters must leave the property as they found it. In the case that something gets broken, please notify us so that we can arrange for replacement or repair. If professional cleaning or repair of major damages is required, the additional cost will be deducted from the security deposit.
8. WATER AND SEWER:
The kitchen sink is for water only; there is NO garbage disposal. The toilet: DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products or wipes should be flushed at any time. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the sewer system, you could be charged damages of up to the full cost of the repair.
9. MOST IMPORTANTLY: ENJOY YOUR STAY!
• Please return the house and property to the original condition it was found upon arrival.
• CHECKOUT: Checkout is no later than 11 am on the determined checkout date. If you’d like to request a later checkout time, be sure to contact us to see if it can be arranged.
• KITCHEN: Before you leave, please remove all rubbish/garbage, to large black trash receptacle at the back of the house next to the bush. New bags are under the kitchen sink. Please NO dirty dishes (they attract unwelcome critters). Recyclable should be put in the white container in the laundry room.
• LAUNDRY: Please place all used towels and bedding in the laundry room stationary tub.
• KEYS: With key-less entry the door will automatically lock behind you. Your code will work for 30 minutes following your departure just in case you may have left something behind. Please notify the hostess if you discover that, indeed, you forgot something, and we will arrange to return it to you.
We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.” – Anonymous
Welcome Travelers! I, too, am a traveler. Whether for work with the American Red Cross or for personal vacations, I’ve crisscrossed this beautiful country by “plane, train, and automobile” as the song goes. From the far northwest corner of our country in Alaska to the beautiful beaches of Hawaii, and from the provinces of Canada— neighbors across the Great Lake Ontario—to south of the border in Mexico.
And, I’ve been fortunate enough to “cross the pond” several times. I’ve met many wonderful people: new family members in Ulm, Germany; musicians in London, England; fellow ministers at the Tintern Abbey in Wales; artists in Austria; farmers, vintners, and shopkeepers in Florence and the region of Tuscany, Italy; and friendly travel guides in Nice and Avignon, exploring Provence—and the French Riviera overlooking the Mediterranean Sea.
On an adventure to the Southern Hemisphere, I talked with coffee growers in Venezuela, shared boating stories with fellow sailors in Martinique, and made friends throughout the West Indies and Virgin Islands. What a journey it’s been.
Currently I’m happy to stay closer to home with a young grandson who lives close by. Though semi-retired, I maintain a marketing/communications business, consulting with non-profit organizations. I’m a musician and teach piano and Ukulele in local music studios in town. And when I find spare time, I create beaded jewelry. I usually have a knitting project on the needles, and make anything from baby clothes to socks, mittens, beautiful sweaters, and afghans.
Now I am looking forward to venturing into a new business as a host for Airbnb. I hope to meet you, my fellow travelers—and offer you safe, comfortable lodging for whatever period of time you may need. Bon Voyage. Gute Reise. Buon viaggio.