Guests have absolutely loved this one bedroom penthouse with large patio overlooking the North Hill and Riley Park. Some guests have become regulars and have written it is the BEST Airbnb they have ever experienced and has the most comfortable bed EVER!! It is spotless and well equipped with free parking, wifi and AC. Only a 2 minute walk to the C-train, Bow River, pathways, and various parks. Located in trendy Kensington, it is surrounded by many eclectic shops, cafes, and restaurants.
Conveniently located in the heart of the trendy Kensington neighbourhood and with a walking score of 98%, it is surrounded by numerous retail and eclectic shops, parks and pathways, a theatre, restaurants, and cafe's. In addition to local pub food, you might want to try Red's Diner for breakfast (they serve delicious Fratello Coffee) and for your special night out I recommend you reserve a table at COTTO Italian Comfort Food. Both are just down 10th Street and offer excellent food, good prices and exceptional service.
The furnishings are custom and modern that you and your partner will love. The bedroom is plush and inviting with an exceptionally comfortable pillow-top queen mattress and quality bedding that guests have referred to as an "Airbnb dream!" The deep tub in the bathroom allows you to comfortably soak after a busy day of negotiations or exploring.
The building is made of concrete construction and well insulated so despite being in a bustling neighbourhood, it is very quiet. The kitchen is well equipped with everything you need for cooking including spices, and there is high speed wifi, AC and cable TV. Note that there is no desk but the large granite counter top with stools, and handy plug in for your laptop, provide a suitable working space.
The distance from the parking stall #54 to the elevator and front door is only about 30 footsteps (and no stairs) so the condo is easy to access. The condo has floor to ceiling windows that provide a sense of space and openness and the large patio with bistro set is for you to enjoy the beautiful sunsets and late afternoon sun.
Accès des voyageurs
Feel free to use everything in the house. My antique books are a bit fragile so please handle with care. Make sure you don't let any strangers into the building when you come and go.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
I live 1/2 a block down the street and am happy to help orient you to our beautiful city and respond to any of your requests. I may be available to pick you up from the airport for a cash fee of $40 per trip so let me know if this is something you would like. If you need a car after that, Enterprise Car Rental on 9th Avenue is available to pick you up and drive you to their location across the river.
Read the House Rules carefully as acceptance of your booking depends on it. This is a residential building filled with tenants and owners who work and wish to live in peace and quiet. Please be very considerate of noise levels in the unit and in all common areas at all times. Noise complaints may result in termination without refund of your rental contract. At check-in we will require valid photo identification showing that at least one guest is over 25 years of age.
1. Smoking is NOT allowed in our unit. Smoking is NOT allowed on the balcony of our unit. Smoking is NOT allowed in common areas of the building.
2. People other than those in the approved Guest party set forth may not stay overnight in the condo. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest. Photo id of the guest along with a complete first and last name must be provided to the host at the time of booking the unit.
3. The condo is privately owned; the owner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowner is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Please take care entering and leaving the unit to not dent or scratch the hallways or elevator etc. as we want to keep everything in tip top shape. Your respect of the building and your cooperation is greatly appreciated!
5. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order. Do not sit or lie on the white comforter or white pillow shams as they are considered decorative.
6. Remove outdoor footwear upon entry to the unit – footwear worn outdoors can be left on the inside red carpet. If footwear is wet or dirty, please put down a white garbage bag over the rug first (garbage bags are in the front closet).
7. Only use appliances and furniture for their intended uses.
8. Pets are NOT permitted.
9. PARKING – Parking is limited to one (1) vehicle in space # 54 on parking level 2 (P2). You are required to text me your vehicle license plate number upon check in. Do not park in visitor parking or you risk being ticketed and/or towed. If you are expecting visitors, they can either park on the side street or use the underground paid visitor parking which is reasonably priced. You will have to meet them at the main door or elevator to take them up. You are responsible for insuring they also follow the house rules. Any illegally or unregistered parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner. If a parking fine is levied to the condo owner, it will come out of your security deposit.
10. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. For stays longer than 7 nights a cleaning arrangement can be negotiated to ensure that our unit is well maintained.
11. Trash and recycling bins are located on the main lobby level through the double doors. Please remove all your trash and your recyclables from the unit when you leave. You will need your keys to access the recycling room.
12. Water and Sewer: The water in our unit is safe for drinking from the tap. The ice maker in the freezer drawers are emptied between guests to ensure fresh ice. Do not flush any paper towels, feminine hygiene, hair, or other products down the toilets at any time. If it is found that feminine products or other items have been flushed and cause a clog you could be charged damages up to the full cost of repair.
13. Comfort Items: For your convenience and comfort a few items have been included in “START-UP” amounts such as: Coffee, Tea, sugar, powdered creamer, salt, pepper, dishwasher tablets, dish washing liquid, paper towel, toilet paper, tissue boxes, laundry soap, fabric softener sheets, cleaning products, shampoo, conditioner, and hand soap to name a few. For longer stays please restock these items according to your use.
14. Do not use any chemicals such as hair dyes or bleaches while in the condo as they will damage the chrome or flooring and any repair costs will be deducted from your security deposit.
15. Do not throw anything or allow anything to hang over the balcony and do not fly any remote drones from the balcony. The chairs and table on the balcony are for their intended use only and it is prohibited to stand on them at any time.
16. Security is important to the residents in the building so make sure you don't let people follow you through the front door or the garage door. There is a sign which says "If I don't know you, I can't let you in". It is imperative that you do not let strangers into the building.
17. Illegal or unsavory activity is strictly prohibited.
18. Please do not bother the neighbors by knocking on their doors or buzzing them to let you in. All common areas in the building have security cameras including the garage and garbage rooms that are monitored on a regular basis. Any questionable or disruptive behavior is reported and you risk losing your security deposit if there is a complaint.
CHECK OUT PROCEDURES:
1. Pick up and remove all garbage from the condo and dispose of it in the recycling room on the main foyer through the double doors.
2. Remove all recyclables and dispose of them in the recycling room on the main foyer through the double doors.
3. Rinse off all dirty dishes in the sink and put them in the dishwasher on a wash cycle.
4. Place all dirty linens, used towels and cleaning cloths in the washing machine on a "heavy duty" cycle and an extra rinse. Use 1/2 cup of liquid laundry soap from the front closet.
5. Empty the refrigerator of any used or takeout food – unopened food and non-perishable condiments spices or dry goods that you want to leave behind are okay.
6. Do a final check for personal belongings especially charging cables – we are not responsible for items left behind. If necessary, we can ship them back at your expense.
7. Cleaners will arrive at or near your designated 11 am check-out time please ensure that you are on time or you could be subject to a late checkout penalty of $50.
8. Heather will inform you of check out procedures upon your arrival. Text Heather as soon as you have left the building. If you lose the keys and door fobs, or forget to leave them at check out, you will be charged a fee of $200 to replace them.
9. If the unit is excessively dirty when you leave, you will be charged an additional cleaning fee of at least $90 using money from your damage deposit (cleaning fee is based on 3 hours max).
1. There is a fire extinguisher in the front hall closet and a Carbon Monoxide Detector in the bedroom. If you have a fire and it is no bigger than the size of the extinguisher, operate the extinguisher by pulling the pin and direct the spray at the base of the fire until it is out. When the fire is out, contact me immediately.
If the fire is bigger than the size of the fire extinguisher, grab your essentials and the keys, get out of the condo and call 911. Alert your neighbors by yelling "FIRE" "FIRE". Use the elevator only if it is safe to do so. There is a full concrete staircase close to the door of the condo.
Make sure you respect any fire alarms in the building and evacuate and congregate in the Royal Bank parking lot on the north side of the building and wait for further instructions. Do not re-enter the building until you have been advised by the Fire Department that it is safe to do so.
2. Emergency phone number is 911 and the address is:
1110 3rd Avenue NW.
Owner: Heather Ferguson telephone: 403 then 804 then 4311
3. The nearest hospital is Foothills Hospital. From the condo travel up the 10th Street hill, turn left onto 16th Avenue. Drive west until you see the hospital on the left hand side. There is emergency parking.
In conclusion, I am just down the street and reachable if you need help with anything or if you have any questions.
Thank you for your observance and respect of the House Rules. Your acceptance of the House Rules is required for your booking to be accepted. Please indicate in your email request to book to me that you have read and accept the House Rules.
Heather Ferguson 403 then 804 then 4311
Si vous annulez jusqu'à 7 jours avant le voyage, vous recevez un remboursement à hauteur de 50 %. En cas d'annulation au cours des 7 jours précédant le voyage, la réservation est non remboursable.
I am a native Calgarian and lived in California for 2 years and in Europe for 6 years. While loving Europe, I learned the Spanish and French languages and had so much fun meeting new people from all over the world. I am an Environmental Consultant, small tea and candy shop owner, Argentine tango dancer and I love the outdoors, fishing, dancing, my small Havanese dog Charlie, and chocolate. I welcome people from all walks of life! My motto is "Be Happy and Be Present"