You’ll love my place because of privacy, comfort, first floor convenient location (no stairs), no clutter, the ambiance, the neighborhood, free on-street parking and your host (conveniently living in a separate apartment on the second floor).
My place is good for couples, solo adventurers, business travelers, families (with kids), and furry friends (pets).
My apartment is perfect for 2 people but can accommodate 4 (or even 5 if needed). I use my space as a guest apartment for my family and friends coming to visit me and Chicago. But my family has a long way to Chicago (from Poland) so they don't visit me that often. That is why recently I decided to become an Airbnb host.
The apartment is located on the 1st floor, so it has an easy access from the front (main street) as well as it has a secondary door at the back (to the backyard and the alley).
My apartment has 1 bedroom with one queen bed.
In addition there is a den/walk-in closet with a twin bed (Murphy Bed) and a door to make this room private (see pictures for details).
There is also a grey sofa in the Living Room which can be unfolded and converted into a twin size bed (for one person).
If there is a 4th person in the group than I recommend to use my queen size inflatable airbed/mattress (which is tucked away in the Living Room closet during the day- see pictures).
I love animals, so this apartment is dog friendly. There is even a gate between kitchen and dining room which could be used to keep your dog away from the rest of the apartment if needed.
Accès des voyageurs
Our 2-flat is tastefully decorated and has everything you need for your visit to Chicago. We live upstairs in a separate unit and are available to help with questions about restaurants, the area, and getting around Chicago.
Guests will have full privacy in their unit. They will have the freedom to come and go as they please. Guests also will have access to the shared deck for lounging and relaxing.
– wireless internet is always available
– we provide coffee/tea/creamer and cereal for breakfast
– street parking is safe, permit/fee free and easy
– laundry room at the back of the apartment has a laundry machine & a dryer (which you can use for free) as well as an iron and an ironing board
– the kitchen is full size and stocked with all the tools needed for cooking
– sheets and towels are provided
– basic toiletries and hair dryer provided
– the apartment has a television, however there is no cable TV just basic channels (at least 20 of them); and in addition to it there is a DVD player and two drawers (in the TV armoire) full of movies on DVD.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
Always remember not to hesitate to contact us if you need anything during your stay at our apartment.
We enjoy meeting our guests and welcome as little or much interaction as you like.
We are very pet friendly.
There is no dog on the premises. But occasionally we babysit my sister's very friendly dog which might be running around on our backyard (never on the loose at the front door/yard).
If you come with your dog(s) and you let them loose at our backyard please make sure you clean after them. We don't let our dog to use our backyard as a dumping/dropping area. And we hope you will respect our wish.
I checked that our apartment is wheelchair accessible, however it does not comply with all ADA requirements. First of all there is no ramp at the front or back entry, but since it is located on the ground floor and there is only one step at threshold I think it might be consider as a wheelchair accessible (with a little help). Also there is no 5' clearance at the bedside in the bedroom, (our bedroom is not that large) but with a little help it is easily accessible by wheelchair person. Also the clearance at the door to the restroom is not large enough to be wheelchair accessible. For your reference and more details see pictures.
Note: For convenience and security of the house I installed Ring video doorbell at the front door.
Numéro de licence ou d'immatriculation
En savoir plus sur ce numéro
Please before you leave do the dishes. Also make sure that all windows and doors are locked and all small kitchen appliances, lights and fans are turned off.
Text me when you leave so I can start with turnover for next guests. Thank you!
"Don't let a little dispute injure a great relationship".
I love to bike. I am a founder of Polka Circle Bicycle Club. We usually bike on Sundays and we try to explore new bicycle paths. We often put our bikes on our cars to get to as many trails as possible (so we often go out of state).
Besides biking I love:
- sailing (I'm a member of a yacht club),
- volleyball (I play at least once a week with my friends),
- reading books (I wish I have more time for them!),
- architectural trips (my last amazing trip took me to Havana, Cuba),
- nature & hiking (I love trips to National Parks and Forests and wondering around entire US),
- playing golf (although I'm not so good in it),
- swimming (I prefer indoor pools with long lanes),
- watching movies (what I've seen recently and impressed me: "Patriot" & "Vikings" TV shows and movies: "The Jungle Book", "Wołyń" and "The Grand Budapest"),
- playing games and cards with friends (I try to do it at least once a month);
- jazz, classical, rock and any other good music (I Play piano);
- animals ( I am a proud owner of a black and white cat named Misia; I wish I have a dog but with all my activities, interests and work I would not be able to be a good or even decent dog owner; so I will leave it for my retirement)
- and my family!