My House 180 sqm is close to: the Airport of Athens(30 minutes by car) , nightlife, family-friendly activities, transport.You’ll love my place because of the outdoors space, the light, the comfy bed, the neighborhood, and the ambiance. My place is good for couples, solo adventurers, business travelers, and families (with (URL HIDDEN) is also close to the port of Lavrio 4km, from which you can take the boat ant go to various Greek islands. Moreover Athens is almost an hour by car.
- The whole traditional house is for rent 180sqm: + with 1 large veranda 40sqm ,a back yard and a parking.
- This is our holiday house.
- The large veranda is great for eating breakfast, lunch or dinner outside
- The House (and by extension the veranda) is east facing which means there is full sun until midday (in case you want to take breakfast in the sun) and thereafter in shadow - which (trust me) is perfect in the summer months as it helps to keep the house cool!
- Comfortably sleeps 8, with 2 sofabed in the living room which can sleep extra 2
- Kitchen with ,cofee maker, oven, ceramic cooker and fridge.
- Washing machine, iron and ironing board
- Living-room with 2 sofabed, TV, large capacity aircon and open fireplace
- Master bedroom: a double bed.
- Second bedroom: a double bed.
- Third bedroom. a single bed
- Loft. one double bed and two single.
- As this is a holiday house, all mattresses and pillows are 'almost as new'
- Towels, sheets, as well as separate beach towels.
- Mosquito nets on all main windows
- Air conditioning & fans in ALL rooms (you can chose how you keep cool).
English /Greek hosts who live locally - so happy to give you tips on things to do and places to go!
Ask whatever you want and we shall answer .
The House is situated in Agios Konstantinos:
- 5-10 mins by car from the harbour/centre of Lavrio (4km).
- 10 mins by car to the nearest beach, which is a lovely sandy bay, shallow for up to 20 metres, and has some shady (trees) so it is perfect for kids and people who need to stay out of the sun.
Lavrio is a lovely (large) port, about 50 km from Athens, and 10 km from Cape Sounion.
The town has two main squares + the port area. An old fish market has been converted into a pedestrian walkway and now boasts fish restaurants and tavernas.
There is a large weekly market on Thursday mornings, which sells fresh fruit, vegetables and fish.
There are also two small museums and 4 supermarkets (as well as numerous shops).
There are lots of beaches in or near Lavrio.
If you have a car and can go exploring, just drive up or down the coast which is literally beach after beach (some sandy, some stony, some with beach bars, some for snorkelling!). If not, just hop on one of the local buses.
+20 cafes, restaurants and bars - and a few summer clubs - basically entertainment for all depending on the pace you want to set.
In the summer period, there is an open air cinema with original version subtitled movies.
Restaurants range from fish and meat tavernas, to Italian pizza places, and (unfortunately!) AMAZING ice cream parlours)
From Athens airport: 30 mins
Drive: it is a very easy 30 mins drive, 20 mins of which is on a dual carriageway (no twisting and turning.
Getting to/from Athens by car:
about an hour ( normally rent a car at the airport).
At Cape Sounion there is one of the most famous temple in Greece. Also there are great beaches for swimming during the day - head up to the temple overlooking the Aegean sea for the sunset).
Getting to and from Lavrio to the Islands:
The port of Lavrio is the starting point for a lot of yachts rentals, but also mainline boats which go to the Cyclades.
Timetables vary depending on the season.
From Lavrio you can go to:
Mykonos, Los, Syros, Limnos, Folegandros, Naxos, Paros and Tinos as well as some of the smaller lesser known (but lovely!) islands: Kea, Kithnos and Siknos.
I am vice admiral retired and i live in Athens with my family.
I have traveled almost in all over the world.
Particularly i have studied in France, USA(Defence University in Norfolk), and i have served as Defense Attache in Yerevan(Armenia) and Moscow(Russia).
I still love travelling and i like to meet people from other countriew and exchange experiance.
The 5 thinks i cannot leive with, are my family, travelling, reading especialy historical books, jocking and fishing.
I like watching classical movies and my favorite slogan is << the next day is always a new day>>.