Our Pod is in the centre of Dimmingsdale which is a beautiful area with its woodland lakes, waterfalls and exciting paths and tracks to explore. You can walk through the woods to Alton Towers and to the Pub. You can collect your own eggs on request, and watch our horses and sheep graze. is great for couples, families (with kids), and furry friends (pets).
The Pod is situated in a secluded spot in our field surrounded by fields and overlooking the woods.
There is plenty of outdoor space to explore, you get a real sense of wild camping its so secluded. At night you can listen to the owls as you sit around your fire pit enjoying your BBQ food You can also enjoy the outdoor kitchen and dining area. You will feel like you have left your busy life behind you.
The Pod is an eco space with a 12v solar powered system providing lighting and 12v USB plug sockets for charging your phone.
In side the Pod you have a comfy double bed with 100% cotton bed linen, a separate toilet and wash hand basin with cold running water. The hot shower is located in a separate adjacent pod where you will find natural pure lakes toiletries provided. There is a sofa bed which is not partitioned from the other bed so only suitable for close friends and family. The log burner is fabulous and not only heats the pod really well but can be used to boil a kettle or cook with the cast iron pot provided. We also have an inside kitchen area with pots, pans, crockery and cutlery and a sink for washing up with cold running water.
Outside you have your veranda with a covered outside kitchen area with gas hob, gas BBQ and a cool box with plenty of ice blocks provided to keep your food ice cold for the length of your stay. The outside dining is a treat with its lovely secluded position and gorgeous woodland views. We also provide a fire pit and logs can be foraged from the woods or bags bought for £4 per bag.
We hope to help you escape from your screens and go back to basics but you can access the 4G network on your phones if needed. Games and Books are provided in the pod.
Accès des voyageurs
The Pod is situated on our farm where there is sheep, horses, chickens and plenty of space to run around. As long as supervised and safe children or adults are welcome to have a bounce on our trampoline or collect the eggs on request. Walking from the pod is fantastic with its acres of woodland to explore and trails leading your to lakes, cafes and pubs.
As the Pod is situated down the far end of our field and we do not allow cars we provide a cart to transport your luggage.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
We live down the field in the house and can help with anything you need just knock.
Please note the Pod has a plumbed in toilet and sink but the shower is in a separate pod and is shared with The Yurt.
The Pod is solar powered and the only form of heating is the log burner. Please bring a torch.
Sat Nav's will take you to the wrong place so follow the directions provided. Do not rely on phone service to contact Sally and Andy if lost.
- Please have a lovely relaxing stay.
- Dogs must be kept on a lead on the farm.
- No outdoor shoes or muddy dogs in the Pod.
- Dogs must stay off soft furnishing.
- Please treat our Pod with respect and leave it clean and tidy and as you found it. Please wash up after you and clean the BBQ if you use it.
- Please do not feed our animals or let our dogs follow you on walks.
- This is a tranquil place so please keep noise down to a minimum so as not to disturb other guests.
- Please do not use the small logs provided for the log burner in the fire pit.
- Please do not flush any sanitary wear or anything other than toilet paper in our septic tank.
- Please ensure you shut all field gates and do not try and pet the horses whilst they're in the field.
- Please do not take soft furnishing or bedding outside.
Enjoy our bit of heaven. Relax and enjoy your stay.
Thanks Sally and Andy xx