Enjoy a relaxing private bedroom and adjacent private bathroom with your own entrance to our secluded backyard in our charming, cozy, Tudor style artist's home located in the heart of Menlo Park and Silicon Valley. Our house is within easy walking distance to shops and restaurants in downtown Menlo (Santa Cruz Ave) and Caltrain. Also easy access to Stanford (1.5 miles), Palo Alto (1.8 miles), Sand Hill Road, and all of Silicon Valley!
Our house was built in the 1950s Tudor architecture style, so it has beautiful, modern charm and character. We live on the entire bottom floor of a two unit converted house. With hardwood floors throughout the dining room, kitchen, and living room, high ceilings with dark wood beams, a gas fireplace in the living room, and a spacious, fenced backyard with outdoor lounge and grill, our home is a lovely alternative to a boring hotel!
- CalTrain to SF in 45min
- Walk to Menlo Park CalTrain station from our house (15min, 0.8 miles away)
- Centrally located to Menlo Park cafes, restaurants, shops
- Walk or bike to Stanford, just 1.5 miles away (25min walk)
- Wifi, linens, and towels provided
- Toasty warm heating blanket for the chilly months of winter (Dec-Feb)
- Borrow one of our bikes upon advance notice
- Within walking distance to the Menlo Park Farmer's Market every Sunday (near Trader Joe's parking lot)
Your hosts (Jessica and Joe) are experienced Airbnb-ers who both have extensive international travel experience as well as co-op living experience. We enjoy welcoming fellow travelers into our home (we do live in this house). We are both working professionals and artists at heart. Joe is an expert on solar energy and battery storage, and is also into music and designing and building useful things. Jessica is a social media strategy director with a PR agency, as well as a photographer/writer passionate about travel.
Accès des voyageurs
Guests will have access to their private bedroom and private bathroom. The kitchen is available for use with advanced notice for cooking. Feel free to enjoy our green, quiet outdoor lounge in the backyard!
Tea and coffee available for guests in the kitchen.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
We live in this house, so you are renting a private bedroom and adjacent private bathroom inside a shared home. We both work during the daytime, and Jessica frequently works from home quietly in the living room. We are always happy to give tips or answer questions!
NEW AIRBNB USERS: Please complete your profile. If you are new to Airbnb and have no reviews, we do ask that you tell us about yourself and your visit. Since we are welcoming you into our home, we like to know who you are! :)
This is our primary home. We expect guests to treat our home with the same respect and care that they'd treat their own home. That means respecting our property, not damaging things, and tidying up after yourselves. If something breaks or is damaged, please let us know.
- Remember to keep all doors and windows locked when you are not at the house.
- Respect both our neighbors and our home space.
- Wash any dishes you use. We also have a dishwasher, so if it looks dirty, feel free to put your dirty dishes inside.
- If you consume any of our food or beverages, please replace them. (The only exception is designated tea and instant coffee on kitchen counter which is free for guests.)
- Wipe down the kitchen counters and tables after meals.
- Turn off the lights when you are not using them.
- Remove your shoes while inside the house and leave them near the front door.
- NO SMOKING. Smoking permitted outside only. Please dispose of cigarette butts properly.
It is much appreciated if you leave the house as orderly and tidy as you found it.