A private loft in what used to be a church–IT'S NOT A SHARED HOSTEL. My neighbors & I decided to build out for families, groups, bands, retreats & CHILL get togethers. There are 5 other separate units in the building my neighbors have in case you need more room–feel free to ask me.
This unit has 3 levels connected via a spiral staircase. Top/bottom floors have the bathrooms/beds–IT'S A LOFT SO THERE ARE NO PROPER BEDROOMS. Kitchen/living room on central floor w/main entrance to the parking lot.
IMPORTANT: Groups over 16 people. Let me know how many guests are expected. We need to negotiate a fixed price for everyone. Yes, the extra per person fee applies to them but Airbnb does not calculate it. If you instant book, we will need to adjust the price after. This can be negotiable but we need to have open communication.
Quick note: you don't really pay the security deposit. It is more of an OBLIGATION to pay that amount in case there is theft/damage/etc. You won't need to pay it when booking. Go ahead and ask questions if you're still confused.
Want to know total cost? It's hard for us to figure that out since Airbnb charges taxes/fees that we hosts don't collect. To know the exact price you're going to pay, take the steps to book the place with the dates and # of guests you're bringing. You'll see the final price on the last screen before you pay. Just don't click pay unless you want to book it.
Older folks note: we hate to say this but it's apparent that older folks DO NOT like staying here. They are uncomfortable with the spiral staircases, the lack of privacy from other in their group from there being no real bedrooms (that's what a loft is!), and that the bathrooms are on the top/bottom floors away from the main floor. If you are booking this for a mature audience, please reconsider or explain the above CAREFULLY. We've had assistants/booking agents hastily book this place for older groups only to have them complain for things that were stated repeatedly. Everyone else loves the pad as you can see from the reviews.
Bands, Musicians, Very Late Check-Ins Welcome! Cleaning cost discounts available for smaller groups or longer stays. Feel free to negotiate.
You're going to be living in (what used to be) a church. How rad is that?!
Want more space? My neighbors and I have banded together to offer the entire building out for larger groups. We're artists, musicians and overall creative people–we understand how hard it is to find an affordable place where you can put everyone under one roof. Here are my neighbor's spots for you to check out. Any one of us can figure out a package deal for you:
Unit A: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/4317051 (medium sized unit - 4 Queen beds / 2 full floor mattresses / 3 futons / 3 airbeds) sleeps 21 max
Unit B: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/16273883 (medium sized unit - 6 Full beds / 2 full floor mattresses / 1 floor twin / 3 airbeds / 1 couch / 1 sofa bed) sleeps 23 max
Unit C: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/16677171 (smaller unit - 4 full beds / 1 full floor mattress / 1 twin floor mattress / 1 couch / 1 sofa bed / 1 airbed) sleeps 15 max
Unit D: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/16403871 (smaller unit - 5 full beds / 1 full floor mattress / 1 twin floor mattress / 1 couch / 1 sofa bed / 3 airbeds) sleeps 19 max
Unit E (this unit): https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/16315762 (big unit - 12 full beds / 2 full floor mattresses / 1 couch / 1 sofa bed / 1 airbed) sleeps 32 max
Unit F: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/6836730 (big unit - 2 queen beds / 7 full beds / 2 twin beds / 4 airbeds) sleeps 24 max
DETAILS FOR THE NEUROTIC:
- You get 2 parking spots in a gated lot. I MIGHT be able to ask my neighbors for more but it depends on how busy it is.
- Beds are all FULL (aka "double") SIZED gel memory foam (Lucid Brand). People love these mattresses and it's important to us to have a good sleep.
- Waterproof/bedbug-proof/hypoallergenic encasements cover ALL mattresses and pillowcases.
- We have a laundry service that uses "Planet" brand detergent–free of nasty additives.
- We provide linens for every guest and a towel.
- We provide toilet paper.
- We provide Everyone™ 3-In-1 soap that can be used as a shampoo, shower gel, or bubble bath. Made with plant derived cleansers and botanical extracts.
- 2 PAIRS of Coin operated laundry units are available on the lower level of the building (that means 4 machines). I wish it were free but we can't cut the contract with the company until next year.
- TV: we have a TV but no cable. There are basic channels with a Chromecast, which you are able to watch TV via apps like YouTube, CNN, ABC, ESPN, Netflix, etc. You are even able to mirror your own phone, tablet or computer.
Total that can sleep here on the beds/couches/airbeds provided: 32 people.
Top floor - 8 built beds with full size mattresses (4 lofts, 4 platform beds). If sharing beds, it fits 16 people.
Middle floor - sleeper couch fits 2. Sectional couch fits 1. One twin/single air mattress that we'll provide can fit in an alcove by the stairs. 4 total fit.
Bottom floor - 4 built beds (3 loft, 1 platform) with full size mattresses and 2 floor mattresses that you can lean against the walls to create space if you are not using them. 6 mattresses total that fit 2 each. 12 total fit.
*TAKE NOTE: just because this many people can sleep here, doesn't mean it's going to be the most enjoyable experience. That's 16 people using 1 bathroom. That's 32 people's luggage taking up the floorspace. We try our best to place strategic hooks and luggage racks to make good use of space but the more you stuff, the more you sacrifice.
- 20 cup rice cooker
- 3 pans
- 4 pots
- Large toaster oven
- Oven with gas powered stovetop
- Large Brita water purifier dispenser
- Garbage Disposal (aka: Sink Incinerator)
- Dozens of glasses, plates and bowls.
TAKE NOTE: although we can sleep a lot here, there isn't a lot of space to hold a formal dinner. Table space is lacking but luckily we live in an area with a lot of eateries and cheap Mexican food is plentiful!
Built in the 1920's this building was once a synagogue turned church over the years in the Silver Lake neighborhood in Los Angeles.
Much of the original church architecture still stands and has been refinished and retouched like the original wooden floors and of course, the stained glass windows.
Converted into lofts residential loft condominiums around 2003, every unit has its own patron saint that can be seen in one of the 2 stained glass windows visible from the 2nd and 3rd floors of the loft.
Each floor has its own private lockable entrance and a gorgeous spiral staircase connects all 3 floors.
Accès des voyageurs
There is a lockbox so you can get the keys anytime without having to meet up with us. If you are an unreviewed user or a local user, we will need to know more about you when you instant book and we reserve the right to visit daily/nightly, meet you upon check in and ask to see your ID when getting the keys.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
We live blocks away so let is know if you need anything. I also have family, assistant and cleaning crew that are nearby too.
We had the pleasure of hosting: Tame Impala, Blood Orange, Kurt Vile, Future, Wild Nothing, American Football, Bomba Estereo, Kodie Shane, Cameron Avery, Taco Cat, The Gingerlys, Cathedrals, The Movielife, Parlor Mob, Jeremy Loops and more to come.
- PARTIES: YOU NEED TO TELL US IN ADVANCE. Gatherings, meetups, kick backs, dinner parties are fine
- NO SMOKING INSIDE. If next guests complain of smoke or is we find signs of smoking, OR if we find evidence that smoke alarms have been tampered with, you agree that we will take $300 from your deposit.
- We'll allow get togethers but you need to describe what kind of gathering it is IN ADVANCE. We won't allow DJs. If evidence of a party without notice, you agree to pay $500/night+cleaning fee for the total amount of nights.
- Multiple noise complaints or a single big complaint (fighting in the hallways, furniture thrown, DJ equipment set up, etc) then $300 WILL BE TAKEN FROM YOUR SECURITY DEPOSIT
- A $50 fee per incident will be taken for vomit clean up.
- Same day, unreviewed users and/or locals: we will need to know more about you. If you instant book, you understand we reserve the right to check ID/passport upon arrival or via text, visit daily/nightly and meet you upon check in our we will need to cancel your reservation. If you do not respond to our questions when you book, just give one word responses, are communicating strangely and refuse to tell us about yourself, we will need to cancel based on mistrust.
- No shoes on the furniture please, beds included.
Si vous annulez jusqu'à 7 jours avant le voyage, vous recevez un remboursement à hauteur de 50 %. En cas d'annulation au cours des 7 jours précédant le voyage, la réservation est non remboursable.
Hey everyone, I'm Adam. I'm an NY native but moved to LA years ago and have been in the film industry for some time. I'm a lover of art and nice people.
My neighbors and I banded together to offer an affordable and fun place for big groups to stay. We're artists, musicians, entrepreneurs and event planners. We know how hard it can be to get everyone under one roof if you're in the creative world. Also, the cost of hotel rooms for a group of 15 can deter a group of singers from going out on tour. We know this from experience.
Our renovated church has 6 private units available to you, schedule permitting. Check out my neighbor's listings here but feel free to contact me to coordinate group package bookings:
Apt A: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/4317051 (medium sized - 4 Queen Beds, 2 floor mattresses / 3 futons)
Apt B: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/16273883 (medium sized - 6 full beds / 2 floor mattresses / 1 couch / 1 sofabed)
Apt C: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/16482193 (smaller apt - 4 full beds, 2 floor mattresses, 1 couch, 1 sofa bed)
Apt D: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/16403871 (smaller apt - 5 beds, 2 floor mattresses, 1 couch, 1 sofa bed)
Apt E (mine): https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/16315762 (biggest space - 12 beds / 2 floor mattresses / 1 couch / 1 sofa bed)
Apt F: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/6836730 (big space - 11 beds)
À propos du logement
Quand vous voyagez avec Airbnb, vous séjournez chez quelqu'un.