MANGA is a beautifully restored Goan heritage home located in the picturesque village of Aldona. It is a private, cosy space overlooking green paddy fields and is ideally suited for families and small groups. It has 3 bedrooms and two en suite bathrooms, a living room and a fully equipped kitchen with utilities. The sweet spot of this home is the relaxing swimming pool and the adjoining veranda. It is also equipped with an inverter and Wi-fi. There is no TV, by choice.
Named MANGA (Mango in Portuguese) after the big mango tree in the villa that offers a generous crop of mangoes every summer, this villa is set in a beautiful, quaint field facing location in Aldona - one of the most beautiful villages in North Goa.
This is is an idyllic getaway that gives you a glimpse of the regular and 'real' Goan village life. Waking up to birdsong and the honk of the local 'poi' vendor to experiencing verdant paddy fields, you are immersed in tranquillity. Away from the 'happening' Goa and yet accessible to it, if a holiday is meant to recoup, re-energise and most importantly re-tune with yourself and your family and friends; then this is the perfect spot for you!
We recommend waking up early to birdsong, taking early morning walks and truly living the 'susegad' experience. You may just spot a peacock in the early morning mist! Adding to the charm, there are many scenic walking and cycling routes.
About the Home:
1)The home itself is beautifully restored with vintage touches and modern art. It has spacious 3 rooms and two en-suite modern bathrooms with rain showers. Each room has wooden writing desks and electrical points for your laptop, to help you get on with work (if you must!). We also have an additional room with en-suite bathroom for any accompanying staff.
2) The kitchen is fully functional
3) We believe in a sustainable model that benefits the village at large hence the use of local village services is encouraged.
4) Taxi/Hire Service: We can arrange for taxi pick ups to and from the airport at cost. We can also assist with scooter / car rentals.
5) FOOD: We can also cater for Breakfast and Lunch comprising of local produce, at prior notice (do check with us on rates).
A lot of love has gone into creating this cosy space and we are happy to share its energy and vibe with you.
Welcome to Manga!
Accès des voyageurs
Échanges avec les voyageurs
We live close by and can assist you with any queries, travel tips and suggestions that could enhance your stay.
- A set lunch menu can be made available at a day's notice for an additional charge.
- We have a room with attached bathroom for any travelling staff that accompanies you.
- Access to the pool for children needs to be under adult supervision. The pool is 4.5ft deep.
1) Respecting the village, we request you to refrain from playing loud music, especially after 10pm.
2) Check in time is 1400 hrs, Check out time is 1200 hrs
2) No smoking within the house but allowed in the veranda
3) Guests are requested to observe pool safety rules. No children must be left unattended and no glass items in/near the pool
4) Switch off all electrical appliances when not in use.
5) If coming with pets, ensure that they are home trained.
6) Any breakages/damages will be charged directly.
Hi! I am Deepa (Dee) and I love meeting new people and experiencing the universal connect that we share. My husband is an industrial designer and I like dabbling in many things. Together, we have created this cosy, warm and private space.
We believe in being kind and hospitable and more importantly accessible since we stay close to the property! So, we are able to assist you anytime. We look forward to giving you a glimpse of the 'real' Goa.
Manga is situated in a picturesque village and is ideal for families and small groups of 6/8. Away from the 'happening' Goa yet accessible to it, this is your perfect 'susegad' spot to enjoy the peace and tranquil of a village life, giving you the freedom to choose when you want to reach out to the beaches, restaurants or clubs (we have many suggestions and activities to share with you!). For a couple or a group of 4 wanting to rent the space, do get in touch and we could work out a good rate.
At Manga, we recommend waking up early to birdsong, going for long walks past green fields or doing nothing at all! This village has lovely walking and cycling routes.
A lot of love and effort has gone into creating this space and want to share this happy vibe and energy with others who value individuality, style and simplicity.
See you soon!