Enjoy a beautiful experience in a stylish updated home conveniently located 1.4 miles from The National Mall. You can't ask for a better location. You can walk to the subway, dine at Union Market, shop at My Organic Market (MOMs) and stroll to the Beautiful National Arboretum. The National Mall/Museums are a nice walk, scenic bike or short uber ride away. The historic Trinidad neighborhood is trendy and conveniently located to all the must-see attractions in Washington, DC metro area.
Our home is a sanctuary in the midst of busy city life. We have created an urban oasis. You will find that although our home has a compact footprint it is spacious inside and uncluttered. We have tall ceilings, large windows and the original hardwood floors on the main level. We have key updates in our home such as an open concept living space making it kid-friendly. Our cozy breakfast lounge creates an intimate setting to begin or end your day. We place a lot of care and emphasis on a shoe-free living space making our space optimum for our ground explorers (children of all ages). The space is carefully cleaned and the highest quality linens are used to dress your bed. This home is a corner rowhouse on the main bus line. If you are sensitive to the sounds of the city, earplugs and ambient sound machines are available for you.
- stainless steel hot water kettle
- coffee maker
- We generally have fruit, water, healthy snacks, coffee, tea, oatmeal, etc.
- comfy white leather sectional couch
- You have access to WiFi and cable TV. There is so much to do in DC, why would you want to spend your time watching TV? But if you must, manually turn on the TV and then use the remote to change channels.
Master - Queen Size Sleep Number bed. This room is on Montello Avenue and has the advantage of having the most windows. You will hear the buses (and people) because you are on the main street. If you are a light sleeper, I will have one-time use ear plugs and an ambient noise machine.
Middle Bedroom - bunk beds (twin on top of full). This is a brand new bed. This room has the advantage of being the quietest of the three bedrooms.
Third Bedroom - Full size bed. This room is vulnerable to the sounds of the city so for your convenience, I will have one-time use ear plugs and an ambient noise machine. This room is the entryway to the upper private deck.
Private Outdoor Space
Now that it is warm, we have a nice deck off of the upstairs bedroom with table, chairs, awning and bamboo for privacy. You can enjoy your morning coffee/tea, yoga or evening tea/drink. We have insect repellent and sunscreen available for you.
Accès des voyageurs
We have a lockbox on located on the front door so that our guest can check-in from 4pm-until.
The guest have full access to our kitchen and common spaces like the living room, dining area, upstairs deck and breakfast lounge.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
I try to meet everyone at least once, but sometimes my schedule or traveling doesn't allow. I am always available via mobile, text, or email so please let me know if any questions arise.
If you have ANY issues, please do not hesitate to contact us so that we can remedy it. We care about your comforts and we strive for excellence. Before something becomes a problem for you, contact us. You will find that we are really easy and enthusiastic to work with.
We can provide you with ONE private parking space (free of charge) during your stay which is enclosed with a privacy fence and automatic garage door.
We are located on the main bus route so it is not always quiet. We will provide you with complimentary single use earplugs and sound ambient machines for your convenience if the sounds of the city disturb your sleep.
Please do not wear shoes in our home. Socks are provided at the front door.
If given a reasonable amount of time, I will try to accommodate special requests to make your stay better.
**If you would like an early check in or late check out, please let me know and I will do my best to accommodate you.
1. Please refrain from wearing shoes in our home. Our family-friendly home accommodates ground explorers (children) who need a clean surface.
2. Please wash your dirty dishes and clean behind yourself in the bathroom.
3. Please turn off lights, fans and a/c units in rooms which are unoccupied.
4. Please refrain from eating/storing food in the bedrooms. Enjoy our beautiful kitchen for your dining experience.
5. NO SMOKING
6. No recreational drug/use inside of our home.
7. Please return the key into the Lockbox, otherwise, we will need to charge you $100 to change the locks.
8. Enjoy your stay with us.
Check-Out is strictly at 11AM (if you need a late check-out, please let me know at the time of your booking)
1. Please strip (all used) beds of all sheets and pillow cases and place them at the foot of each bed along with towels.
2. Fold blankets and place them on the bed
3. Empty all upstairs trash cans into trash bag and place in kitchen
4. Wash all dishes
5. Wipe down all kitchen surfaces
6. Sweep Floors
7. For check-out, lock both doors and please leave the key in the lockbox ($100 will be charged for missing/lost keys)
8. Enjoy the rest of your journey.
Cet hôte a 9 commentaires pour d'autres propriétés.Voir d'autres commentaires
We are Mr. Yumi Stephen Hooks and Dr. Tracee Jamison-Hooks. Yumi is a musician, professional painter and tye-dye style professional. Tracee is a Senior Electrical Engineer at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. She is a certified Art of Living Meditation Teacher and yoga instructor. She combines African and ballet dancing and performs locally. Yumi and Tracee artistically co-create and enjoy their two small children (Coyote and Cheetah) in their artistic endeavors. Yumi and Tracee have travelled (and lived) in Montana on the Salish-Kootenai Reservations working as visiting professors at the Tribal College. While there they enjoyed horseback riding and hiking. They also traveled with their oldest son to Stuttgart, Germany. They have been to Senegal, Spain, Guinea, Kenya, Tanzania, Siberia and Moscow, India, Namibia and South Africa. Their dream is to travel the world and share their love of teaching and music with all indigenous communities.