Enjoy an easy stroll around the coast of Pepin Island through lush landscape, revealing the stunning Cable Bay inlet. Arrive at Passage Hut overlooking the natural peninsulas of Delaware Bay and Pepin Island, where the ebb and flow of the tide is on your doorstep. Stay in the cosy and quirky private hut with these breathtaking views of the ocean, and take a ten minute stroll from the hut to find a secluded beach all to yourself.
- Two single beds
- Hot water shower
- BBQ & gas cooker
- Powered chilly bin
- Outdoor deck and seating area
- Lawn for camping $20 per person after hut is filled
- Secluded beach
- Easy walk 30-40 minutes
- Children under supervision
- Sleeps two singles
- Supply your own food
Recommended weekend holiday:
Island adventure - one night stay in Passage hut, one night stay in Rocky Point Hut (look for listing 'Rocky Point Hut romantic and adventurous getaway'). Includes whole circuit around Island.
Self-catered $290 for 2 adults for 2 nights.
Grocery delivery can be ordered by guests a week in advance. Guests will be charged the receipt amount of what was ordered with an added cost of $30 for the service.
If you want another option, check for listing under 'Nikau Hut, adventurous family getaway''. This hut features access to a fishing rock, single bunk bed for two kids and a pull out sofa, and hot water shower.
Farm tour package includes:
- Dog demonstration in mustering sheep
- Sheep shearing
- Morning tea
- Extra costs apply
If you want a lift to the huts instead of walking over or if you want your gear taken over, there will be an extra cost.
Please message in what you would like and we'll make it work for you!
Accès des voyageurs
We have 3 huts on the Island and they all are very private and in significant distance apart from one another. We ask that you do not explore more of the Island than what is mentioned on the map for the sake of other guests privacy in the other huts. Further explanation will be provided on arrival.
Just another reminder, that it is approximately a 40 min walk.
You must bring:
- Appropriate footwear
- Food unless you've chosen to have groceries delivered
- Personal clothing
- Warm clothing
- Rain jacket
*Huts are closed from 1st April - 31st October due to cold weather and lambing season.
- All farm gates must be left as found
- Farm safety briefing before departure
- No littering on farm, please put rubbish in bin provided in the hut and tie bag before departing. Recycling needs to be kept separate to the rubbish please.
- Message in what you would like as there are different costs for different preferences
- Smoking has danger hazards around huts and in summer time
- No open fires