Our home is close to golf, shopping, grocery stores, restaurants, walking trails, cinemas, freeway access. You’ll love our place because of the neighborhood feeling, privacy, quiet, quick access to walking trails, golf, and shopping. It's a great place for couples, solo adventurers, business travelers, families (with kids), and furry friends (pets).
Beautiful newly renovated southwest styled home tucked into a quiet community. Southwest living at its finest in 1900 square feet. 2 bedroom, 2 bath, and a queen pullout in the den. Easily accommodates 6. All new stainless steel appliances and granite counter tops. Fully furnished kitchen. New full-sized washer/dryer. Fireplace in the living room and wood stove in the sun room. Eat breakfast in the warmth and brightness of a giant skylight; grill outside in the shade of two huge cottonwoods; and relax in the sun room or the two private patio areas.
We're just a short walk to Starbucks, Whole Foods, and several restaurants. There are biking and jogging paths nearby that you don't need to drive to. We're about 5 minutes from Arroyo del Oso golf course, and 10 minutes from the Sandia Peak Tram, the La Luz hiking trail, and Elena Gallegos Open Space in the foothills. Bring your cameras!
It's a short drive to shopping, theater complexes, SO MANY restaurants, Albuquerque Old Town, the zoo, the botanical gardens, museums, our fantastic Triple-A ball park, the bosque, and other fun places in the city. If you're here for Balloon Fiesta, you're 5 minutes from a park-and-ride and about 10 minutes from Balloon Fiesta Park. If you want to take the scenic train ride into Santa Fe, you're 10 minutes from the Rail Runner. And if you're here for little skiing, use our home as your launching pad to the Sandia Peak Ski Area, Santa Fe Ski Basin, Pajarito Mountain, or the famous Taos Ski Valley.
We're close to major streets and freeways that open up a whole new world of New Mexico adventures, whether you want to drive the Turquoise Trail, visit Santa Fe, explore the nation's oldest continuously inhabited settlement at Acoma Pueblo, walk among the Tent Rocks, try your luck at several casinos or take in their shows, do a little stream fishing, or explore our beautiful Land of Enchantment on your own.
Vacationing? Extended business? Family visits? Moving to Albuquerque and want to "test drive" our community? There's no quieter, more convenient location than El Rio Hondo.
Accès des voyageurs
The entire home, yard, and patios are yours to use for your comfort and enjoyment.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
As often as we can, we meet our guests and show them through the vacation home. Other than that, the home is yours to enjoy. If you need us, you'll have our contact information and access to us - whether for a maintenance issue, or just to ask for recommendations of what to see and do or where to eat.
Our home is in an established neighborhood, with several retired residents. We ask that you respect them by setting a quiet time after 10:00 pm.
Currently, our roof patio is undergoing reconstruction. It is strictly off limits until the renovation is complete.
Fireplaces and firepits are used at the guests' own risk. Children must be kept away from the fire and hot surfaces.
1. First rule – enjoy yourself. We’ve put a lot of effort in making this your home for the next few days. The cupboards are well stocked with most/all dishes, pots, pans, bowls, utensils, etc. for meal preparation. There is also a blender, crock pot, and hand mixer. We even have coffee ready so that your mornings get off to a good start. Feel free to explore and let us know if there is anything that we might provide for you or future guests that would make your stay even more comfortable.
2. Check-in is after 3:00 p.m. MST/MDT. Check-out is before 10:00 a.m. MST/MDT.
3. Please respect our neighbors’ privacy. Quiet time is at 10:00 p.m., as this is an established neighborhood with an older population. In particular, please do not congregate at the back wall of the property looking into the neighbors’ back yard. THANK YOU FOR THIS!
4. Access to the roof top is strictly prohibited. This area will soon be re-constructed, but is currently not available for guest usage.
5. Please use paper towels or rag cloths from the laundry cupboards in the garage to wipe up spills or liquids that stain. Please do not use guest towels for this.
6. Use of the fireplace and outdoor firepit is at your own risk. If you do use them please:
do not dispose of the ashes in the trash bin until completely cold.
use the ash pail in the sunroom to collect the ashes and cool them down,
ensure the fireplace damper is open before lighting a fire in the living room,
do not use the small wood burning stove in the sunroom at this time,
do not burn any manufactured fireplace logs (e.g. Duraflame, Enviro-Log, Pres-to-log, etc.).
7. If you do use the outdoor grill, please clean the grates after use. Also please ensure that the propane valve is shut off at the canister.
8. The light blue trash can is for recycling, and dark blue is for trash. Per City of Albuquerque requirements, recyclable materials include cardboard (except for pizza boxes), newspaper, paper (except for gift wrapping), aluminum cans, plastics, milk jugs/cartons. Please note that Albuquerque does not recycle glass.
9. At check-out, please:
run the dishwasher for any remaining used dishes,
put all used towels, washcloths, and kitchen towels into the bathtubs,
wipe down the counter tops,
carry out the trash and recyclables to their respective outdoor bins,
leave the sheets on the beds for us to strip.
10. If we cannot be available at the time you leave, please put the keys and garage door opener back onto the table, and lock up the home according to instructions you will receive at check-in.
Si vous annulez jusqu'à 7 jours avant le voyage, vous recevez un remboursement à hauteur de 50 %. En cas d'annulation au cours des 7 jours précédant le voyage, la réservation est non remboursable.
I (Merv) am an IT Project Management consultant, and my wife Brenda is a registered nurse. We've been married for over 40 years and have lived in Albuquerque for over 20 years. We have two daughters, both married, and two granddaughters that we spoil rotten.
We love travel, renovating/refurbishing houses, and dinners out with family and friends. In fact, El Rio Hondo - the property you're looking at - has been updated a poorly cared for house stuck in the 1980s, to the quiet, comfortable, Southwest-styled vacation rental you will soon enjoy.
We have traveled extensively throughout Canada and the U.S., and have a vacation timeshare in Hawaii, where the idea of owning our own vacation rental was born. We know what we look for when we travel, and have tried to make that our guests' experience. Have you ever been rationed in your travel at an Airbnb? Only so much toilet paper, too few towels, or not enough silverware or dishes? Not at our rental!
We love to meet you show them around the rental home, and then disappear to let you enjoy your visit to our fair city. However, we are here for you to help you solve any maintenance issues or to give you recommendations as to what to see and do, or where to eat. And we LOVE to give great reviews for our valued guests!
We only have two requests of you, our guests: to treat out home with care, and to give us a great rating when you leave. (Oh, and sign our guest book. Oh, and put a pin in the map to show where you're from.)