Located in the heart of St Kilda, this beautifully renovated 1 bedroom apartment is right in the heart of uber trendy St Kilda and just a short tram ride to Melbourne's city centre.
Located in Barkly apartments, this modern renovated apartment is directly across from Acland Shopping Court and the iconic Acland Street and Fitzroy Street. This is the ideal location for being close to the city, whilst also being right at Melbourne's most famous beach with all its vibrancy and nightlife.
Boasting a King Size bed with quality linen and all amenities, you’re sure to be comfortable.
Baby cot also available for an additional $10/night (bring your own baby linens for it). Please confirm if you need it at the time of the booking, thanks.
Please note that this property has been specifically catered for short-term rentals and is not a hotel.
***STRICT NO PARTY POLICY – Your security deposit of $300 will be processed via Airbnb and is due 7 days before arrival and is refunded up to 4 days after departure. ***
Please read carefully our property rules.
We would like to welcome you to our property where you can relax and unwind in comfort and coziness. We strive to ensure that each and every guest enjoys an experience beyond their expectations; if you have any special requests please let us know in contacting us. We ask that you please read and abide by our terms and conditions (especially our strictly enforced ‘no party policy’) before making your booking.
We ask guests to show the upmost care and responsibility as it is expected that the property and furnishings be returned in the exact same condition at the end of a stay as at the beginning. Before booking please understand it is a requirement that any damage and/or accidents, unintentional or otherwise, are a responsibility of the guest and that the guest will meet these costs, small or large. Given its definition we do accept that accidents may occur but any accident is the responsibility of the guest. Of course we will always go above and beyond to repair/replace by the most cost effective means in order to restore the property to the same condition as it was before the guest took occupancy. On arrival our Concierge will always show you through the property and can be on hand for your exit therefore if there are any concerns guests can raise them on the spot. See more about Check-in, check-out and Keys in clause 10 below.
It is important that guests choose a property to suit their expectations whilst knowing ours, it is our expectation that our properties are solely used for quiet holiday purposes and that guests understand their responsibilities before booking. Of course if there are any questions, please ask and we will be more than happy to explain to ensure you experience your perfect getaway. We thank you and look forward to welcoming you soon.
TERMS AND CONDITONS
1. Reservations/Bookings: Your booking confirms the agreement of our Terms and Conditions. The person who has made the booking must be the same person changing or cancelling the booking and coordinating payment via the booking platform. A booking will not be confirmed until we have received a booking confirmation from the booking platform. All transactions will be done in Australian dollars.
2. Guest numbers: See property information for maximum guest numbers, a full guest list must be provided and not to exceed the maximum number of guests allowed.
3. Rates: See property information on the calendar at the time of booking.
4. Security Bond: A security bond will be paid by the tenants and held by the booking platform until expiration of this Tenancy, Your bond will be forfeited on breach of this agreement, in addition to damages rectification, or will be kept after vacating the property until such point that the property is inspected and cleared of damage. In the event that repairs are to be made the bond will be kept indefinitely until such point as repairs can be assessed and made. The bond will be kept until the damage is resolved, at which point the money will either be in full or part refunded to the guest or in full or part paid to the owner of the property for the damage caused. Further payments may be required if there is loss or damage exceeding this amount. Agreeing to the Terms and Conditions of this agreement gives us permission to escalate any issues with the booking platform and, at the conclusion of your booking contract, direct monies to be paid to the owner of the property, less commissions, paid to our managing agent where applicable. Any bond claim will also be subject to a $50 per hour administration charge.
5. Guest Payment Terms & Cancellations: The guest pays the booking platform directly for their stay. Any alteration to the booking will also be made via the booking platform.
6. House Manager: The person making the booking will be designated as the house manager and will be nominated as the primary contact. The house manager must be 18 years of age or older, warrants that he/she is authorised to agree to this agreement on behalf of all occupants and takes full responsibility to ensure that all occupants (and any guests or invitees of such occupants) understand and agree to this agreement. A mobile phone number must be provided and be contactable when occupying the property 24/7 for security purposes.
7. Property Usage: The property is to be used for short- term residential accommodation (holiday letting) only. The property may not be used for any commercial purpose, wedding, party, gathering or any other function unless agreed upon prior to your booking. Also see clause 17 below.
8. Party Policy: Zero Tolerance
NOTE: We follow best practice policies to ensure this property we showcase for short- term accommodation is safe, secure and protected – and not damaged. As this property is not in commercial areas Government regulators and Councils also have strict rules and requirements for holiday letting and will prosecute those who book properties for holiday/short term who don’t abide by the short term holiday letting regulations. Reasons such as: noise, disturbance, parties and overcrowding etc…
We have fair yet strict guidelines also. We require an undertaking from guests who book for short term ‘accommodation only’ not to have parties, events or gatherings and give an assurance that the property rented is for the use of registered guests and for the use of those people. A day/evening visit/luncheon/dinner by a few friends is fine if confirmed with us in advance.
9. Party/Disturbance Procedures: In the event an unsolicited event/party ensues, then the procedure is as follows:
Our Concierges will phone first and if the issue is not resolved attend immediately (at your cost) and attempt to resolve the concern. If a resolution is not forthcoming they will request immediate eviction as per this agreement. If this is met with resistance the Concierges are instructed to call Private Security (at your cost for a minimum of 4hrs for 2x Security Personal). Our Private Security team will secure the premises, safeguard from damage and remain indefinitely or until the property is secure (this is at the Security/Caretaker’s discretion). The Police will also be called and if Councils are alerted further fines to you may arise. By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions you agree to this procedure and all costs being as set out in clause 17. As explained above, this costly, zero tolerance approach is necessary to protect our property.
We are not unreasonable and encourage guests to talk to us if they are concerned – communication can solve anything. We know that 99.9% of our guests are respectful and responsible people who simply wish to unwind in comfort and enjoy their holiday – this is what we strive to provide. Please, if in doubt, talk to us as these measures are not designed to prevent our guests from the normal, relaxing use of a holiday home – only to prevent those who believe having a party is acceptable.
10. Check-In, Check-Out & Keys: Check-in is from 3pm onwards and check-out is 11am. Our property Guest Concierge will meet you at the property at your agreed time from 3pm onwards and hand over keys. We require your arrival time as the Concierge does not live on site. If we cannot meet you at the property, we will organize a way to hand you over the keys (local business, neighbor, keybox, etc). A $100 deduction will be charged with each Concierge callout for key related issues. Additional charges might apply if we need to replace the keys.
Please contact your concierge the day before your arrival to confirm your arrival time. If you wish an early arrival it is best to contact the Concierge a day before your booking, early arrivals cannot be granted outside of this (as we might have a booking before you). Same policy for late check-outs, the Concierge will happily grant a late check-out unless we have an arrival on your departure day and the property needs to be cleaned. An earlier check-in and late check- out is not available during the peak summer season.
11. Telephone & Internet:
Varies from property to property, please refer to property details in the online listing. We cannot guarantee phone or Internet coverage at any property.
Refer to property listing details.
13. Cleaning, Housekeeping & Maintenance:
There is an individual cleaning charge for each property, this includes all general cleaning but not extraordinary cleaning if the home is left extra-ordinarily unclean. Extra services can be arranged for an additional fee. On arrival and in the unlikely event the property requires further housekeeping or if there is a minor maintenance issue, please inform us immediately. We will co-ordinate the appropriate person to fix the problem as soon as practically possible.
14. Garbage Removal & Cleaning:
The occupants are required to leave the property in the same clean, neat and tidy condition, as it was when they arrived. This includes, without limitation, washing up, fridge cleaned out, BBQ cleaned and rubbish to be placed in appropriate bins provided on vacating the property. If additional extra-ordinary cleaning is required the cost will be charged against your security bond. In an attempt to keep rates low we only have provision for rubbish for the household bins, any additional rubbish can either be removed by the guest (our recommendation) or, if additional extra-ordinary rubbish is left behind, the Guest Concierge will organise for our contractor to collect and dispose, at the guest’s expense, any excess rubbish at a cost of $45 per bag. If you happen to be a guest during rubbish evenings it is a guest’s responsibility to ensure the bins are available for council collection, any questions please ask the Guest Concierge.
15. Smoking & Pets:
There is strictly no smoking inside the property. If we have indicated in the listing that we are a pet friendly property, then your pet is most welcome to the house. A pet surcharge will usually apply. This surcharge varies depending on the length of the stay, with a minimum charge of $50. If evidence of a pet is discovered without approval, or at non-pet friendly property you will be charged for steam cleaning of carpets, furniture and/or mess left by the pet(s), plus our standard pet charge for the time of the stay.
If you have your pet with you, it is expected that a few simple rules of courtesy are followed:
• All pets must be approved prior to the stay
• Any mess, including outdoor, must be wrapped and placed in outside bins
• Pet bedding must be supplied by guest
• Pets must remain outdoor unless otherwise agreed. If you do not have permission for your pet to be inside and evidence is found that your pet has been inside, then you may be liable for cleaning fees
• Please restrict your pet to the hard floor and not allow it onto furniture or into the bedrooms
• You agree to pay for any damage, or extra cleaning required resulting from the pet having stayed. The amount will be taken from the security deposit.
16. Loss, Damage or Injury:
We take no responsibility whatsoever for loss or damage of any property, or personal injury or death, of any occupant, guest or invitee of any such occupant and they each exclude all liability to the maximum extent permitted by law. The occupants acknowledge the environment in which the property is located and must take extreme care including, without limitation, observing safety signage, fire and safety directions and procedures and exercise caution whilst inside and when venturing outside the property. Occupants must report breakages immediately (or as soon as practical) and are responsible for loss or damage of property belonging to them, or their guests, and for the damage or loss of property belonging to the property during their stay. Your security bond will be kept by the booking platform from 7 to 14 days after your vacating the property for this purpose. We recommend travel/health insurance as security for the event of accident, sickness or cancellation caused by unforeseen circumstances such as transport problems or illness. Please be aware of any surrounding natural bush land and there may be dangerous snakes, spiders and other animals and bugs including ticks from time to time at some properties. If you are sensitive, please insure you use an insect repellent and wear covered shoes if you are bush walking.
17. Noise, Parties & Behaviour:
The property is for registered occupants only (as indicated above). Parties are not permitted under any circumstances and there is to be no disturbing noise between 10pm to 8am with no excessive noise at any other time. A $100 deduction will be charged with each Concierge callout, a Private Security callout involves 2x Private Security personal for a minimum of 4 hours each. If your behaviour or that of your guests causes damage, danger or annoyance we reserve the right to ask you to vacate the property immediately. Please note functions of any kind are not permitted and the invitation of additional guests beyond the homes capacity will enact our Event Policy. If you breach this agreement, you will forfeit your entire security bond in addition to any damages, cleaning and Concierge and security call-outs. Any breach of our house rules will forfeit your bond and/or event surcharge will be deducted from your security bond. Please note: Our policy here must be extremely strict due to our responsibilities to our properties. If guests damage/break chattels or invite additional guests then we have little recourse as we must protect our property. We are not unreasonable by any means; therefore if you think your ideal weekend would meet expectations, not damage the house or cause any neighbourly grievances please talk to us first.
18. Guest Concierge:
Our Guest Concierge will be of assistance for check-ins and is happy to offer advice at this time and by phone when required, however we kindly ask you to respect her/his time during the weekends and evenings unless it is an emergency. Other than as provided for in this agreement, the property is not serviced. Callouts for locked out incur a $100 fee plus the cost of the missing keys if applicable.
If additional services are requested of the Concierge, please contact us. The Guest Concierge may assist in additional services as shown on our online profile at an extra charge.
19. House Rules:
The property contains house rules (see our welcome folder in the house). Please read and observe these rules which are deemed to be incorporated in this agreement.
20. Please Note:
A breach or indicated breach of any of the above conditions will permit us to cancel or amend a booking, refuse access or occupation or immediately terminate a tenancy. Refunds will not be paid on terminated tenancies and penalties may apply in the event of parties/events. All details must be filled out correctly and payment processed before the confirmation of booking. As the property is an individual house and not a hotel with staff where rooms can be swapped, we cannot offer alternative accommodation or a refund if the property is not to your individual taste. We encourage guests to choose their properties carefully and ask any questions you wish. We do not refund for problems such as, but not limited to, plumbing, electrical, television, wifi not working, light globes out or any appliances not working, blackouts etc. We will endeavour to fix all problems as soon as practically possible, but as these are entire properties occasionally a few maintenance issues may arise; fortunately most are easily fixed. It is therefore paramount you make your property selection carefully. Minor interior and exterior decorations change from time to time in order to maintain the property. Images on the website are not always an exact representation of the property as changes can and will occur to keep a property fresh. At times, our property is a working property and as such there may be workpeople on the grounds from time to time.
We look forward to your visit and hope that you will have a memorable experience staying with us.
French expat made in the vineyards of Bordeaux. I love traveling. I moved to the USA when I was 18 and lived there for 10 years: Boston, Miami Beach and San Francisco. I explored most of Canada, Central and South America. I now live in Sydney Australia for the past 15 years. I have a passion for animals and I am also a lifesaver at Tamarrama beach on weekends in summer.