This is a genuinely quite, cozy (2.8 x 3.3 meters) room stylishly decorated with new furniture, Oriental wall hangings, is on the top floor of a large and wonderful three story house. The room has an east facing window receiving the early morning sun and looking directly out at the iconic ‘Redfern Aboriginal flag’. The location is three minutes walk to Redfern Station and close to cafes, bars, music venues, restaurants and universities.
The house is newly renovated, secure, comfortable, spacious and atmospheric with lots of artworks and curios. If you like a home with a difference this one may be for you.
This is a three story terrace with two rooms available (one with a double bed and the other a single) both on the top level (host has a BR on the second level). On the ground level there is a well equipped kitchen (help yourself breakfast) with stovetop, oven, dishwasher, auto coffee machine and all the kitchen utensils you should need. Also adjoining the kitchen, a living and dining area with TV and a surround sound system. Two bathrooms (second level and ground floor) one with bath. Laundry with easy to use Bosch washer & dryer. On the second level there is a comfy sitting room with a sofa and lounge chair from which a large leafy rear balcony is accessed. The rear yard is another escape with plenty of seating surrounded by orchids and a barbeque for use (smokers may use the seating at the end of the yard). Quality bed linen, towels and bath robe supplied.
This is a quite house though if I’m around I often have music on downstairs, mainly chill, ambient, international. I don’t have a stream of visitors ‘coming and going’, it’s not a party house. If I do invite friends around for dinner, I’m inclusive in inviting anyone else who could be staying if they wish.
The street is tree lined with open spaces at each end and little traffic, it’s generally quiet and tranquil...like an oasis in the city. The area has a great vibe with nearby pubs, cafes, bars, restaurants and walking distance to numbers of live music venues...a great location.
PLEASE NOTE: access to top floor level is via a spiral staircase (rear staircase for baggage) plus a second staircase. Some people may find the spiral staircase challenging, especially those with any physical impediments.
Accès des voyageurs
You have access to the whole house, there are plenty of areas to relax in, this is a house with a great sense of space. The kitchen is free to be used, breakfast ingredients are provided, from toast and coffee to an English breakfast...your choice but please clean up after. If you wish to cook a meal (no ‘smokey’ meals pls, use the barbeque) you may use any of the herbs/spices/noodles/rice and buy your own main ingredients. There is some space available in the fridge and cupboards if you wish to store any of your own ingredients. There is also an outside barbeque for use.
Please enjoy all areas of the house, use the TV or sound system but be mindful of loud music and those around you or the time of night. If you wish to watch late night TV that’s okay but lower noise levels pls.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
I’m happy to assist you as much as I can with any arrangements or recommendations you may need, if not at home, communicate via Mob/text or email. I enjoy a chat over a wine, tea or coffee and have an interest in where you come from and what your travel plans are. I’m mindful in allowing guests to have their own space and time to enjoy the house.
As near all streets in the area are two hour parking, the area is not viable for longer term car parking (suggest you find alternate parking elsewhere).
- Must have a profile, picture, identify confirmed and reason you are visiting Sydney. I would like to know who I’m sharing the space with..
- NO SMOKING in the house, OKAY at rear of the yard (there is plenty of seating).
- Check in after 2.00pm (can be flexible pending time of prior check outs or by arrangement, luggage may be dropped off earlier) Check out by 11.00 am
- $200 deposit required as security keyed locks and new keys are expensive to be changed if keys are lost.
- If you think you may be the last person to depart the house for the day, please lock the front security door.
- No shoes on the second or third levels (unless taking baggage up), they may be left near entrance on the shoe rack.
- Generally be respectful of the house and occupants as one would hope in any share household. .
- Clothes dryer to be used only if the weather is wet/very overcast (there is a clothes line).
- No excessive drinking or drug use.
- Under no circumstances will a third party booking be accepted (if via Instant Book the booking will be cancelled). Bookings will only be accepted from those who are registered with Airbnb and have their ID’s verified.
Cet hôte a 26 commentaires pour d'autres propriétés.Voir d'autres commentaires
Hi, thanks for taking the time to read my profile. I’m sociable and enjoy travelling. I returned to Sydney in June 2016 after spending two and a half years travelling around Australia in a 4 WD motor home. Since, I have refurbished my pad and now I’m a P/T Airbnb host. Activities and interests include: swimming, cycling, bush walks, gardening, art galleries, cinema, photography, Latin American culture, cooking and current affairs.