Venture is close to the beach, family-friendly activities, trails, parks, marsh, bird watching, farms, great food and restaurants. You’ll love our place because of the beautiful setting along the creek, the big hot tub & pool, the coziness and the views. It's a pleasure to cook in the kitchen on the big gas stove, griddle and double oven. It's great for family gatherings, classes, workshops, weddings, team building, business and school retreats.
CHECK OUR RATES - Overview Section below:
We can actually accommodate very large groups for weddings, family reunions, company retreats, workshops, classes, special events, celebrations, etc. There are enough beds for 33 people in the main lodge and out two adorable cabins.
Our yurt is available for lodging with room for 14 people, we have 14 cots. It is $150 a night plus $60 per person on weekend nights and $50 each weekday night (2 night minimum on weekends). It can also be used for meetings, workshops, yoga, dance, and other types of classes as well, at flat rate of $800 for weekend nights (2 night minimum on weekends) and $600 for weekdays.
Accès des voyageurs
Guests will be able to enjoy most of the Retreat Center Property except for Staff quarters, behind the fenced area.
A few simple guidelines help us keep our rates reasonable and the retreat center clean and in good condition.
No pets allowed at Venture unless we approve your pet. Wildlife is abundant at Venture Retreat. Bobcats, coyote, deer, raccoons and over 100 species of birds have all been observed within sight of the lodge. There is poison oak, nettles, ticks and snakes in the area as well as a couple sightings of mountain lions.
Please keep plants intact and keep flower picking to a minimum. All plants inside the pool fence should be left alone and for the enjoyment of our guests. But if you feel so inclined, we'd welcome weeding in exchange for some of the chard, mint, fruit, or whatever else is growing in our cute little vegetable garden. And don't forget to say hello to the chickens. They love organic produce trimmings that you would normally discard. Please be sure to keep the gate closed behind you when you go in and out of the coop. They do enjoy a visit with good conversation and they especially love it if you turn over some logs and rocks to expose bugs and worms for them to munch on.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
I may or may not be around during your stay but we do have other staff members on site that will be there to help you get settled in and be available if you need anything.
NOTE: For special events such as weddings, corporate retreats or information about catering please complete our contact form or email us.
What to Bring and What Venture Provides
Please bring your own personal toiletries
You may also like to bring food, a flashlight, toiletries, insect repellant, swim suit, comfortable shoes, slippers for the lodge
Food - You can have food prepared by a local private chef who creates magical meals for our guests, using food from local and organic farms. You may also use our kitchen for self service or hire a caterer to serve your group. We have more information on caterers and would be happy to give you some companies that we work with on a regular basis.
Firewood - Venture provides one bundle of firewood per group. Additional firewood may be available from Venture.
Linens - Venture provides towels, sheets and pillowcases, pillows and blankets
The Lodge is centrally heated
Smoking Tobacco, Marijuana, and Vapor/E cigarettes is NOT allowed indoors!!! You may smoke outside in the 2 designated smoking areas ONLY, which is the back patio or on the concrete by the pool. Cigarette and cigar butts MUST be placed in ASHTRAY! There will be a $100 charge for each cigarette butt discarded elsewhere. They MUST be kept in ashtrays!
- ALL dishes must be washed and put away, kitchen counters wiped, all furniture must be put back where they were if moved, garbage put in designated GARBAGE can, bottles, cans, cardboard must be placed in designated RECYCLE can. We charge $10 per garbage or recycling anywhere on property except in designated garbage and recycling cans. Any sheets, pillow cases, and towels that are used need to be placed in laundry room for us to wash. Any damage or theft will come out of your security deposit so be sure to let everyone in your group know about the rules. Basically, if everyone treats Venture the way they would their own home, there should be no issue. Thank you for understanding and respecting our retreat center.
- Amplified music only until 10pm and quiet outside after 10pm so that we don't disturb our neighbors.
- Please let us know what type of food arrangements you'd like to make for your group. We have preferred vendors that we hire to cook for your group if like. We will make these arrangements for you, unless you wish to do your own cooking. Please let us know if you'd like any services, including shopping, stocking kitchen, floral arrangements, photography, classes such as yoga, pilates, or spa services, Ayurvedic treatments & massage, or DIY essential oil class, soap making or indigo dying classes and more.
- Other items guests might like to bring are a flashlight, good book, bathing suit and shampoo.
- This place is very relaxing and cleansing. Even though we do have wifi, we invite her you to unplug from your devices as much as possible to soak up the serenity and allow yourself time to sit, write, paint, draw, knit, read and walk in nature while you visit our 22 acre property. You may also want to enjoy the other areas of Pescadero such as the marsh, beaches, downtown Pescadero, Harley Farm, Pie Ranch and much more.
- Along with the beautiful natural setting, we do have wildlife outside, such as birds, raccoons, skunks, rabbits, rodents, bobcats, (mountain lions - rarely ever seen) feel free to ask questions. Poison oak and stinging nettles grow here. Its also a good idea to check for ticks after walks and hikes. Pets may be allowed on a very limited basis, if prior arrangements made, we decide after talking with you about your pet.