The Long Dog Retreat is close to:
Kalamazoo, MI and South Bend, IN
Notre Dame, SWMC and WMU
Casinos and Wineries
You’ll love my place because of the quiet country setting on a beautiful lake! Great for couples, families and small groups of friends to get together! We are PET FRIENDLY!!!
The Hotdog Hideaway is located at The Long Dog Retreat Cabin Rentals on Huyck Lake in Marcellus, Michigan.
A unique chalet-style home with many windows and great ventilation. The Hotdog Hideaway has a spacious tiered deck along side of a charming stairway that leads directly down to the Long Dog Retreat's private beach. Great place to just get away from the craziness of city life! It is important to note that we have Antenna TV so it is dependent on the weather. There are several games provided and we encourage you to use your time here to read a good book, play some board games or cards, watch some fun old movies or catch up on your sleep! (or other activities :)
Accès des voyageurs
The Hotdog Hideaway is fully furnished with a complete kitchen. It has a full size refrigerator, stove, microwave, coffee pot and toaster oven. Coffee, filters, sugar, cream and tea is also provided. Dishes, pots, pans and all utensils are also provided.
The Hotdog Hideaway is on a dirt road. We are located in Cass County Michigan. Parking close to the road and only about 50 feet from the back door of the cabin. The Hotdog Hideaway is NOT handicapped accessible.
> We are a PET FRIENDLY establishment we ask that you PLEASE clean up after your pet both inside and out.
> We no longer have the RENT a WIENER PROGRAM.
> Rowboat free with rental. Host will assign a boat upon check in.
> Pontoon boat rentals available upon request. Please contact host to secure a reservation. 2017 prices:
> Full week- $175.00
> Weekend (Friday 5PM to Sun at sunset) -$80.00 or Daily - $40.00
> Plan to bring your own boat? Please contact host for specifics.
> The Hotdog Hideaway is on a well. The water is SAFE but doesn't taste that great. We encourage you to bring bottled water.
> DO NOT RINSE FOOD DOWN THE KITCHEN SINK. There is NOT a garbage disposal. Please put food waste in the trash or burn.
> Please help us reduce our footprint on the environment (laundry) If you do not intend to sleep in the other beds please do not lay on them, walk on them or allow pets and children to do the same. Per Michigan state sanitation requirements: If bed(s) are slept in or appear to have been, the sheets are required to be washed - we observe and follow these rules.
> The stairway to the loft is quite steep and must be TREATED LIKE A LADDER.
1. Use the hand rail at all times.
2. Descend the same way you went up - facing the stairs/ ladder.
3. Small children or elderly may need help AND supervision (Or should
utilize other beds in the house).
> The Hotdog Hideaway has a small propane gas-log heater - which works well to take the chill from the air in the early fall or late spring. The cabin is NOT outfitted with a central heat system and is not suitable for rental during winter months.
> During the warmer seasons, if you have an outdoor fire please burn any paper waste like paper plates, cups, packaging or cardboard. DO NOT BURN OR ATTEMPT TO BURN ALUMINUM CANS AND GLASS BOTTLES. Also, please don't throw wet garbage on a dying fire on your way out the door on check-out day in a effort to clean up - someone will have to clean up what does not get consumed by the fire.
- No one under the age of 18 allowed on the docks, in the boats or on the beach without adult. Parents/ guardians are responsible for their children (yes, we have to state this...). There is NOT a lifeguard on duty.
- Boats (when available) can be rented for additional fee. Fees are not "negotiable".
- We do not have cribs available but we may have a pack-n-play available.
- Check in and check out times are NOT suggestions. Do NOT expect to check in before 5 PM. Guests arriving later than 9 MUST CALL with ETA.
- Everyone must be checked out by 12:00 PM.
- Quiet time after 11 PM.
- Children and Infants under 2 are WELCOME however...we do NOT have safety latches on the cupboards.
- Although our rules say no Events or Parties...we are reasonable people. If you would like to have a SMALL gathering...that is just fine. No more than 15 people please - this does not allow for an increase in overnight occupancy.
- Smoking is allowed OUTSIDE only (420 OK).
- There is a veteran on the premises. NO FIREWORKS OR GUNS PLEASE.
- If you bring a pet, please bring current vaccination record.
Our rules are for the safety of all Long Dog Retreat guests and as a courtesy to our neighbors on the lake. Failure to follow rules may result in dismissal from the property. Management reserves this right and has the support of local law enforcement.
Joe and Jack Landgraf are your hosts! They live just across the street so help is only a few feet away if you need anything. Please send a message to Jack for help or questions not answered in this comprehensive listing.
Joe is a retired USMC Major who served his country for 25 years including many deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan. They are also the proud founders and board members of The Long Dog Retreat Dachshund Rescue. They currently own 2 wiener dogs and foster a few more.