Private event or business space in a gracious and elegant setting, with reliable wifi.
Whether you need a hot desk by the hour, a serene yet energizing space to focus for the day, or a beautiful gathering place for your family/friends event or sales party, this quiet yet centrally located private residence is an ideal solution.
The +500 Sq Ft flex space can be adjusted to fit your needs, and is usually rented by the hour for daytime guests.
+500 Sq Ft of communal spaces in open plan:
Living areas seat up to 16 and dining/meeting area up to 8 comfortably. A second table can be added to seat a total of 10-14, or the dining/entry area can be used as a buffet-style reception.
Full kitchen for coffee/tea and 10 ft gorgeous Quartz countertop to set up your catering offerings.
Additional & separate sunroom and den available as playrooms for the kids.
Hotel/office environments too impersonal? Diner/café too busy? This warm and inviting private residence is a better option, and I will gladly discuss adjustments to this flex space to fit your needs.
Prices per guest are $10/hour, $30/4 hours and $50/8 hours.
Guests for daytime reservations are welcome 8am-8pm Sunday-Thursday, and 8am-10pm Friday-Saturday.
Please see host's other listing for a private 4-room Suite in the Loft, or the rental of a total of 5 bedrooms and 2 baths, which can be booked for up to 18 overnight guests.
Accès des voyageurs
+500 sq ft entry, living, dining, kitchen and full bath.
Additional sunroom and den available, as playrooms for children.
This warm and inviting private residence is a great option for your private or business event, and I will gladly discuss adjustments to this flex space to fit your needs.
Daytime guests are welcome 8am-8pm Sunday-Thursday, and 8am-10pm Friday-Saturday.
Nighttime guests could be accommodated also.
Password to WiFi will be shared upon arrival.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
Please describe the event you're looking to organize and we will figure out together the best solutions to adjust this flex space to fit your event.
Please note this is an owner-occupied, private residence, and while we will give you all the help yet all the privacy you need, this is our primary residence.
Let me know what you're looking for and I'll do my best to host your special event.
This place is usually rented by the hour for daytime guest, but as per Airbnb policy, one overnight option is associated with the listing.
Please describe your event, hopes and wishes... and I will send you a tailored special offer to fit your needs.
1. This listing is primarily to showcase the space for film/photo shoots, small to medium gatherings, bridal/baby showers, direct sales parties... as well as business meetings and shared coworking space: please let me know how I can adjust the space to suit your needs.
2. For a combination of your event with some overnight stays, this home offers up to 5 bedrooms and 2 baths.
Pease click on host to see pictures of private 4-room upstairs Suite, which combined with 3 more guest rooms downstairs can be booked for up to 18 overnight guests.
3. Please send me an enquiry describing your event, and if any need for overnight guests, so I can send you a special offer.
Prices for events are per guest, and may be adjusted to $10/hour, $30/4 hours, $50/8 hours.
4. Daytime events are welcome 8am-6pm Sun-Thu and 8am-10pm Fri-Sat.
5. Password to WiFi will be given upon arrival.
6. PLEASE RESPECT THE QUIET WHEN RENTING THIS AS A SHARED COWORKING SPACE: step into the backyard when using the phone, use a headset, etc.
DESCRIPTION FOR NIGHTTIME LISTING, AS FYI:
This document is very important to ensure our home is the right fit for your family or group, as we do our best to describe all we can/cannot offer. Please confirm if this matches your wishes and concern prior to booking, and commit to follow these if you choose to stay with us, so everyone is comfortable and we can also rate you as great guests:
- On business days, we may have to ask you for a 5-8pm check in time.
- Be discreet, as we do not want to disturb the neighbors or annoy the authorities. By nature, the Airbnb experience in private homes in residential areas has to be respectful, so no loitering, chatting or noise outside at all.
- Take off shoes at the entrance, and carry suitcases (no rolling or dragging) so as not to damage the thresholds, floors, steps and walls.
- Use the closets and place emptied suitcases in the attic, away from HVAC machinery, or close your suitcases daily so you do not block doors and exits, for the access, comfort and safety of all.
- Don't let the neighbor's cats in: they are friendly and you can enjoy them outside, but please push them away gently when they try to enter with you, as we must keep the house allergy and dirt-free.
- Absolutely no smoking or drinking anywhere inside or out, and food/drinks in kitchen/dining only, never in living spaces or bedrooms. Any spills or stains will compromise your security deposit.
- Living spaces are not for sleeping! They are shared and to be enjoyed by each at all times. It is not OK to sleep overnight on sofas without bedding. All sleeping arrangements are for bedrooms only, so that living spaces are welcoming, from early birds to (quiet) night owls.
- Sort and separate TRASH and RECYCLING, empty all rooms/house out the back door daily, and place bins on the street the night before as per calendar on the fridge: (1) mixed trash, (2) hard plastic, glass and tin, (3) cardboard and paper.
- Hosts may start you off with basic supplies for toiletries, laundry, drinking water... but please replace all you use.
Make sure to always place all personal belongings back in your bedroom before leaving, so all can enjoy the common spaces, and so you always come home to the same beautiful haven.
We only charge ONE clean up fee AT CHECK OUT, so you are responsible for picking up and cleaning after yourself daily, particularly in all shared spaces: please leave every room as you found it, and keep it just as pleasant for the person after you.
Host works from home and occasionally entertains business guests in common spaces. Either way, we wish to respect your privacy and for each of us to experience every day the great feeling you had the first time you walked in. Thank you!
The first 6-8 guests can stay in the private Suite upstairs.
The downstairs wing is usually our homeowners' quarters, on the opposite side of the house, with our own bedrooms and bath.
YOURS upstairs, private:
- BR1 - The master bedroom offers the flexibility of 1 King or 2 Twin beds: unless you let us know if you will need Twins, we will make the King bed.
- BR2 in tandem (walking through BR1) - Fresh bedding will be available for the 2 Queen futons in this Loft: unless you request those beds made, we'll leave them to be enjoyed as a sitting room and you can make them when you're ready (it's not OK to sleep on futons without bedding).
The Loft also allows for 2 additional blow up mattresses if the round table and 2 chairs are moved to the King bedroom (make sure not to cover the HVAC vents or you will block the heat/AC). Loft offers TV with DVD and Roku players (sleeps 4-6). 8-16 IKEA Kallax cubes for storage.
- Lush full bath with dual sink, shower, WC, lots of storage and another expansive window giving an outdoor shower experience.
- Spacious upstairs landing will accommodate future built-ins, but is currently a flex space that usually offers one hanging closet, large desk and ottoman, bench and shoe tray.
It's a good working space or a great drop off for your belongings, so you can preserve the serenity of the Suite itself. The upstairs landing could accommodate 2 air mattresses if furniture is moved into the attic (sleeps 0-2).
*** Truly a luxurious tree house feel: an energizing space from which to work or a serene home from which to enjoy every weather. The floor to ceiling gabled windows with 180 degree Southeastern exposure allow you to fall asleep looking at the moon and will wake you up at sunrise ***
DOWNSTAIRS SHARED LIVING SPACE, may also be listed as an occasional event or coworking space during business hours:
+500 sq ft combined: kitchen, dining, living and TV areas with DVD and Optimum Cable service are available to overnight guests to enjoy during evenings and weekends, as long as you also welcome the hosts taking turns and you leave all as neat as you found it.
Lots of catering/take out/delivery options (check out Chow Gofer app) and supermarkets (American, Asian, Farmers Market...) nearby.
There's only room for 1-2 cars in the #46 driveway and occasionally at #26 if vacant. No overnight street parking: $50 fine.
More public parking is available 0.2 miles away at ACME or the little mall with Farmers Market, Chinese Restaurant, etc.
Groups can be dropped off before drivers go park overnight nearby, or may want to use Lyft/Uber or other rideshare services.
Lots of options for access by public transportation as well: see the GETTING AROUND section or use G00GLE MAPS.
LONG TERM guests welcome, with 10-25% discounts.
The Suite upstairs is to be reserved first as our primary listing and is a private space.
For groups larger than 6-8, we can also offer up to 3 BR and 1 SHARED Bath downstairs. Depending on the number of guests, some downstairs bedrooms may be available in combination with our main listing upstairs, however bedrooms will be granted by the hosts based on the size of the group: the $20 per additional guest does not guarantee you a personal bed/room.
We only have one group of guests at a time (hosts may occasionally have private guests too, so again do not use instant book if your group does not fit upstairs only).
Well-organized and self-disciplined groups could be accommodated with up to 17 shared sleeping options WITHIN bedrooms, when combining with downstairs ones. Please be aware this will not leave you much room for luggage, so pack minimally.
BR3 with 2 Queen futons, double-closet and 2 dressers for ALL downstairs guests, could also fit 1 twin blow up mattress (sleeps 2-5)
BR4 with 2 twin beds and large corner desk (NO closet, usually owner-occupied, sleeps 2)
BR5 with 1 Queen futon and double-desk (NO closet, usually owner-occupied, sleeps 2)
While a couple blow-up mattresses may be added to the bedrooms, we always leave the living areas available to be enjoyed as shared spaces at all times.
Both hosts and neighbors are in bed at 8-9pm and up at 5-6am, so please respect quiet hours and access in common spaces.
Bathroom downstairs is ALWAYS SHARED with hosts
Although we offer a fully equipped kitchen, groups are responsible for providing all supplies, catering and clean up if eating onsite (food and drinks only in kitchen/dining area please, never on upholstered furniture or in bedrooms or you will compromise your security deposit).
Groups may not receive a key, but onsite hosts would meet you for coming/going, to insure we do not disturb the neighbors and also that no extra guests are brought in.
Please do NOT use INSTANT BOOK for more than 6 guests, as hosts must approve the type and schedule of the group first, and to verify that you are aware of which spaces are shared and the house manual.
If you use instant book outside of house rules, we will cancel your reservation and you will forfeit the strict cancellation fees.
The conditions for additional sleeping spaces would have to be negotiated, and THE HOSTS RESERVE ALL RIGHTS TO APPROVE OR DECLINE the enquiry based on the purpose and activities of the group, so risk for our home, nuisance for neighbors, schedule with daytime presence/absence and warranties can be adjusted accordingly.
The hosts will only approve the stay if both parties come to an honest agreement in writing on the Airbnb messaging platform re. purpose of the stay, charges, daily schedule, conditions and warranties.
We'll be happy to approve you if you are also candidly sharing what your group is all about: we are only trying to manage expectations before booking and ensure you will be happy with what we can offer.
This house is ideal for religious retreats, educational groups, reunions, bridal and baby showers, coworking space, direct sales events...
It is however NOT suitable for parties, drinking, smoking or any loud or otherwise unruly behavior.
This is our home, and so a host/owner-occupied listing, with no additional guests allowed outside of reservation and not safe/suitable for infants.
We work from home during the day, including business meetings in shared living spaces, so again please keep all personal belongings in your bedroom(s).
The information for large groups was added after receiving numerous requests - with deserving educational, social, cultural, civic, religious... purposes - and know we will gladly welcome you and share our home if we feel the group also fully intends to respect us, our house, and our quiet family neighborhood.
We thoroughly enjoy and appreciate the multi cultural, social, generational, intentional... hosting experience so far, and our reviews show that we can be an exceptional listing for the right guests, so we'd love to have you IF what we can offer fully matches your wishes and intentions.
This extensive description grows daily :-) as we learn after every stay, only wish to avoid misunderstandings and allow you to make informed choices, so everyone can have the best experience.
Thank you for your understanding and committing to these house rules prior to making your reservation.
Leen, James and Jessica
James and I both love inter cultural, social, generational... experiences, and to discover the world independently, while still getting to know people from all walks of life.