The Mill is situated on the banks of Krka river, only a 40 min drive from Zagreb airport - Croatia, 1h drive from Ljubljana city center. The Mill is surrounded by perfect nature for you and your family or a group of friends to enjoy. The house is between the river and the forest and has no nearby neighbors. Enjoy the perfect sunset view from the terrace, take a morning swim, walk in the forest, meditate by the natural spring pond or catch yourself a fish from the canoe.
The house is a beautiful 19th century renovated mill surrounded by a river and a lush green seasonal forest. All rooms are situated on the ground floor. The house is divided into two wings and has complete underfloor heating with two indoor fireplaces and is suitable for renting in all seasons of the year.
Entering the right wing there is an open kitchen/dining room floored with beautiful terracotta tiles and a massive wooden table suitable for 8 guests. The kitchen is equipped with a stove - 4 gas burners, full sized fridge, a dishwasher and all the cooking utensils you need. The kitchen and the dining room are divided by a shelving unit full of homegrown organic spices and herbs all yours to use in your cooking experiments. The right wing has two bedrooms each with a double bed. Both have an amazing view of the river directly from the bed. There is also a bathroom with a bathtub and a washing machine. The toilet is separated next to the bathroom.
The left wing features a 47 sq. meter living room/atelier with cathedral ceiling. Toward the river, there is a panoramic window and a balcony. For a romantic evening, you can even light up the indoor fireplace.
Around the house, you have two terraces, a grill, organic garden and a private beach just for you. Wake up early in the morning and listen to the birds singing in the forest meditate in the "zen garden" terrace surrounded by a natural spring pond and a small bamboo grove.
Accès des voyageurs
1 dining room
1 boat pier
Échanges avec les voyageurs
I'll be happy to help my guests at any time.
Because the Mill is still under renovation, one space - the main living room/atelier is still not finished but completely usable. It has a romantic fireplace, lots of flowers and a perfect view of the river but is missing some fancy furniture that you will forget about it when you will see the two story open cathedral ceiling.
The place is unique because of its history and its perfect location! Take the fishing boat and catch yourself a fish that you have always dreamed of. You don't even need to bring your fishing equipment because we have already prepared it for you. Grill the fish you caught and have a romantic dinner on the terrace with a private look on the river in the summer sunset. In the Autumn you can come for the wine harvests, wine tastings, and mushroom picking. The Winter time is perfect to come with your family or friend to have long talks in front the two house fireplaces or take a relaxing day in numerous nearby spas.
• Please read the house rules before booking. I am very strict about these and I need to make sure that you understand and agree with everything stated.
• While we love children, keep in mind, that a child should never be left alone and unsupervised on the premises.
• The atmosphere that you experience on my Mill is strongly connected with its surrounding nature and its architecture. There is no better way to have dinner at the sunset and feel the connection with the river while you ''float above the water'' on the terraces. Because of this, the terraces have no fences. We are informing you to be extra cautious when using the terraces, especially with the children around. Don't worry upon arrival you will be informed of all the safety precautions for a safe and pleasant stay.
• Please keep in mind that the Mill is meant as a retreat for up to 6 people only. If you have anything else in mind, you must let me know ahead and get my permission before booking. All events, ceremonies, photo shoots, filming, etc. are subject to additional fees and safety deposit.
• Guests will receive a house manual with a full list of property details, rules and local recommendations upon arrival.
• If posting images of the Mill, please tag our Instagram @themillretreat and #millonkrka.