À propos de ce logement
The Historic Queen Isabel Inn is a private and quiet getaway, perfect for mature couples, business travelers, & fishermen. As a guest, you will have access to the swimming pool and cabana with views of South Padre Island and the Queen Isabella Memorial Causeway. If you're a fisherman, you'll love our fishing docks, boat ramp, boat slips and fish cleaning table located directly on the bay. All Spring Break guests unaccompanied by parents must be 25. No late Check-in without prior approval.
The Queen Isabel Inn, A Texas Historic Landmark & The Valley’s Oldest Seaside Resort
The Queen, built in 1906, is a Texas historic landmark and proud to have been honored by the Texas Historical Commission as a Texas Treasure in 2006. As the Laguna Madre area’s first hotel, built next to the Rio Grande Railroad Depot linking Point Isabel to Brownsville, the Queen became the first seaside resort in South Texas and for over a century has served as the venue for countless social events in our area’s history.
At the time of its construction, then President Theodore Roosevelt had popularized hunting, fishing, and outdoor activity as part of the conservation movement. Inspired by this movement, the Queen, originally named the Point Isabel Tarpon Fishing Club, was built by Ceasar Kleberg, the nephew of Robert J. Kleberg, the general manager of the King Ranch. Ceasar Kleberg became one of South Texas’ most prominent conservationists. The Ceasar Kleberg Foundation for Wildlife was founded at Texas A&I University in 1946.
The Queen hosted President-Elect Warren Harding in November, 1920, during his post-election vacation to South Texas. Ironically, the Queen’s manager, Dr. James Hockaday, was well known locally as “the only man in Point Isabel that did not vote for Harding.” Nevertheless, President Harding was warmly welcomed and proudly displayed his catch of the day to those in the dining room before it was cooked for him. From all accounts, the president enjoyed his stay before continuing his cruise to the newly opened Panama Canal.
Dr. Hockaday was an avid fisherman and in his desire to bring more tourists to the coast during the hot month of August, in 1934 he founded The Rio Grande Valley Fishing Rodeo, later to become known as the Texas International Fishing Tournament. Until it needed a much larger venue, TIFT held its annual tournament parties at the Queen. As Point Isabel’s only physician, Dr. Hockaday became its most beloved resident and served as Mayor of Port Isabel for five terms from 1956 through 1966.
The local Rotary Club was founded by several prominent residents at the Queen in 1936 and the club held its weekly Saturday luncheon meetings there until the price for lunch was increased from 35 cents to 50 cents. As the automobile became more popular, the railroad was less traveled and eventually ceased operation. However, throughout the 20th Century the Queen remained the area’s predominant setting for formal parties, school proms, weddings, and meeting venue for civic organizations and club meetings. And yes, the Rotary Club has been back to have its special celebrations.
Dozens of visitors come to the Queen every year to reminisce about their vacation as children, their wedding or honeymoon, or simply the elegant dinner they enjoyed in the dining room many years ago. Although jets and automobiles have replaced the railroad, the Queen remains as the oldest hotel and business in Cameron County. The Queen began tourism to the South Padre Island / Port Isabel area and continues to be the perfect getaway for couples who want to be close to the beach but avoid the crowds and traffic on South Padre Island.
Accès des voyageurs
As a Queen Isabel Inn guest you will have full access to our quiet and private grounds, boat ramp, boat slips, fishing docks and fish cleaning table, swimming pool, poolside cabana, gas and charcoal BBQ pits, and hotel lobby. Please follow all rules.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
Hotel staff and management are on-site daily and can be reached anytime by phone.
Please let us know if you will be bringing a boat trailer or any other large vehicles prior to making your reservation so that we can appropriately accommodate you.
- Check-In time is between 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. No late check-in without approval prior to reservation. Check-Out time is 11:00 a.m.
-All guests during Spring Break must be at least 25 years old.
- Room occupancy limits are strictly enforced. Any guest not registered will be required to leave the property.
- Each room is allowed two non-registered guests in the pool-BBQ area. No groups larger than six persons are allowed in the pool area without prior consent of the manager.
- All guest vehicles should display a Queen Isabel Inn parking Permit in the upper left windshield area.
- If you have a guest using the parking lot, please advise the manager of the guest’s vehicle.
- Any unauthorized vehicles will be towed at the owner’s expense.
- All rooms are Non-Smoking. Smoking is permitted on balconies, patios, and the pool cabana area.
- Unaccompanied children's curfew is 9:00 p.m.
- No dogs or other pets are allowed on the premises. Service dogs as defined
by and performing those tasks described by the Americans with Disabilities
Act are allowed if disclosed in the reservation information. Emotional support
animals are not allowed without a letter of prescription from a licensed
medical professional and host’s permission prior to making a reservation.
- Housekeeping is performed between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. If you have particular scheduling needs, please notify the Manager in advance.
- Your room is provided with a cooler. Beach chairs are available near the shuffleboard court for your use.
- Fishing poles, tackle, bait buckets and nets are available for complimentary use.
- A laundromat is located next to the garages. A soft drink machine is located in the laundromat.
- A First Aid kit is available from the Manager and housekeeper.
- THERE IS NO POOL LIFEGUARD ON DUTY. USE OF THE POOL AREA IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- ALL CHILDREN BELOW THE AGE OF 16 MUST BE ACCOMPANIED TO THE POOL AND BEACH AREA BY THEIR PARENTS OR GUARDIAN!
- NO DIVING. Please familiarize yourself with pool depths.
- NO GLASS OR BREAKABLE OBJECTS IN THE POOL AREA!
- Use of the pool after 9:00 p.m. must be done without noise. The pool is closed between midnight and 8:00 a.m.
- Please turn off cabana and bathroom lights when not in use.
- Barbecuing should be done only in the designated area. Please keep the barbecue clean for the next guest.
Si vous annulez jusqu'à 7 jours avant le voyage, vous recevez un remboursement à hauteur de 50 %. En cas d'annulation au cours des 7 jours précédant le voyage, la réservation est non remboursable.
Cet hôte a 28 commentaires pour d'autres propriétés.Voir d'autres commentaires
À propos du logement
Quand vous voyagez avec Airbnb, vous séjournez chez quelqu'un.