The upper floor of a renovated 120 year old fisherman's cottage. It's almost completely hidden away, a piece of Reykjavik history, on a quiet street in the very centre of town. Great for up to 6 people, with Reykjavik's lovely architecture, shops, museums, cafes, bars, bakeries, and restaurants within a few minutes walk. Some recent reviews of this beautiful apartment include: "Perfect location". "Brand new and with everything you could need". "Most comfortable beds we've ever experienced".
- A really lovely, quiet, spacious, two bedroom apartment.
- The bus to/from the airport stops just 200m away.
- Clean bedding and towels provided.
- Free wifi internet.
- A very quiet apartment (no immediate neighbours)
- One bedroom has a large double bed; the other has two single beds; and the living room has two sofas which can either be uses as single beds or made in to a double bed.
- Open plan kitchen / dining / living room with high ceilings and plenty of light.
- Heating, electricity, and hot water all included (of course).
- Fully equipped kitchen - utensils, cooking equipment, microwave, ...
- New appliances: Oven, fridge freezer, washing machine, ....
- Lots of basic essentials ready for you: milk, coffee, tea, breakfast cereals, toiletries, washing powder, etc.
- Reykjavik 101's best bakery is 100m away.
- Hallgimskirkja 150m away.
- Laugavegur (the main shopping street in central Reykjavik) 100m away.
Accès des voyageurs
You have sole use of the apartment and its terrace.
Car parking in this part of Reykjavik is free between 6pm and 9am weekdays and between 4pm Saturday and 9am Monday. Outside of those hours you can pay for parking using an App on your phone, so it should be easy to top up, about 2 Euro an hour. There's free all-day parking in some spots, which we can tell you about when you arrive.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
I live nearby so will be around to help out with anything you need. I've lived and worked in central Reykjavik most of my life, so can probably help out with most things.
There are young children living in the apartment below, so please be kind and keep this in mind (no unreasonable noise betwen 10pm and 7am, please).
Si vous annulez jusqu'à 7 jours avant le voyage, vous recevez un remboursement à hauteur de 50 %. En cas d'annulation au cours des 7 jours précédant le voyage, la réservation est non remboursable.
I'm a mother of 3 children, a school teacher and sports coach. I've lived and worked in Reykjavik most of my life but now live part of the year in the UK with my husband and 3 children. This lovely apartment, and me, are new Airbnb hosts because the apartment was my home until recently, but I'm really looking forward to being a host, to taking great care of the apartment and anyone who decides to stay there. This is going to be fun, for all of us!