4 bedroom, 4.5 bathroom with Private Pool
1. ACCOMMODATIONS: Each home is privately owned and reflects the Owner’s individual tastes and requirements. Do not rearrange furniture, TV’s, or remove any items. Neither Sea Star Realty (Agent) nor the Owner shall be responsible for providing any additional furnishings or appliances not presently in the home. Sea Star Realty is not responsible for errors/omissions; we reserve the right to correct such errors. All furnishings and equipment are subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure that the descriptions and amenities are accurate. All properties are inspected before and after each occupancy. Rental guests have full financial responsibility for all damages due to misuse, willful misconduct, negligence, or missing items.
2. CHECK-IN TIME IS BETWEEN 4 P.M. AND 5:30 PM EST AND CHECK-OUT IS 10 A.M. EST. Please do not check into the house early or check out late, our maintenance and cleaning crews need proper time to prepare the home for our next guest’s scheduled arrival. Please keep in mind that during Peak Season or in some instances it may be necessary to delay occupancy until the home is ready. If you arrive prior to 4:00pm, we suggest that you spend that time enjoying the beach, restaurants or other attractions until your scheduled check-in time. You will be given two (2) house keys at check-in - a fee of $25 will charged for lost keys and $75 for lockouts.
3. This is a NON-SMOKING home. All of our properties are non-smoking; if we find there has been smoking in the home, a $500 air quality fee will be charged to the guests plus any other costs to clean the premises.
4. PET POLICY: Most of our properties do not allow pets. If the property you rented is pet-friendly, you must disclose that you are bringing a pet at the time that you book the reservation. Cats are restricted from all properties. A non-refundable pet fee of $200 will be required for one pet – additional pets will require approval per management and fees will apply. All pet fees are non-refundable. Misrepresentation will result in eviction without a refund and a $500 fine to be automatically charged to the card on file. Sea Star Realty will not be held liable for damages incurred by the pet on property or at surrounding properties.
5. OPTIONAL SERVICES:
BEACH EQUIPMENT - Pack light and leave the bulky items to us - we deliver & pickup; all of our equipment is new and top quality. Please see Vacation Equipment Rental on our website to submit order. **All orders must received at least one week prior to your arrival date.**
6. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY: You must be at least 25 years of age or older in order to book and/or confirm a reservation. Rental agreements with our Owners prohibit rentals to school, church, fraternity, sorority, or other non-family groups, chaperoned or un-chaperoned unless all members are 25 years of age or older. Weddings or any other family event must be approved in writing by Sea Star Realty at time of reservation. The maximum number of overnight guests is limited to a specific number which is dependent upon the size and sleeping accommodations for the property you rented; exceptions are only made for infants. A guest list must be filled out and provided prior to check-in and must include names of each guest that will be staying at the property at any given time during your rental dates. Misrepresentation may result in eviction without refund; maximum occupancy is strictly enforced.
7. OPTIONAL TRAVEL INSURANCE: VACATION RENTAL INSURANCE - RedSky Trip Preserver has been offered with your reservation. Vacation Rental Insurance reimburses for pre-paid, non-refundable expenses due to certain unforeseeable circumstances that may jeopardize your vacation and force you to incur unplanned expenses. We strongly recommend you purchase this valuable protection. View a Description of Coverage/Policy at or on our website on the Travel Insurance page. Refunds will not be given for mandatory evacuations due to weather events.
8. LOCKED CLOSETS: Home owners often keep personal belongings in locked closets. All locked closets are strictly off limits; tampering with locked closets will be reported to local law enforcement authorities.
9. REPAIRS & MAINTENANCE: Our homes are well maintained and clean, but please understand that these homes can occasionally experience unexpected problems, just like your own. Please report any inoperative equipment or maintenance problems to our office immediately. We strive to keep them in good working condition and will do everything possible to repair any malfunction within a reasonable time frame. Sea Star Realty is not responsible for delays and/or service interruptions with utilities such as cable, internet access, power, water, phone services, etc. No refunds, credits, rate adjustments, property substitutions, or relocations will be issued for any mechanical failures including delays due to receiving parts needed for repairs, delays due to service and/or utility companies, and requests made outside operating hours or on holidays. We will do our best to have all repairs performed as quickly as possible; service calls after office hours may not be addressed until the next day. If you have any maintenance issues while in town please call our Home Services Manager, Chad Hovis.
10. AGENT ACCESS: It may be necessary to enter the property for the purpose of completing necessary maintenance; oftentimes it is impossible to notify you in advance of this work. In the event that the vacation home you are renting is on the market for sale, we may find the need to show the property during your stay. We will make every effort to schedule the showing at a convenient time for you as to not interrupt your vacation. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
11. LINENS: Sea Star Realty offers the most luxurious linens in the area. Including resort quality plush towels, hand towels, face cloths, bath mats and high thread-count sheets of superior quality for each bed in your vacation home (including sleeper sofas). In each bath you’ll find complimentary elegant soaps. Waiting for you in your kitchen are kitchen towels, along with some complimentary items, including gourmet coffee. Best of all, the beds will be made prior to your arrival and towels pre-hung in the bathrooms! **Linen Package is an additional charge that is included in your all-inclusive price - unless you have declined the package, this will appear as a separate line item on page 1.**
12. COMPLIMENTARY ITEMS: Upon check-in, the items as listed below will be at the property for use during your stay.
Kitchens - 1 roll of paper towels at kitchen sink, 1 individually wrapped sponge, 1 small bottle of dish soap, 1-pot serving of coffee grounds
Bathrooms - 1 travel size bar of soap at each sink and bathtub/shower. 1 complimentary roll of toilet tissue in each bathroom.
Other Areas - 1 liner in each trash can
**Any items needed in excess of what is provided above, will be the responsibility of the guest. Please note that dishwasher detergent is not provided**
13. LOST & FOUND: We are not responsible for personal items left behind. We ask that you please double check the entire house for all your belongings prior to your departure.
14. SPECIAL REMINDERS: All town and community ordinances are to be observed. If the home you are renting does not have a private beach access, please only use the public beach accesses and do not walk on private property. Construction projects occur periodically; Sea Star Realty has no control over construction projects and cannot predict construction schedules. As a result no rate adjustment, credit, refund, property substitutions, or relocations will be made for any inconvenience due to nearby construction, road repairs, beach re-nourishment projects, etc. We do not provide Electric vehicles (golf carts); should you choose to rent a golf cart from an independent rental company, be aware that these vehicles are subject to all laws and ordinances applicable to operations of a motor vehicle on public roads, including that all operators must possess a valid driver's license. Traffic laws and ordinances are enforced by local authorities. Guests shall comply with all applicable laws and ordinances, shall be liable for any damage or injury they or their invitees cause while operating an electric vehicle, and shall hold the property owners free and harmless from liability for such damage or injuries.
15. MAID SERVICE: Departure maid service is included in your reservation. Daily maid service is NOT included.
16. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS: Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit, and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check-in or may be evicted for misrepresentation.
17. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS: Any exceptions to any policies listed in this rental agreement must be approved in writing in advance.
18. PARKING: Vehicle parking is limited to the number advertised. Renters must park all vehicles in the driveway or garage; please, no parking on the grass or in the street. Sea Star Realty is not responsible for parking tickets or towing of vehicles.
19. NO-NO’s: Please refrain from any of the following; any violations may be cause for eviction without refund.
NO house parties. We accept families only.
NO Groups. (Fraternity, Sorority, student, and singles) Misrepresentation will result in eviction without refund. We will not rent to vacationing students or singles under 25 years of age unless accompanied by an adult guardian or parent.
NO grilling on decks or porches.
NO fireworks on any of the premises.
NO moving of furniture.
NO phone calls charged to unit phone.
NO washing automobiles at unit.
NO motor home or camper hook up.
20. HURRICANE OR STORM POLICY: No refunds will be given due inclement weather conditions, mandatory evacuations, or power outages. We STRONGLY recommend purchasing the optional travel insurance we offer though RedSky Trip Preserver (See Paragraph 10).
21. GUESTS PERSONAL PROPERTY: The Owners and/or the Agent are not responsible for the damage, loss, or theft of personal property, including but not limited to automobiles, motorcycles, recreational vehicles, personal items, and cash.
22. POOL POLICY:
If the home that you are renting has a pool, it is restricted for use only by the renter and those listed on the guest list; friends or family that are not staying on the premises and are not listed as guests are not allowed to use the pool.
Only experienced swimmers are permitted in the pool.
Children must be accompanied at all times by a parent or legal guardian.
Infant children must wear rubber pants when in the pool. No diapers are permitted. Children that are not potty trained are not permitted in the pool unless they are wearing properly fitting rubber pants.
No solo swimming is permitted.
No running is permitted.
Diving is not allowed. Please use steps and handrail when entering and exiting the pool.
No glass containers are permitted in the pool area.
Appropriate swimwear must be worn.
No pets or animals are allowed in the pool area.
No person under the influence of alcohol or drugs may use the pool.
Pool furniture must not be removed from the pool area.
In the event of a lightning storm, all persons should vacate the pool.
All pools are professionally maintained by the homeowners personal pool service (a third party). We are intent on assuring the pool is in proper working order for your stay, but pools have mechanical equipment that can break, need repair, or require special maintenance. We will do everything possible to repair any malfunction within a reasonable time frame. No refunds, credits, rate adjustments, property substitutions, or relocations will be issued for any mechanical failures including delays due to receiving parts needed for repairs.
Seasonal pool heating is available March 1st through May 31st and Sept 01st through Oct 31st at an additional charge; pool heating will not be available outside of these time frames. Please keep in mind the outside temperature must be at or above sixty (60) degrees; pool heaters are not effective in weather below sixty (60) degrees. There will be an additional charge for pool heat – please contact Sea Star Realty for more information. If you have ordered and paid for pool heat, the heater will be pre-set; guests should at no time attempt to operate or adjust the temperature setting on the pool heater. Unauthorized use or tampering with the pool heater is illegal and will be reported to local authorities – fines will apply.
23. WAIVER AND RELEASE FROM LIABILITY FOR USE OF PROPERTY:
Renter agrees To WAIVE AND RELEASE, indemnify, hold harmless and forever discharge The Agent and The Legal Owners of the Rental Property and its members, agents, employees, officers, directors, affiliates, successors and assigns, of and from any and all claims, demands, debts, contracts, expenses, causes of action, lawsuits, damages, and liabilities, of every kind and nature, whether known or unknown, in law or equity, that I ever had or may have, arising from or in any way related to my participation, or that of any child or children for whom I am legally responsible, in any of the events, or activities conducted on the rental premises provided that this waiver of liability does not apply to any acts of gross negligence, or intentional, willful, or wanton misconduct. That the use of the swimming pool or dock/pier may be considered inherently dangerous and may cause serious grievous injuries, including bodily injury, damage to personal property and/or death. The Renter, their children, heirs, assigns and next of kin, waive all claims for damages, injuries and death sustained to Renter, their children and any minors for which Renter is legally responsible. To assume any risk, and take full responsibility and waive any claims of personal injury, death or damage to personal property associated with use of this property, and its equipment in any manner, form or fashion, and practicing and/or engaging in swimming/diving or any water activities or other related activities on the premises. That the pool policy will be strictly adhered to by Renter and by any children for whom Renter is legally responsible or who is permitted to use the pool during Renters tenancy of the premises. To WAIVE AND RELEASE even after the termination of the activities conducted on the premises belonging to The Legal Owners of premises rented, whether by agreement, by operation of law, or otherwise.
24. LIMITATIONS OF REMEDIES, DAMAGES, AND IDEMNITY: In the event Agent or Owner is unable to deliver property to Guest under this agreement because of fire, eminent domain or Act of Nature, unavailable because of delay in construction or because of lack of water, sewer, power services, the property is sold, removed from rental program, or any other reason beyond Agent’s control, Guest hereby agrees that Agent, and Owner’s sole liability as a result of any of these conditions is the full refund of all considerations previously tendered by Guest pursuant to the terms of this agreement with the exception of fees listed above as non-refundable, and Guest expressly acknowledges that in no event shall Agent or Owner be held liable for any consequential or secondary damages, including but not limited to any expenses as a result of travel, cost of re-renting, etc. Guest also agrees in the case of a double booking, Guest will be entitled to full refund of all consideration previously tendered by Guest. Alternately, Agent will make all attempts to relocate Guest. Guest agrees to be responsible for any repairs necessary due to their negligence. Guest understands that Agent has the right to refuse service to anyone. In the event Owner or Agent has to resort to legal process to enforce rights under this agreement, Guest shall be responsible for reasonable Attorney fees and costs. Guest agrees this rental agreement is entered into in Georgetown County, SC and consents to personal jurisdiction and any proper court location therein. If Guest or any member of his/her party violates any of the conditions of this agreement, Agent may terminate this agreement and enter premises. Upon notice of termination of this agreement, Guest shall vacate the premises immediately without refund.
25. DEPARTURE GUIDELINES & GUEST RESPONSIBILITIES:
Upon departure & to avoid extra charges, guests are required to complete the following:
Check-out by 10:00 am on date of departure as stipulated in this agreement. A fee of $200 will be charged should property not be vacated promptly at 10:00 am causing a delay to the cleaning crew.
Load all dirty dishes in dishwasher & run. A fee of $150 will be charged for dirty dishes.
Take out all trash and push cart(s) to curbside. A fee of $150 will be charged for trash take-out.
Empty fridge & freezer.
Strip sheets off all beds and leave inside by door, along with towels. A fee of $25 per bed will charged to unmake each bed. A $20 fee will be charged per piece for missing or destroyed linens.
Please leave all pillows, mattress pads and bedspreads on beds - if soiled, leave with sheets to be laundered. A fee of $100 will be charged for each stained or destroyed bedspread.
Leave all outside areas, including pool deck, parking area, porches, shower & grill clean. A fee of $50 will be charged for any trash clean-up at outside areas.
Depending on weather, Leave AC on 75 or Heat on 55.
Leave ALL lights, fans, tv’s, etc. OFF.
Double check house for all your belongings – We are not responsible for lost or left behind items.
Lock doors and return keys to lockbox. A fee of $25 will be charged for each missing key.