After operating 3 of Liverpool’s top Airbnb listings in our amazing Georgian Quarter townhouse, we’ve decided to revamp the huge basement into a plush 2-bed courtyard apartment (for you) and a cool workspace (for us). It’s nicely located and newly refurbished, so come and check it out!
You’ll be blown away by our recently renovated 2-bedroom basement apartment. The first thing you’ll notice is the fact you’ll have your own entrance via a big tranquil garden down a few historic steps which take you into the well-appointed deluxe kitchen. But we think you’ll really love the light and airy feel of the whole place and the exotic opulence of the en-suite master bedroom that comes with a gorgeous south-facing courtyard.
Then there’s the second bedroom – it’s just down the corridor and has a 1960s dressing table, a huge wardrobe, and a nice sash window that looks up into the huge Plane trees of Falkner Square. The sleeping arrangements here consist of a brand-new sofa bed from John Lewis that’s a little smaller than a standard double, so we’ve included another single fold-out single bed just in case you need some extra space. Anyone staying in the second bedroom gets their own washroom that has a bath, sink and shower, with the separate shared toilet next door.
There’s a good chance you’ll have the place to yourselves during your stay here because we’ll only be in the basement when we're at our workspace next door.
But we’ve made sure that our office is totally separate from your bedrooms, so even if we are around, the only shared spaces will be the smaller third toilet and the kitchen. We enter the building via a separate door too and the old wine cellar acts as a great dividing corridor, so we think the setup makes for a perfect use of a big basement.
Need something? We live in the big house above (which is totally separate from where you'll be staying, by the way), so we should be nearby most of the time to give you some tips about the city, etc.
The apartment where you’ll be staying is centrally located yet set back from the bustle. It's a great place to base yourself for your stay in the most historic part of Liverpool. The whole places oozes class and history, and we can’t wait to show you what we’ve done with the place – stay here soon!
This really is one of the best houses in town where you’ll be getting a true Airbnb experience: we’re not one of those multi-property agents and we live in the huge house upstairs, so every penny we make goes back into maintaining the whole building.
This wonderfully historic house was at the centre of the Pre-Raphaelite art scene in the 1860s; it's where the kerosene vaporiser was invented at the turn of the 20th century and Oscar-winning actress Vivian Leigh is rumoured to have undergone electric shock therapy here in the 1950s!
PERFECT FOR LONG STAYS
• All furniture and beds are brand new!
• Super-comfy beds
• Luxurious bed linen, blankets and towels
• Easy on-street parking (just ask for the parking permit, but please don’t lose it!)
• Soap, shampoo and conditioner
• Iron and ironing board
• Microwave, dishwasher, oven, and everything else you're likely to need to cook up a storm
• Breakfast isn't included, but you'll have a well-appointed kitchen to make meals yourself, plus we'll supply you with eggs from our hens whenever they lay
Accès des voyageurs
You'll get your own keys and you can come and go as you please. You can park very near the entrance of the apartment and you can use our parking permit, but please don’t lose it!
Feel free to use everything you see and even though breakfast isn’t included, you’re very welcome to help yourself to whatever’s in the kitchen – we use it for our office, so it should be well stocked with tea, coffee, some fruit, and a few eggs from our hens if they lay on the day of your stay.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
• We live at the house next door, so just let us know if you need anything during your stay – from restaurant recommendations to directions, we'll always be happy to help. .
• Children and babies are also welcome and please ask at the time of booking if you need to borrow anything and we'll try our best to help.
• All rooms have just been amazingly refurbished and redecorated but all the beautiful period details are still intact. The whole place has wow factor, and you’re gonna love the exposed brickwork.
• There's a great Georgian Park around the corner.
– Check-In after 3pm and Check-Out before 11am. (We try to be flexible regarding arrival times, but unfortunately we can't offer a 24-hour reception. Please ask about early/late check-ins before booking.)
– Please ensure the front door and gate are fully locked at all times. And please lock the front door from the inside while you’re in the apartment too.
– The people working at our office next door also use the kitchen, so please keep it nice and clean and tidy.
– Lost or not returned keys will incur a £100 replacement charge (due to the cost of changing the locks).
– No smoking indoors. (There's an ashtray in the courtyard.)
– Any extra guests not mentioned at the time of booking will not be allowed to stay.
– Third-party bookings aren't permitted and you can only book this place if you're staying here yourself. Please ask the person for whom you're enquiring to send us a booking request using their own Airbnb account.
– Unfortunately this address doesn’t have a post box, so please don’t send anything like concert or match tickets here. Sorry!
*** Partying should be reserved for the many pubs, bars and clubs of the city centre. We're looking to host mature, respectful and considerate adults. We're not boring, we just want you to respect the place like you would your own ***
I'm a fastidious editor, a perfectionist writer, an ever-improving husband, a scarily new father, and the co-host of Liverpool’s most popular Airbnb listings. (Not in that order of importance.) I’m also a Liverpool FC season ticket holder and a big fan of all things New Orleans, but that's enough about me.
Me and my wife Flo are proud to have set the benchmark for homestays in The Georgian Quarter. Yet for us, hosting has never been about turning a big profit, but just making some money to help pay for the upkeep of our wonderful home. We've hosted so many lovely people from all over the world at our huge house and its attached annexe and basement, and we’ve made so many good friends along the way – we’re looking forward to meeting you, too!
The exemplary service we offer can be put down to the unforgettable experiences of our own travels. We’ve learned so much about hosting from being guests everywhere from New Orleans and San Diego to Istanbul and El Calafate, and it’s been great seeing how other nearby hosts have taken inspiration from what we’re doing – often imitated and all that...
The amount of Airbnb listings in Liverpool has quadrupled since we started doing this a while ago. But our beautifully restored historic house, our wealth of hosting experience and our in-depth knowledge of the city (I’m Liverpool born and raised) means we’re still the best.
Check out our listings now!