À propos de ce logement
Live big, in a tiny house! The Q't C Getaway guest will feel as though this tiny home rental is their own “home away from home”. The mission of Q't C Getaway is to be the most unique choice in Queen Charlotte for temporary lodging.
We plan to be more than just a great place to go and sleep.
See what the hype and the tiny movement is all about!? Experience true tiny living with this 170 sq ft gem - it's a true tiny!
Give tiny living a try in our home sweet tiny home.
It's important to note that the house, is a TINY house. You'll get to experience the definition of tiny living, first hand. We've done what we needed to do to make sure you have everything you'll need for your Haida Gwaii vacation but it needs to be recognized that this style of accommodation will not suit everyone.
The main lofts are accessible by ladder which is why we don't recommend small children or people with mobility issues/concerns.
Sleeping; The unit has two sleeping lofts which are private from outside but not private from each other on the inside. This translates to us being great for small families but maybe not for multiple couples... There is a main sleeping loft (for two) with a foam topped queen mattress, a smaller loft with a double futon mattress (ok for two middle aged children or 1 adult/older child). If needed I can offer a very basic sleeping area in the "living room" for a young(er) child who can not use the ladder to access the loft (It would be a mat for living room sleeping).
**Bedding for the smaller loft and the basic sleeping area will be provided with confirmed guest count so please ensure you note how many guests, or they may end up with no bedding.
The kitchen; The interior kitchen space is beautiful, but it's basic! You'll have what you need to prepare your food for an outdoor bbq'd meal. The tiny house kitchen has a mini sink, a mini fridge, a mini french press, a mini kettle, a mini toaster oven and a mini prep area with mini storage space. You'll find basic supplies to get you started but be prepared to cook outside... We can lend items such as crock pots with notice! The kitchen should have everything you require, but if there's something you need just let us know, we can run it down to you. We will also be sure to start you off with some light snacks as we know most people will arrive late (or very very early) and hungry.
The bathroom; You'll find a fairly mini shower, a mini vanity and a regular sized toilet (We opted for full size here, no need to thank us). We will supply you with locally made soap and we will also stock shampoo and conditioner so you can travel lightly. We will also make sure you have toilet paper, and towels. Our bathroom (and kitchen) also features hot water on demand but we ask that you respect the planet and make the water use minimal.
The living room; It has a tiny sofa and tiny table and a tiny bit of storage space.
Entry; We created a tiny foyer! You'll find two shoe racks and a place to hang your coat.
Need something else(?); Just let us know and we will see what we can do! One of my children will also be happy to rent you a cooler while your here for beach trips!
Accès des voyageurs
Wifi (limited- please see house rules)
Échanges avec les voyageurs
You should feel like the Tiny home is your own home away from home. We're here if you need us, but we may not even see each other. The unit is located across the highway from the ocean at the front of our family property, directly in front of our family home - don't worry, you won't be looking at us, you'll be staring at your beautiful ocean-views.
There's plenty of space between our home and your unit. Our hope is that you'll be comfortable enough with what we're created that you feel like your staying in your own tiny vacation home! How will you get in, just ask after booking.
We are a very busy young working family (born and raised on HG). We have two children and three small dogs (We'll do our best to keep them away from your space). Our pugs don't see well, and they find humans intimidating- they're likely to bark at you until they catch a scent and realize your human ;). The boy is Stewart and our girl (with the quiet almost non existent bark) is Fea. We have an older white Terrier (Otis) and we ask that you not pet her, she's incredibly old (14) and very sensitive.
Our oldest daughter is bilingual, so if your primarily French speaking - don't worry, she'll help out!
House rules: We know, rules suck - so, we’ll make it quick!
1. No smoking (within 5 meters of dwelling(s))
2. No pets
3. No parties (Laughs around the fire are totally ok just remember your in a residential neighbourhood)
4. Do not remove items from the home/ property with the exception of; coolers, umbrella, reusable shopping bags
5. Electricity; Please turn lights off when not required. Make sure heat is off if the front door or windows are open and have it turned down when your not home. Close all windows before you leave. Unplug the toaster and kettle when not in use
6. Water; Please keep water use (shower times) to a minimum. Here on HG we're very concerned about the environment and our footprint - respect Mother Earth. Plus, you don't want to run out of propane.
7. Internet; It's very... very expensive. HG does not have all you can use packages and once we reach our monthly limit it's cut off until next month so make sure there's plenty to go around. We don't allow downloading, large uploads or streaming. Use it to connect with friends, check up on emails - but please, we ask that you limit your wifi use and make sure your kids understand this rule. We encourage you to enjoy the view, a book, your family or friends! Limit screen time - it's too beautiful here.
8. Quiet times are 11:00pm-7:00am on weekdays and 11:00pm-9:00am on weekends
9. Absolutely no eating or drinking in the lofts/ beds (water is an exception)
Si vous annulez jusqu'à 7 jours avant le voyage, vous recevez un remboursement à hauteur de 50 %. En cas d'annulation au cours des 7 jours précédant le voyage, la réservation est non remboursable.
Aucun commentaire (pour l'instant)
Ce logement n'a reçu aucun commentaire. Si vous y séjournez, votre commentaire apparaîtra ici.