I was an airbnb host for about 6 months with my previous residence until I decided to sell the house. I had great experiences with the guests I hosted. Some of them came back multiple times.
Now I am in my newly remodeled new residence. Fakhry is the first guest and stayed for a whole month. Since before his month ended, I haven't checked airbnb website until now. Because of his stay, I wasn't sure if I wanted to continue to host airbnb any more. I didn't bother to write a review for him because I didn't want to remember this guy at all.
Today, airbnb notified me that I received a poor review and I should look into it. So here I am.
Below are a few simple facts:
1. I had already declined him initially, but he kept messaging so I eventually agreed to his stay for a month. (Pushy?)
2. He said he needed a place to stay because of divorce. In response to my question if his children would come to my house to visit, he said all of his children were grown, married, and moved away. But on the checking-in day, his teenage son came with him. (Honesty?)
3. He brought his own bedding, the oder from which I could smell sitting at kitchen counter. (Clean?)
4. In his private comment, he mentioned my carpet is not clean. But there is no carpet in his whole space at all - zero carpet downstairs, the bedroom/bathroom and all common areas are downstairs. (Lies?)
... The list could go on, but I don't want to waste more of my time on this person. So to wrap up,
5. Finally, he wanted to stay at my house for long term, I told him there will be no extension beyond the one month, at which he even tried, unsuccessfully, to negotiate for a short term extension or extra days. (Why????)