The Lodge at Camp Oak Hill sleeps 28 guests. The two sleeping areas each have 7 bunks (14 beds) and a full bath with 2 showers. The lower level has a fully-stocked kitchen, a full bath, combined dining and gathering areas.
Our base price includes 12 guests and free use of WiFi, swimming pool and picnic pavilion. Additional guests pay $30 a night. Children 5 and under stay free.
NOTE: Airbnb only calculates up to 16 guests. Groups with more than 16 may pay the balance upon arrival.
The Amish-built Lodge is two floors each with ground level entry. It has two sleeping areas on the upper level.*
The 2 sleeping areas are on the upper level and accommodate a total of 28 guests.
Each sleeping area includes:
• 7 bunks (14 beds)
• Bathroom w/two showers, two countertop sinks and two toilets
•Baseboard electric heat
•Air conditioning (window units)
The lower level is a common area and includes:
• Full kitchen
• Full private bath with tub/shower
• Table seating for 28
• Lounge/meeting space
• Wood Stove
• Electric baseboard heat
Free WiFi is available.
*BEDDING, TOILETRIES AND TOWELS ARE NOT PROVIDED* We have a few sets of sheets, blankets, and towels if anyone in your party forgets to bring them, but only a very limited number.
Accès des voyageurs
Other amenities for guest use include:
• Swimming Pool (see photo!)*
• Picnic Pavilion – 80 people**
• Basketball Court
• Volleyball Court (sand)
• Campfire Circle
• Amphitheatre in the woods
• Chapel in restored barn with locally made stained glass – seats 30 people***
• Commercial Kitchen and/or 60-seat dining hall (by special arrangement)
*The pool is free for all overnight guests. Community people also use the pool, but you may reserve the pool for exclusive use by your group for a 2-hour block for free on each FULL day of your stay with us.
**Overnight guests have free unlimited use of the picnic pavilion and grill unless it is reserved by others. If you want to guarantee its availability at a certain time, you may reserve it for $35 an hour.
***Guests have unlimited free priority use of he chapel in the restored barn.
****The Lodge has its own kitchen and eating area, but the commercial kitchen and dining hall may be reserved by special arrangement.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
Someone will meet you upon your arrival at Camp Oak Hill. During your stay, a staff member will always be available to assist with facility issues. You will also be given a cell number to use to text or call for information or assistance.
1. Check-in is any time after 10 am. Check-out is 3 pm. (We are flexible, just ask if you need to check in earlier or want to check out later and we will see what we can do.)
2. If you have more guests than included in your original reservation, you may pay for the additional guests upon arrival with a check payable to Camp Oak Hill. The cost is $30 a night per person. Also, since Airbnb only calculates up to 16 guests, groups with more than 16 may also pay the balance for additional guests upon arrival.
3. Bedding, toiletries, towels and wash cloths are NOT provided. We have a few sheets, blankets, pillows and towels if anyone in your party forgets to bring them, but only a very limited number.
4. WiFi is available on the campoakhill_ext network. The password is GravelRoad53. Cell phone service at the camp is excellent.
5. The kitchen in the Lodge is stocked with pots, pans, cooking and eating utensils, plates, glasses, cups, toaster, microwave, stove/oven, refrigerator with top freezer and coffee maker. Anything left by previous guests that does not spoil such as salt, pepper, tea or coffee is available for your use but are not provided by Camp Oak Hill.
6. We stock toilet tissue and paper towels in the bathrooms. Guests must supply paper towels and napkins for kitchen and dining use. Large trash bags are kept in the kitchen for guest use.
7. The Lodge has baseboard heat, space heaters and a wood stove that some groups like to use for heat and the cozy environment it creates in cooler weather. Firewood is provided. The Lodge also has window air conditioning in the sleeping areas that may be used from June through September.
8. Your group may use the Pavilion. It has a charcoal grill (bring your own charcoal), 10 picnic tables, electrical outlets and lights.
9. The pool is free for all overnight guests. Community people also use the pool, but you may reserve the pool for exclusive use by your group for a 2-hour block for free on each FULL day of your stay with us. The pool is open from Memorial Day weekend until sometime after Labor Day. There is lighting for night swimming. IMPORTANT: There is no lifeguard. An adult (21+) MUST be present whenever children 12 and under are in the pool area. Glass containers are not permitted inside the fence.
10. We have basketball and volleyball courts and a shed with sports equipment for guest use.
11. Guests are welcome to use the campfire circles near the basketball courts and the Pavilion. Firewood is provided.
12. The amphitheatre in the woods near the Lodge is available for guest use.
13. Camp Oak Hill water comes from a very deep well and is regularly lab tested to ensure it meets PA Department of Environmental Resources health standards for drinking water and it is fabulous!
14. We have no ice machine, but convenience stores that sell ice are only a five minute drive.
15. All overnight facilities and the camp kitchen each have a first aid kit, smoke detectors and annually-tested fire extinguishers. For emergencies, the Jennersville Hospital is a 15 minute drive -- Directions are posted. For non-emergency medical needs, directions are posted to the Quarryville Clinic (30 minutes but less expensive).
16. The safest place in severe weather is the ground floor of the Lodge. It is below ground level on the Northwest side where the worst storms originate.
17. As with all time spent in fields and wooded areas in Northeastern United States, it is wise to check for ticks. Detailed information is posted in the sleeping areas and on our website.
18. Camp Oak Hill is better than most for bugs and mosquitoes in the hot weather months in PA, but guests might want to bring bug and insect spray just in case.
19. Smoking is allowed outdoors. No smoking in any buildings.
20. Responsible use of alcohol is permitted. Responsible means both legal age and common sense behavior must be observed.
21. There are beautiful horse farms, nurseries and private homes down the gravel road in both directions from the camp. All of our neighbors are very friendly, but we ask you to be respectful and refrain from walking on their property. A special note about the horse farms. You may stand at the fences and see if the horses come to you, but by all means stay outside the fences and do not do anything that might startle the horses.
More questions? Just ask, we are always available to answer your questions both before and after you book your stay with us.
All groups must have one person who is at least 21 years old.
There is no lifeguard at the pool. An adult (21+) MUST be present whenever children 12 and under are in the pool area.
No glass containers are permitted inside the pool fence.
No smoking in any buildings.
Responsible use of alcohol is permitted. Responsible means both legal age and common sense behavior must be observed.
Cet hôte a 6 commentaires pour d'autres propriétés.Voir d'autres commentaires
We are Curt & Judy Ashburn from Washington, DC, we have been running Camp Oak Hill in Southern Lancaster County, PA as a summer camp and retreat center since 1987. Judy grew up on a farm in Lancaster County, PA and she is at the camp as much as possible, but we also have resident managers that live on the camp grounds. Hosting families and groups through Airbnb has been a terrific way to introduce people to the beauty and peacefulness of Camp Oak Hill. We have enjoyed getting to know the Airbnb community!