Our spacious and cosy apartment is in the centre of The Hague at a ten minute walk from The Hague Central Station. It has the following distinctive features, which make it very suitable for a leisure and or business visit to The Hague and surroundings:
• The bedroom has a bed capacity for 2 (3) people;
• The dining room table fits 8 people;
• With its surface of 110m, high and decorated ceilings, wooden floor, and open view on front the apartment is light, sunny, and spacious and has a very pleasant atmosphere;
• The apartment is close to shopping, culture, arts centres, and vacation resorts as well as governmental agencies, embassies, and international organisations and companies;
• Various good restaurants including Michelin recommended establishments are in the immediate vicinity;
• City public transport, street and garage parking are at some 2 to 8 minutes walk.
Our light, sunny, and spacious apartment in the centre of The Hague is around the corner of the exquisite 13th century Lange Voorhout lane and within ten minutes walk from The Hague Central Station.
It is located on the corner above our nice and cosy Jazz bar. Heading up the stairs leads you to the hall where there is a toilet and a office space. Coming thru the doors take you in to our open and spacious living, dining room, kitchen which has high and original ceilings and the living room has an open fire place. In style with the character of the house and the original and decorated high ceilings we have furnished it in a modern yet warm style.
Going one level up takes you to our bedroom and above that on the top corner is our second bedroom that we rent out. It has a double bed (2,00X1,60) and an en-suite bathroom. Located on the top corner the room has an open and fair view overlooking the Dr. Kuyperstraat and the Laan van Roos en Doorn.
The apartment has very pleasant atmosphere and its spaciousness and central location make it an ideal place to stay.
LOCATION, CULTURE, AND LEISURE
The Denneweg is a popular and vibrant street with antique and fashion shops and a variety of good restaurants. It is close to business, government, and international organisations as well as shopping, culture, arts centres and the top North Sea resort Scheveningen Beach is at a fifteen minute drive or twenty minute tram trip, which saves you the trouble of traffic congestion and parking.
Just around the corner is the Escher Museum and across the Lange Voorhout lane are the 13th century Binnenhof (Inner Court), Buitenhof (Outer Court) with Ridderzaal (Knights' Hall), and the Mauritshuis, a formal palace exhibiting a superb collection of Dutch masterpieces from the 17th and 18th centuries. At a ten minutes walk is the impressive Panorama Mesdag housing a 360 degree panoramic view of the Scheveningen Sea painted in 1881.
A brief trip by tram brings you to attractions, such as Madurodam, the very popular miniature city depicting Dutch architecture and culture and the Omniversum with its collection of fascinating 3D educational films. A twenty minute trip by car or bus brings you to the holiday and amusement park Duinrell.
For sun and or sea lovers, young and old, of course the top North Sea resort Scheveningen with its wide beach is a major attraction and at some ten minutes by tram or car.
The Denneweg has a variety of restaurants, such as French, Italian, Spanish, Thai, Chinese, and fish, steak, and lunch and breakfast places. Just around the corner are more very good restaurants. Michelin recommended restaurants are amongst others the exquisite Hotel Des Indes, Calla's, Sauer, Le Bistroquet, Les Ombrelles, and Maxime.
• Paid parking in the surrounding streets at € 2.60 to 2.10 per hour;
• Paid parking in garages at € 2.00 per 50 minutes and € 24.00 per day—at a four minutes walk;
• Free parking is at a five minutes drive and a three stop tram trip to-and-from (always check the free parking as the municipality might have changed the rules).
Originally from the UK, I moved here in 2002 and now happily living in our beautiful apartment with my (dutch) partner not far away from the Dutch and International school where I work and above our cosy little Jazz cafe.
We enjoy having people over and making them feel welcome to our apartment and the beautiful city that we live in and we provide maps and guides to help make your stay here perfect.
Wish you a happy and pleasant stay in The Hague!