Marta was very gracious and helpful. When we arrived, she greeted us and gave us what information she had available. The condo is on the Bahia Principe Resort which is made up of 4 all inclusives and private residences (of which this is apartment is a part of). The experience was wonderful: it had the comforts of staying at a resort, with the flexibility, privacy independence of travelling outside of one.
Mat and Marta run a property management company and this is a new property for them, so there are still bugs to work out, that I hope will be resolved before the next guests arrive.
1. The condo is beautiful. Well designed and laid out. The bedrooms were spacious and bright, with high ceilings and large sliding doors.
2. They had pots and pans in the kitchen and cleaning supplies (but not cleaning products).
3. They place was generally clean.
4. Access to resort pool (closest one is the Sian Kaan - all free) and lobby bars (paid)
5. Can purchase all inclusive day passes for $60USD
6. Can purchase meal vouchers for buffet and snack bars for $36USD
7. Gorgeous rooftop
9. Private beach access (20-40 minutes taking into account walking, waiting and taking the train)
10. Easy to catch a collectivo or taxi to Tulum, Akumal, Playa del Carmen
11. Very safe, security in area 24hours/day
12. Two pools in the cul-de-sac behind condo. Quiet and private.
13. Great golfing
14. Wifi available (for a fee) at the resort
1. There was a really big mould issue, with black mould on the ceilings, doors and bed frames. Someone came to clean the mould off the ceilings, but by the end of the week, it had appeared again. The mould on the doors and headboard were not cleaned, we had to do it.
2. Bed linens were stained yellow (probably from the humidity). They were replaced after two days, they were supposed to be replaced the next day.
3. If you don't have a car, walking to the main building takes 15 minutes. From there, you can take a free 'train' to the beach/resorts on the beach side). Sometimes, the gentlemen at Sian Kaan will drive you back to the condo (a tip is a great a way to show appreciation). Having bicycles available would be a great convenience.
4. Being a new rental, there were no cleaning products available. Nothing in the pantry, no extra linens, towels, dish cloths.
5. Severe musty smell (because of the mould?). We tried to leave the doors open as much as we could to get rid of it, but we just couldn't make it go away.
6. Laundry services in the next town (Akumal), not on the resort.