Rustic cottage with all the amenities, beautiful beach, 3 bedrooms. Relax and enjoy. Three season cottage available from May to October.
Cottage Sullivan – Swallow’s nest #7 Horseshoe Bay Road, Sheenboro, Québec J0X 2Z0
Please find enclosed some information that will hopefully help you to plan and enjoy your holiday. Here is an itinerary from Pembroke. Please note the following correction however: after you turn right on to Downey’s Bay road instead of Tripp road north (name change by the municipality), in about 1 KM you will turn left on Tapp Road and in 300M left on Horseshoe Bay Road. Go up the big hill and the cottage is on the right. The Cottages 7 and 9 share a driveway.
Located on the Ottawa River near Old Fort William Québec, two hours west of Ottawa-Gatineau, enjoy the private setting of this comfortable cottage situated on a very large lot with mature trees and its own sandy beach. A great waterway for boating, kayaking and other water sports.
Construction dating for the 70’s and the decor as well, this rustic cottage is cute and cozy. This cottage has many amenities including a balcony off the master bedroom, well equipped kitchen, a fireplace and pine floors. Open concept kitchen, dining, living room, three bedrooms, one complete bathroom and a lovely beach.
Included in rental: dishes, kitchen and bath towels (6), cleaning supplies, pots and pans, and other kitchen utensils, BBQ and propane, firewood for the foyer and campfires, pillows and blankets. The cottage is equipped with a microwave, coffeemaker (Keurig), toaster, kettle, TV, DVD, canoe and peddle boat (shared with # 9).
Cottage is to be left in the same state as it was rented.
Sleeps up to 8 guests. Relax and enjoy!
Important information to keep in mind:
1) The running water in the cottage is river water so bring your own drinking water. There is a 5 gallon blue water jug provided to get you started.
2) The cottage is located in a remote area with some wild life so please keep garbage in garbage cans and don’t throw bones in the bush; raccoons and bears just love it when people do that.
3) Garbage – there is no garbage pick-up, but the dump is open 3 days a week; Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. The dump is located on Sarah Line so just turn right at the top off Lighthouse Road. It is about 2km on the right. You can give the number 369.
4) Linens and towels: most people prefer to bring their own linens. Pillows and blankets are provided. If you are travelling from abroad, we can provide linens for a $25 charge for the duration of your stay. Bath towels and faces clothes are provided. These are not beach towels.
5) No smoking in the cottage
6) Open fires – according to the Sopfeu advertisements (URL HIDDEN) no fires if the risk is high (élevé). There is firewood under the cottage deck towards the river.
7) Equipment: there is a canoe and a peddle boat shared between the 2 cottages, there are a minimum of lifejackets in each cottage (4).
8) Internet and telephone service: most phones work at the cottage on the deck, 3G as well. There is no Internet at the cottage but in the village of Sheenboro there is an access centre with wireless wifi. You can park beside the municipal office (the old red school – follow the road between the church and the parish hall just passed the graveyard) and log on to Sheen Cap. No password required.
9) Pets – certain pets allowed
Sheenboro and Fort William are located in Pontiac County so I have included naturally the Pontiac County guide (URL HIDDEN)
You have to visit Fort William which is only 5 minutes away – one of the most beautiful beaches in the area and with a hotel and bar to boot. Fort William (URL HIDDEN)
Northfork in Chichester (URL HIDDEN) is close by about 15 minutes and offers great meals in a beautiful country setting.
There is a riding stable (URL HIDDEN) in Sheen as well. They also offer paragliding if you are feeling adventurous.
Chichester Groceries (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) is well equipped and even has some very good take-out Pizza.
In Chapeau, don’t miss Karl’s Bakery, Conroy’s Grocery and the new «Ancienne Banque» restaurant and brew pub.
I would suggest a visit to the Fort Coulonge Chutes and Aerial Park that is about 30 minutes from the cottage. (URL HIDDEN)
In Fort Coulonge (Davidson), you will find Esprit Rafting that offers the best white water rafting around. Jim Coffey and his team are our Canadian champions. It is important to reserve ahead of time at (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) or (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) or (URL HIDDEN)
There is also a really beautiful heritage home in Fort Coulonge called Spruceholme that has added a Bistro that is beautiful and affordable. (URL HIDDEN)
Boat rentals: For canoes there is Black River Expeditions at (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) they will even deliver to the cottage and have in the past. Fees are about 30$ a day per canoe with paddles and life jackets. Deliver charge is about 75$
Pembroke is only 40 minutes from the cottage and has all that you need, cinema, shopping, restaurants and drug stores. (URL HIDDEN)
My favorite places in Pembroke:
1) Ullrich’s butcher shop and Deli and Ullrich’s on Main located at 214 main street downtown (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN). They are on (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN).
Hello and welcome to my region. I am from Sheenboro and live in Montebello so I travel the Outaouais often from one end to the other and it still amazes me. I hope that you will discover the beauty of this region, the warmth and hospitality of its people and its many treasures.