Entire Lower Floor and breakfast is included! Private entrance. 2 Bedrooms; Full bath; Large TV/Lounge room. Microwave, coffee pot,& refrigerator. Sleeps up to 6 comfortably. Two Queens & a full size bunk, hide-a-bed & 2 couches. Close to Mt. Hood & Hood River. In Winter traction tires /chains may be required.
Our house is an older modified A-Frame with lots of character, gorgeous views and clean rooms. The rented space includes the entire lower floor which can easily accommodate up to 6 guests.
Breakfast is included so be sure to let us know if you have any dietary restrictions! Coffee maker and micro wave & refrigerator are provided.
Queen Bedroom - Spacious and airy, this large room has 2 Queen beds, night tables, lamps, a dresser and mirror. The 3 picture windows look out over the beautiful East Hills. The room has it's own separate entrance door which leads out to a patio for sitting or for storing your gear. Soft cotton sheets, cushy comforters, throws & pillows will make your sleep restful. A full bath stocked with towels, a hair dryer, soap & shampoo is located just around the corner.
Bunk Bedroom - Quiet and cozy, this small room is conveniently located next to the full bath. It has a bunk bed with a full size mattress on the bottom and a single top bunk with a ladder for easy access. There's a handy bedside table with reading lamp and a bookcase full of fiction & non-fiction books for your enjoyment!
The spacious TV/lounge is the best feature. Complete with comfy recliners and couches, soft blankets and throw pillow, you'll be relaxed and having fun within minutes. Entertain yourselves with a game of darts, choose one of the many DVD movies in our collection.
Accès des voyageurs
The rented space has a private entrance conveniently located just around the corner from the garage. Check-in time is 3:00 pm; Check-out time is 11 am. You will have access to the large south deck overlooking Mt. Hood and National Forest. The North Deck overlooks Mt Adams, Mt Rainier and the Lower Hood River Valley. There is no kitchen in the space, but micro wave & refrigerator are provided. Parking is plentiful as well as accessible places for storing gear. You can park right up next to the attached garage. Please do not leave your car anywhere other than in our parking area. Call us if you need assistance. Parked cars tend to get in the way of farm tractors and other equipment and vehicles. And we wouldn't want your vehicle at risk of damage.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
Steve and I are anxious to meet and get to know all our guests., but we respect your privacy foremost. So, whether you prefer to "go it alone" or if you welcome some assistance, we will make ourselves available to provide area information and tips. Most of all, we want you to relax and have fun!
Unfortunately, pets are not allowed, but feel free to use ours as often as you like for some quality pet and cuddle sessions. Our Newfoundland Shasta will be more than accommodating! Feel free to let us know if you'd like us to keep her away from your comfort zone. She is a large breed dog with a big heart and she sometimes like to give big kisses! A note for people allergic, we do have a cat (Rosie) but she lives on the upper level of the house and is not allowed in the guest space.
Because we are part of a working farm, occasionally you will hear the sounds of tractors and other farm activity from the orchard early and late. Steve and I are committed to your comfort and we will do everything we can to be sure that your stay with us is as peaceful and restful as we can make it.
HOUSE RULES –
* CHECK IN: Yay! 3pm or after. CHECK OUT: Boo Hoo! 11:00am
* WATCH OUT! - Our property is part of a working farm and orchard. Please be on the look out for and respectful of workers, tractors, farm dogs and trucks. Drive with caution up and down the driveway. SPEED LIMIT:10 mph.
* THANK YOU for not flushing tampons or sanitary napkins down the toilet. There is a trash bin in the bathroom.
* PHONE: Message: ((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)). Text or Message: ((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN))
* SHOES off outside by the entrance door is appreciated.
* PARKING: Next to the brown attached garage with white doors. Your room is just around the corner! Please do not leave your car anywhere other than in our parking area. Parked cars on the farm roads tend to get in the way of tractors and other equipment and vehicles.
* PETS not allowed at this time, but hope to in future!
* MOVIES: We have a DVD player with lots of DVD's to choose from!
* CELL SERVICE is a bit sketchy. The same goes for our Wifi. The Pass Code is provided in your space. We have no high speed capability in our area….yet:-).
* FOOD and TRASH can’t be left in outside areas. There are trash bins in the rooms and a larger trash can conveniently located just inside the garage.
* Use of the kitchen can be arranged upon request.
* DOORS: Please close outside doors with a good tug. Some doors can stick. The doggie is very curious and strong enough to push them open.
* BEFORE You Leave:
- Blankets and comforters can be folded and placed on top of the beds.
- Thermostat turned to the OFF position. All doors unlocked.
- Sheets and towels can be placed on the floor in the bathroom.
- Be SURE to check the rooms one last time for personal items :-).
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this. Now go have fun!!!
Sincerely your hosts, Steve, TD, Shasta and Rosie.
My husband Steve & I have been married for 33 years, with the last 21 spent here in Parkdale, Oregon. Our pride & joys are 2 kids, 5 grand kids, 3 great grand kids. We have the privilege of sharing our home with "Rose" the kitty, and two very large and very beautiful Newfoundlands named Shasta & Roxy. If you let them, they will steel your heart away. We spoil them as much as possible. After retiring in 2015 from our small screen printing & embroidery business, we are enjoying a slightly slower paced lifestyle . Among our favorite activities is running a Fun & Fitness program for youth in the surrounding schools. There's nothing like excited and smiling children to perk up your day. We love entertaining visiting friends & family. It gives me an excuse to really show off our beloved home & yard. Steve is known for keeping a well groomed lawn, and amusing visitors with stories of his travels & experiences in the Navy. We're full of good advise about what to do and where to go to have fun in our area. Hiking, biking and "Elfing" around the scenic Columbia River Gorge are just a few things we enjoy doing together.(see our photos for a picture of our "Elf"). Our favorite time of day is evening when the sunsets are brilliant, the BBQ is ready and the beer is cold. And in Winter it's firing up the large wood stove, cooking up a batch of steaming soup, and watching a good British detective movie. We appreciate the life we have and enjoy sharing it with others. From the south deck the views of Mt. Hood and the gorgeous nearby East Hill is Smack!... in your face. And from the north deck, both Mt. Adams and the Mt. Rainier are visible. This area is spectacular. Possibly the best place on earth and we can't live without it!