• Calm and quiet household, great for business travelers!
• Sweet private room with adjacent full bathroom
• Wifi, desk, power strip, outlets, good lighting
• Guest-only common room with 42" TV
• Shared kitchen, dining room
• Vintage butterfly quilt, new twin mattress
• Walk to Safeway, Walgreens, Starbucks, and Uptown Village bakeries, cafes, shops, and restaurants
• Walk to Vancouver Hilton (1.4 miles)
• LGBTQ / POC / 420 friendly
• Non-smoking house
This is a very light and bright single room. Although the room isn't large, our guests say there's plenty of room to rest and work. Use our secure wifi - your laptop fits on the desk, and there are plenty of outlets for your electronics. The two south-facing windows let the room be bright and sunny, and blackout shades keep it cool and dark when you need it. Bubbaji, the friendly cat who occupies the rest of the house, enjoys attention but stays out of your room and will leave you alone if you don't want to be bothered. The room shares a bath with the owners, but the bathroom has plenty of room for your things on the counter by the window and on your own shelf in the shower. Washer/dryer, iron/ironing board, shampoo/hair dryer plus essentials (towels, hangers, soap, etc.) are available at no charge.
Accès des voyageurs
• The room looks out onto the private fenced back garden and patio, which you are welcome to enjoy. Relax in chairs under the sun umbrella and build a fire in the chiminea on the patio. Let us know, and we'll provide the firewood. This is a good space to enjoy some product from one of the 2 recreational cannabis shops in Uptown Village. Note about the fire: occasionally during very hot and dry weather, the local authorities will ban recreational fires, even those in a metal fireplace like ours. We apologize in advance if this happens during your stay.
• Feel free to use our kitchen - there's a place in the fridge and under the island for your food, and room at the dining table for you if you like, although you can eat in your room if you prefer.
• Read comfortably or watch TV downstairs in the guest-only common room. The 42" TV has broadcast channels and Apple TV, with Bluetooth to allow you to use your Hulu or Netflix account.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
We let you set the pace for interaction. We're delighted to share our enthusiasm for Vancouver, to offer recommendations, and to help you find what you need, from restaurants and local stores to regional sights. We enjoy talking to our guests and have made some good friends through hosting. But if you prefer privacy, no worries! A quick smile as you pass us on your way to the common room or out the door will be all the contact you need to give us. We are here to make your life easier!
•Bubbaji, our quiet, friendly indoor cat, loves to cuddle but won't be bothersome.
•Our 4 chickens are kept in a coop in the yard. No rooster so no crowing, although these girls boast about their egg laying prowess, so you may hear them once in a while.
•Some guests prefer to park in the driveway behind the house, while others take advantage of the plentiful on-street parking in front.
We are very pleased to be hosting you, and look forward to sharing our house with you!
• Relax, have a good time, and don't hesitate to ask us if there is anything you need.
• Please don't let our sweet, friendly cat out! He would be lost without us.
• For security reasons, we ask that you lock the outside doors at all times, whether you are coming in or leaving.
• You are sharing our kitchen and we know that you will be considerate. There is designated space for your food in the refrigerator and under the kitchen island. You don't have to wash your dishes, but do rinse them and leave them in the sink. You are welcome to sit at the dining table to eat - just let us know and we will put out a placemat for you.
• For fire safety, we don't permit candles or open flame of any kind indoors.
• We are a completely non-smoking household, and don't allow smoking or vaping of any kind inside.
• We are 420-friendly, but you must abide by Washington State law.
• So that everyone can sleep well, we request quiet time from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. We also ask our chickens to follow this rule, but while they are very good about going to bed before 10, they sometimes do wake up before 7. If they have been productive, meaning that one of them has laid an egg, she may well announce this triumphantly for a few minutes.
• Because we want to see who we are hosting, we regret that we don't accept third party bookings.
Cet hôte a 55 commentaires pour d'autres propriétés.Voir d'autres commentaires
We live in the Portland metro area (Vancouver, WA), in a 1940s house that we're working on, which we share with a cat and 2 chickens (that is, the chickens are in the yard). We travel a fair amount and I've written a few articles for travel publications and for local newspapers. We're both retired, from computers and technical writing. We have a lot of books, we're non-smokers and like things to be clean and quiet.